Info: PVP Events Review

Review

• I have also experienced some of these problems

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • I haven't experienced any of these problems personally

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • I don't do PVP but thanks for the heads up!

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • I'm EFD mad

Votes: 16 45.7%

• Total voters

Stutoman

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Dan Richard Baker
Today I participated in my first event ever, i've been around a while but winning never seemed within grasp before.
I didn't win this time due to a mishap with the settings allowing players to enter a noob event and dominate with LR41s and Fireforges etc etc..

But the event itself is not what i'm reviewing, its the event system for PVP itself, in this case particularly Zychoin Citadel.

The event started and I had a nice place on the roof to be able to snipe people with, but I was shooting people that WEREN'T participating in the event and doing no damage to them whatsoever, this bug needs to be fixed. I remember entering another event zone and it says teleporting away but it doesn't actually work and other players can just walk through as they please which shouldn't happen.

The Revival zone is extremely stupid: Everyone reviving in exactly the same place means that the ones who dominate can just wait for people to step outside the safe zone and they're more ready to shoot than the person who's moving - no using tp chips constantly should not be the answer. This could be fixed by changing the rule in pvp event zones to not revive at the nearest revival but place several around the zone and have the system randomly choose where you revive.

I left the event halfway through since I saw early on that I would just be wasting more ped continuing. But when I left the event zone I was taken off the participant list even though I could still see it, I still could use the event chat and listen to the music stream although I couldn't use the rep system nor be repped myself. When I returned to the event zone before the event was over I couldn't continue the event since it wasn't pvp for my for some reason but still was for others. Theres an issue with this which needs to be put on the to do list.

In my personal opinion the pvp events are just whoever's spent the most on their gun wins - end of. Theres no tactics and I can tell this because I carefully planned where I would be located during the event. Maybe the movement controls could possibly be altered and crouching/prone positions added. They're not that hard to add and you've already probably got a code you could copy for it directly from crysis.

A pvp gun would be nice, even with blp which supposedly let of 11 or more rounds of ammo a shot (or now 1.1k ammo per shot) then shouldn't it be sprayable? I mean if you move your gun while shooting then you hit nothing unless you're lucky, and thats a real disadvatage for those with both small screens and bad graphics cards.

I believe no matter how much money an individual pumps into the game, when it comes to player versus player combat we should all be able to have an equal chance and even though guns are unbalanced this is achievable by adding tactics.

I'm glad I can report these bugs in a relatively cheap loss to me instead of a match where I might have paid much more for a ticket.

Just my 2pec and I hope MA/FPC listen carefully.

Send a support case with your bugs? they probably notice it more that way then on a sub-sub forum thread that gets lost amongst others.

pvp events using this system are never competed in by anyone serious. There has never been a way to restrict entrance by skills (only by reputation). If it failed, that is the event-organisers fault for not setting clear rules.

as much as i love PVP and the events i think its just best to sit out most the time as there are always little problems in one way or another. best thing to do is yes send a support cast to MA so they no the problem and can work on it.

Back