Possible theory (databases)

Karv

Provider
Society
German White Angels
Karvjiash "Karv" Moshdarij
Everyone knows, that behind everything in entropia, there's a database on the server... Everything is logged, chat, what you do when, when you've registered, what money and time effort you put in the game, etc.

So, here's my theory (and I try to make it as short as possible):
- Players put money in the game (Dropping probes/bombs, shooting, crafting)
- Every single loot has a chance and consists of a random min-max money output number - the loot is still random
- Every Global, HoF, ATH has a chance too. Maybe every 1000th loot is a global or whatever
- Then there are some multiplicators. It could be, that they are calculated via a ranking list of money input, time input, current location (or a random number and if it matches the location or crafting machine it will do something), current server time, maybe even out of the Password MD5/SHA-1/whatever hash or some equivalent number that is calculated out of the name, etc. - these numbers can change easily, maybe daily a random number.
- It would not be gambling, because there is a time, WHEN something happens and a multiplicator that changes the global up or down (but out of many factors that depend one on another)...
- The only "random" thing is, that you - like with real world things, if you think, that it was coincidence that something happened - have too much variables (even when 10k players play, you can't say, when someone now really has a loot or not), so you think that it is coincidence, but in reality it isn't.

This is my theory. Loot will never exceed some amount, because of the multiplicators etc. - but it is also impossible for a single player to know how the system works (as long as there are enough players) - and so MA/FPC is on the safe side. If ever someone comes behind the exact variables, they just change it.

Well yeah, but the only thing that rules out is that leprechauns put loot into little windows for us. :laugh:

Well yeah, but the only thing that rules out is that leprechauns put loot into little windows for us. :laugh:

its not leprechauns.. they tiny giants

Am i wrong? i noticed there's alot less delay on a global loot (the window and items) then a average loot, any theory about that?

Am i wrong? i noticed there's alot less delay on a global loot (the window and items) then a average loot, any theory about that?

the delay is the time the hamsters need to turn the wheel that brings up the lootwindow

Maybe hamsters eat the loot?

the delay is the time the hamsters need to turn the wheel that brings up the lootwindow

i think there are 2 loot pools, one is predefined based on previous income and another flexible pool to compensate with the average and no loots

so i think there's a whole cage of hamsters and a few wheels, some more quick then others (depends on howmuch we feed them:D)

nope

over time the system always give u back 80-90% of what youve spent in tt ( down the system , not to other players )

special loot ( big ath¨s , uber item drops ) are excluded from normal loot triggers but tt value of the loot are included in you tt in / tt out once you are lucky enough to recieve it.

and its really not about winning vs the house , its about winning over other players.

cheers

ermik

nope

and its really not about winning vs the house , its about winning over other players.

cheers

ermik

I totaly agree with that, its the only logic thing to base your gameplay on,
I use the same philosophy...

but...
there is more to it and certain luck (timing?) and/or triggers are involved

The OP is so unbelievably vague it's like stating "I think taxes are filed with paperwork"

The OP is so unbelievably vague it's like stating "I think taxes are filed with paperwork"

Do you have a "more correct knowledge" about how the system works? It's the thing how it can work in the background. How the triggers are exactly - if every 1000th something or every 99th - it is not possible to get this data, because there are too much players and trigger effects at the same time. ;)

Only the coders of the loot routine can say how it works exactly.

Thats the reason why it is only a theory.

Everybody is free to share his own theory about loot.
It can be wrong or right, but one fo shure: If I would have coded the loot routine, you would have no way to prove or disprove any of your theories.

All you would find out is, that there is a lootpool (at least one, much more likely many different!)

My theory is that every loot is counted by multiplier.

Im 100% right.

That doesnt mean i know anything.

Well the scientific approach is difficult to apply to Entropia.
Imagine "the universe" would have closely monitored the progress of Newton and just when he was about to finally collect the statistical evidence for the exact nature of gravity it would have changed the rules and would have made stuff levitate or such.

Remember its not the real world in there. There is no spoon!

That said,
yes I believe the OP is right in assuming that there are many variables involved.
But its so complex that its very difficult to nail down anything specific.

Back