Problems uploading skills to wiki

Java JC

Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Java JC Cambridge
For loading my skills to wiki, I use PEAss to capture the screenshots, and PE Companion to produce a .csv file.

The first time I uploaded my skills it worked fine (although I'm not sure if I'm meant to capture the prof standing screen too...?).

However, since then, I've had some rather screwy results:

1. Skill list includes 'Miner' and shows skill points against it, but I do not have this skill.
2. Highest single skill value that should have showed 5kish...showed 90k (it actually showed the value of all my skills)
3. Total skill value showed 180k - i.e. two times my actual total skills.

All these anomalies were in the upload to wiki - the csv file that PEComp generated was correct. The only way I could solve the problem was to manually edit the wiki screen.

It seems that it is only since I tried to overwrite my skills that it's gone wrong. Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone know a way around it?

Thanks in advance
JC

i think that the error was caused by "miner" being both a skill and a profession, and the csv file did not specify which was what.
the workaround, iirc, was to upload the xml file, instead of the csv.

/jdegre.

i think that the error was caused by "miner" being both a skill and a profession, and the csv file did not specify which was what.

/jdegre.

Aha! I'll try that tonight to see if it solves the problem.

Do you know if I'm meant to screenie the prof standings too - or is it calculated from the skills?

Ta
JC

/jdegre.
What he said! :wtg:
You'll be better off with the XML, which is also more trendy than the old CSV anyways! ;P

To get back to the OP, with EU Companion you can grab both skills and professions. Just notice that while the XML output contains both skills and professions in one file (infact the files are called "stats <date>.xml"), the CSV differentiates the skills and the professions in two different files ("skills <date>.csv" and "professions <date>.csv"), so you might need to upload them both.

Let us know if you've got any problems.
P. :smoke:

EDIT:
[...] Do you know if I'm meant to screenie the prof standings too - or is it calculated from the skills? [...]
No, it's not automagically calculated, you've got to screenie them too. (You can skip the first profession's page, tho... the one that says "achieved/unachieve professions").

Thanks very much for the help guys :)

JC

Thanks guys...that seemed to do the trick.

My highest skill and total skills updated correctly, in fact the only thing that didn't auto-update was my highest prof standing in my main avi details (but I'm not sure if it is meant to anyway, so I did it manually).

Thanks again

JC

Thanks guys...that seemed to do the trick.

My highest skill and total skills updated correctly, in fact the only thing that didn't auto-update was my highest prof standing in my main avi details (but I'm not sure if it is meant to anyway, so I did it manually).

Thanks again

JC
If you mean the "Prof. Standing" (Veteran Laser Sniper, in my case, for example), then no, it's not meant to grab it (remember, it's on the first page of the professions, the one which isn't parsed anyways... ;P), you've got to update it by hand if you want to...

Glad it was all solved! ;)

For loading my skills to wiki, I use PEAss to capture the screenshots, and PE Companion to produce a .csv file.

The first time I uploaded my skills it worked fine (although I'm not sure if I'm meant to capture the prof standing screen too...?).

However, since then, I've had some rather screwy results:

1. Skill list includes 'Miner' and shows skill points against it, but I do not have this skill.
2. Highest single skill value that should have showed 5kish...showed 90k (it actually showed the value of all my skills)
3. Total skill value showed 180k - i.e. two times my actual total skills.

All these anomalies were in the upload to wiki - the csv file that PEComp generated was correct. The only way I could solve the problem was to manually edit the wiki screen.

It seems that it is only since I tried to overwrite my skills that it's gone wrong. Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone know a way around it?

Thanks in advance
JC

When is the last time you had these problems? I am aware of them but AFAIK I fixed them all some time back. CVS should work correctly, although the double names can in some rare cases still give problems. The too high skill values should be totally fixed.

If you mean the "Prof. Standing" (Veteran Laser Sniper, in my case, for example), then no, it's not meant to grab it (remember, it's on the first page of the professions, the one which isn't parsed anyways... ;P), you've got to update it by hand if you want to...

Glad it was all solved! ;)

That makes sense to me now :)

When is the last time you had these problems? I am aware of them but AFAIK I fixed them all some time back. CVS should work correctly, although the double names can in some rare cases still give problems. The too high skill values should be totally fixed.

Witte

The last time I tried it was less than 4 weeks ago, and still got the error on total skills and highest skill. It is fixed by using the xml file tho :)

JC

Witte

The last time I tried it was less than 4 weeks ago, and still got the error on total skills and highest skill. It is fixed by using the xml file tho :)

JC

Ah ok, well it should be fixed in the meanwhile. If you want you can give CSV a try just to see if it works. If not id like to hear so I can fix it better ;)

Ah ok, well it should be fixed in the meanwhile. If you want you can give CSV a try just to see if it works. If not id like to hear so I can fix it better ;)

Next time I upload my skills, I'll try the csv file to see if it works.

JC

Back