questions about starting a website

jambon

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
James Jambon Zidane
Ok I posted this question in a support ticket 2+ weeks ago and haven't heard a peep so figured I'd ask the community if they have any insight.

I'm interested in starting a website relating to Entropia. The website would have various online tools, information and videos on it designed to help new and existing players. I was even thinking of doing a twitch stream and/or youtube channel.

I had a few questions about if I'm allowed to do this...

1. Am I able to create a fan site for Entropia? Are their specific guidelines that must be followed?

2. Am I able to monetized videos I put on youtube of my Entropia gameplay?

3. Am I able to place Ads (such as Google Adsense) on my Entropia website?

Any insight you could offer about this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ok I posted this question in a support ticket 2+ weeks ago and haven't heard a peep so figured I'd ask the community if they have any insight.

I'm interested in starting a website relating to Entropia. The website would have various online tools, information and videos on it designed to help new and existing players. I was even thinking of doing a twitch stream and/or youtube channel.

I had a few questions about if I'm allowed to do this...

1. Am I able to create a fan site for Entropia? Are their specific guidelines that must be followed?

2. Am I able to monetized videos I put on youtube of my Entropia gameplay?

3. Am I able to place Ads (such as Google Adsense) on my Entropia website?

Any insight you could offer about this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yes I've been doing it for years now.

yes you can, BUT you cannot advertise url in game unless it's specifically related to a society website... oddball rule, but if you ask support you'll see that this is a long established rule they try to follow, even though some try to break it daily.

Thanks for the responses thus far. I've seen a bunch of people with sites but was hoping for an official response.

Guess the rule of thumb is just do it and if it's wrong ask for forgiveness later.

Ya know, yet another appalling move by MA - you would think since they aren't exactly killing it with marketing they would at least make some effort to encourage it's participants to do the job for them.

Anyways I'll put an update here if support ever responds

Back