Possible NEW Site in the works...

Kalashi

Old Alpha
Society
**ON LEAVE**
Kalashi Kaiu Damask
Myself and Soc Mate Jove have been disussing a 'Name & Shame' type website for a long time now...

Posts about revive killing etc cannot give any substantial meaning or reflection on EP due to the 'no name policy' which i personally do not agree with, although i can see it DOES help to keep posts kinda civil...

I ask can a 'Name & Shame' forum be added here?

It would be very easy to moderate, simply do not allow any new threads to 'go live' before they have been moderated.

By moderation i mean to asses the claim of the poster, ie. do they have a screenie clearly showing someone 1 or more times revive killing them on amathera etc etc?

EP replies to these posts have included 'please wait for the reputation system to be implemented'

This is ridiculous, how does this stop someone from revive killing?

It merely allows them more satisfaction when you give them bad rep and their stance rises to '666 Devil rep.'

Please give your thoughts on a strictly moderated 'Name & Shame' forum here on EF.

If the Admins and/or the majority are against such a topic etc then we will go ahead and create a site to see how things go :wise:

I can understand that you can get evidence picture from getting killed multiple times in pvp but I cant really think any other credible evidence pics...

If mods go through posts and allow only some naming posts they are taking a side in those cases. Thus allowed naming post kind of have signature of mods under it. However mods rarely can know which naming cases are reasonable or true at all. Thats why they are forbidden at EP.

Here naming is allowed to some degree but Im not sure if MB allows posts that are for attacking someone personally.

Essi said:
I can understand that you can get evidence picture from getting killed multiple times in pvp but I cant really think any other credible evidence pics...

If mods go through posts and allow only some naming posts they are taking a side in those cases. Thus allowed naming post kind of have signature of mods under it. However mods rarely can know which naming cases are reasonable or true at all. Thats why they are forbidden at EP.

Here naming is allowed to some degree but Im not sure if MB allows posts that are for attacking someone personally.

You do not have to 'take sides' merely look at the screenie, the description of the act etc

Any wars within posts etc that might kick off are perfectly acceptable, unless they are COMPLETE flaming, malicious, rude etc

in which case the post can be deleted/locked...

My opinion :)

As Essi mentioned, naming is allowed to some degree, but from that and to making a whole forum for such cases aint gonna happen, no "Hall of Shame" here.

And still try and keep it clean, not too many bitching and whining threads, that's not the purpose of these forums.

The problem with such is there is usually word against word, and like Essi said; the mods then need to take a side.

A page like that can be used in alot of ways that its not intended to. I know ALOT of people thats immature enough to put someone honorable up on a hall of shame because of some lame excuse like "he pk'ed meee... boooo! *sniffsobwhine*" but putting his opponent up for shame with the stamp "spawnkiller" or "scammer" or whatever.

erf, its morning for me now so excuse me if my reply seem a lil... messy.
But anyway the point is; there are people in PE immature enough to lie about what their foe did, just to make other hate him/her aswell.

MindBuster said:
As Essi mentioned, naming is allowed to some degree, but from that and to making a whole forum for such cases aint gonna happen, no "Hall of Shame" here.

Thats cool, will have to see if we can get one of the ground ;)

And still try and keep it clean, not too many bitching and whining threads, that's not the purpose of these forums.

You are implying this is a whining thread? :scratch:

Kalashi said:
You are implying this is a whining thread? :scratch:

Lol, no, just covering up for what i said first, that naming is allowed to some degree but shouldnt be used too much :D

MindBuster said:
Lol, no, just covering up for what i said first, that naming is allowed to some degree but shouldnt be used too much :D

Great thx :)

Skam said:
The problem with such is there is usually word against word, and like Essi said; the mods then need to take a side.

A page like that can be used in alot of ways that its not intended to. I know ALOT of people thats immature enough to put someone honorable up on a hall of shame because of some lame excuse like "he pk'ed meee... boooo! *sniffsobwhine*" but putting his opponent up for shame with the stamp "spawnkiller" or "scammer" or whatever.

erf, its morning for me now so excuse me if my reply seem a lil... messy.
But anyway the point is; there are people in PE immature enough to lie about what their foe did, just to make other hate him/her aswell.

That’s the point Skam..if this is the case then Moderation is VERY simple...

The type of post you describe would be worded in such a way it would be obvious to tell immediately that it was either

A. false (ie a PS screenie)

or

B. just an annoyed imature person trying for revenge

Its all about the moderation that is needed to make this work, no personal involvement or affecting of decisions made.

Simply:

TRUE -

I have attached a screenie of my corpse at the revive terminal no 4 different occasions, each time stamped, and with the evil doer 'Kalashi Damask' quoted in the capture also as saying "LOL stoopid N00b" Can you please add these to the 'Hall of Shame' ?

and

FALSE -

OMFG this stupid F**KING IDIOT kept shooting my mob and kS me, he so needs a BIG BIATCH SLAP! heres a pic of him shooting my cornu on the beach!

Or..am i just being a little naive? :rofl:

there are immature smart ones aswell ;)

Like on amathera it doesnt pop up a message when someone killed someone.

"hmm... Ill get my teammate who's also pissed at this uber who is now standing next to me and arguing with me on ks'in, to kill me over and over, and then Ill blame it all on the uber and send him into hall of shame muwhahahahahahhahaha"

My thoughts on naming and shaming....
it should be reserved for in game. When some1 has done something to me, I just tell every1 I know :vampire: (and I know a lot of ppl MUHAHAHA)

Back