Q&A (September 06 - Q's)

Status
Frey said:
I´d like to ask about the one request/question that has been around as long as I have in this game - a loaning system.

To the best of my knowledge, as long as the question has been asked, it has also been procrastinated (we dont know, maybe, we´ll see in the future aso).

Is the reason why nothing has happened with this a pure programing-issue(ie, you´d need to rework the entire item-system or something), or is it just because you feel you dont want it around?

A decent loaning/renting system would eliminate most of the scamming cases, aswell as offer some incentive to buy top-gear to use for rental-service while you dont use it yourself.

/Frey

That one was answered in the last series:
Q&A Aug-Sep 06 said:
* Participants asking for a long time for the implementation on a lending system. Can we expect this in the near future ?

No. We don't believe a general lending system will be beneficial to Entropia Universe, and the security around it is very complex. The indications we have are that if a lending system is introduced it will create monopolies and remove a large part of the fun factor from Entropia Universe.

If its too much blabla then concentrate on the "No" at the start, that is the essential answer.

Felicity said:
I would like to better understand how Success Rates are used in Hair Styling.

I was recently coloring someone's hair from red to black. The chair stated that I had a 54% success rate. I failed 63 times in a row.

The odds of failing so spectacularly are 1 in 72309129147201477.

Although this is the most extreme example I have encountered, it is not far off from the usual outcomes. The outcomes seem to be nowhere near in line with the probability based on success rate. In talking with other stylists, their experiences are the same.

Since the machine caps the SR at 54%, I don't see any solution -- skills and additional supplies will still keep the SR listed at 54%.

Any additional information on how we can make this more manageable would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! :) -- Fliss :girl:

PM'd you a work around for this problem ;)

Status
Back