Question: Question about pills and enhancers.

wisniaysyses

Hatchling
Piotr Wisniaysyses Wisniewski
I am a fairly new player and have a question.

Outside of mayhem events is it worth to use pills or enhancers for weapons? If it worth off then which pills and which weapon enhancers.

Short answer is, it depends. It depends on what you are hunting and why you are hunting it. It depends on your goals.

Slightly longer answer; does what you get out of using pills/enhancers offset the increased expenditure from using said pills/enhancers.

For most people (i assume) increasing MU input on normal ,day to day hunting is not worth it. If you have specific goals, then it might be worth it. If you are looking to improve an already advantageous position it is almost certainly worth it up to a point (one which is quite apparent when you are there)

So for example when im hunting mobs for markup it"s not worth to use enhancers and pills right?

Most important is ur dmg output and so on cost to play per hour to know what is wise to use.
Some pills can make u spend more, some gives more economy some more damage. Try to best understand what they bring you with testing and thinking process.
Enhancers, you need to know the break rate on the weapon on average firstly. Break rate should be proportionnal now, fonction of the benefits it provides to ur weapon. It takes some time to find out but certainly worth it.

Edit to try and answer last question. If you are new and not at least level 50 yet, just use skill pills and try to understand all the parameters first.
For enhancers, use them till u find out what it will cost you, then you will know it its ok to use for u or not.

Last edited:
One might also maybe suggest, that if you have some untradeable pills, which are not that much worth, you might as well use them (got around 1k sugar canes, never seem to be able to use enough to have none because of opening boxes).
But buying pills for PEDs....
Even for skilling it might be more economical to simply get the implants to skill up on lower levels (aka below level 100 :D )
As for the boosts...rather get a ring for higher reload and avoiding getting hit (although the latter one will not give you the really precious evade skills).

So buying pills...its for folks that are competing with others at their level in competitions. Can help but no guarantee that it does.
Even higher skill gains....at my level it takes me roughly 100 hours to gain 1 level in Laser hit (without any rings or pills).
Adding a 15% reload ring gives me a slight boost there, but also my guns are deterioting those 15% faster.

So in short....if you are at a low level below rather 70 and want to use pills for skilling, do the maths if chipping in might not be worthwhile.
Those 10 or 100% skill gains from pills are way more worth when you are on a higher level.

And allways remember...just because you could kill something it does not mean you should :D

Pillls and enhancers increase DPS for a cost, they are optional and generally don't pay for themselves directly, but in some scenarios they have a use:

1. Participating in higher level content where DPS is a bottleneck for you
2. Getting your missions done quicker because you are a busy bee and got XP to grind on Runescape. No xp waste. (my main reason)
3. Racing to gather enough mayhem tokens before somebody else pulls your desired item.
4. Increasing turnover to exploit a profit opportunity.
5. Skilling up quicker to become uber in 3 months or less.

Back