Quick question

Brilliam Mason

Dominant
Society
Skillin Villians
Mason Brilliam Seafarer
Just a question for all those miners out there. What do you consider a good hit rate when mining? I recently started keeping track of my hit rate and found that on a 150 bomb run I am hitting returns about 25% of those drops. This is on the planet on both continent.

On the planet, 25%

well, I consider a good hit rate to be 40-50%. if it's better, then I'm really happy.

I consider 25% to be a minimum rate, and I often get upset if that's all I can achieve with out a good reason. any less and I become quite angry with myself for being stupid.

I tend to throw both bombs and probes; and, in doing so, it's easy to be a little more carefree than one should. since vu 10, I've been considering limiting mining expeditions to just one type only at a time. I expect this would bring up the good hit rate a bit. however, old habits are hard to break, and I haven't tried this yet.

last time i checked my Hit rate was average 26% (26 bombs of every 100 were claims)

@kira-red
I don't know how you can get 40 or 50 hits from every 100 bombs but please share the secret :)

well, I consider a good hit rate to be 40-50%. if it's better, then I'm really happy.

Oh thats really good, must be load of profit from such hitrates

My average hit rate is 23% and thats ok for me.

25-27% average, when getting above that usually mean a good run even if no globals. For me that is

i dont care about the hitrate often when i miss alot in a row
often i get the peds back i lost in a large find or better

(with 103 UL)

but lately i lose a lot on TT maybe saving up for a tower or something

I`ve never bothered to count my hit rate all these yeres. But you know what... I think I`m going to count my few runs for the hell of it. I tend to go by feel. And I know hit rate varies with almost every run. But as has been said often one big hit can make up for a low claim count run. In fact often times when I`m not hitting as many claims as I should be that`s when later in a run I`ll get amples or larger that make up for lower count and bring the return back to average.

I don't know how you can get 40 or 50 hits from every 100 bombs but please share the secret :)

it's not 40 or 50 hit from every 100 bombs. it's 40-50% hits when attempting to mine/drill an area. the number of bombs/probes isn't something I consider. in fact, if it is going well, I can sometimes get somewhere around 75%, but this doesn't happen that often.

there is no secret. when you find a place, just look around. stop when you feel you've tried your best. locations move around a bit, so fixed co-ordinates won't work. time is another factor. outside of that, I don't know what else to add.

Oh thats really good, must be load of profit from such hitrates

no. hit rate on its own hasn't meant much for a long time. the typical finds are scrawny IIs and IIIs. this can hurt you, depending on your choice of equipment and such.

over all, I do okay. but, I don't have a swimming pool filled with peds to lavish upon. the claim size, in my opinion, is almost as important as the hit-rate. that's to say, I believe one has to establish a style that promotes the hit-rate and then make adjustments to the technique to try to maximize the claim.

sort of what like skull says here:

often i get the peds back i lost in a large find or better

which is, of course, the desired result.

hope you find that tower, skull. if you get one, can you put my name in for one as well?

Back