Problem starting EU on Windows 2003 server

Tasior`ek

Old
Have anyone got positive experience running "Entropia Universe" on "Windows 2003 Server" with GeForce4 MX440 graphics card on multiprocessor machine? I have problem with that. Information is "Renderer creation error: HAL device not available for default adapter". Graphics drivers i'm using are newest from nVidia. Acceleration is set to full. DirectX was reinstalled. What else can I do? Any suggestions are pleasent.

GL with game :)

Hmm it tooked me some time before but just after posting i resolved problem.
Not know why but computer did have disabled directdraw acceleration. I enabled it by running dxdiag. second page with tests there was "Enable" button near "DirectDraw Acceleration: Disabled". Posting that information to help other players with similar problems.
Bye

Hmm it tooked me some time before but just after posting i resolved problem.
Not know why but computer did have disabled directdraw acceleration. I enabled it by running dxdiag. second page with tests there was "Enable" button near "DirectDraw Acceleration: Disabled". Posting that information to help other players with similar problems.
Bye

Thanks for the info. I acquired a system with Win2003 and was thinking about trying EU on it.

<removed...>

Last edited:
Server OS's typically handle the memory management and swap file better than a workstation os does., however, the graphics cards of most file servers leave a lot to be desired.....

Interesting...Pls post more of the type of playability of the game when you get time.

Regards,

NS

I've been running EU on W2K3 Server for some time now, there is no support for it from MA, the graphic drivers aren't normally written to run under the server environment, however XP drivers work.

Up until the latest VU, its been extremely stable, after that its very unstable. I would be interested to see how your stability is. Also since W2k3 SP1 I've lost sound, which is a bit annoying, but I remember what the sounds are like so it doesn't matter that much.

And why run it under a Server environment.. well, I'm a software developer, I need the server environment to develop server applications, I refuse to dual boot (takes too long for a quick game) and I'm not buying another computer just to play EU on.

However, I will probably convert my current OS installation to a VMware image for development and then install XP with VMWare server to host it. That way I get the best of both worlds.

Would be interested to hear your experiences running it too.

Shaz Monaro

<removed...>

Last edited:
I've been running EU on W2K3 Server for some time now, there is no support for it from MA, the graphic drivers aren't normally written to run under the server environment, however XP drivers work.

Up until the latest VU, its been extremely stable, after that its very unstable. I would be interested to see how your stability is. Also since W2k3 SP1 I've lost sound, which is a bit annoying, but I remember what the sounds are like so it doesn't matter that much.

SP2 is out...have you applied that? Maybe you'll get your sound back?

Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried that not long after it was released... didn't resurrect the sound. I've pretty much resigned myself to not having sound. Although I do miss hearing the Global/HoF sounds.

Shaz Monaro

after SP2. no sound too:(

Last edited:
Back