Ready to really start "Playing"

Manitou

Young
Angry Manitou Terrier
I've spent the majority of my first days back on calypso collecting all th TPs. I considered it kind of important to be prepared, in case I ever make any friends. Being able to get to places quickly so as to get where your friends are goes a long way to pleasant gaming I've found. (IRL, too! Nobody likes "that guy" who's never ready and makes everyone wait). It was easier this time - back in the olden days, when my first Avatar was just a sprout, (2005) we had just our feet and ran everywhere. There was a rudimentary list of TPs and their co-ords. I ran around mobs I ran around mountains. I died and revived (hopefully closer than farther from the next TP.) But now we got these new fangled vehicles. Thanks to the X-Wing and the Dragonfly and this map https://www.calypsomap.com/ I think I have them all. Oh, sure, from time to time I could observe what changed and what didn't, wore out the carbine, that fap and the mineral finder that came with a "starter pack" I bought, and got familiar with the new "Look" of things and the new interface.

It was good fun ... but now I'm ready. If anybody wants to join up for fun, we can get right to the fun part without you having to help me get to the TP you are near which I don't have yet. Besides the jet and the helicopter, I got a TP chip cuz, well, ya just never know.

The whole reason I like MMO games is the friends I play with. Sure, there are plenty of games that are lots of fun to play and they are not multiplayer, but a computer can't be your friend. Maybe one day one of my buddies from other MMOs I play might join me here, but I'm not holding my breath. So I am open to invitations to hunt, mine, explore, robot beacon, whatever ... I make a great wingman.

I won't crash into this game like a bull in a china shop and disrupt your plans and ... when you want it, privacy, ... by insisting to join you RIGHT NOW in whatever you're doing. I can wait for you to invite me. I can keep myself entertained enough alone, but my best times in every MMO i've played since 1998 were the times I've spent with friends.

Sounds like a active friendly society is in order, dirty dingos is a very chill laid back soc active and always upto fun of all levels. if ur chasing one ofc.

"The Dingo Ate My Baby!!"

LOL:rolleyes:
Seriously, Thanks, Mate. Indeed,
Sounds like a active friendly society is in order,
Yes it is. As you may know, or will figure out, I'm not exactly noob, per se. My avatar is noob, but her person has been around the block here before. Some years ago, sure, but I had to create a new Avatar since I abandoned my old one when I "quit forever" around ... oh ... 2014? or so. It's ok ... I cashed out proper the best I could ... made a withdrawal, recouping some :oops: of my deposits, but the only real thing I lost was skills. It's like I was ... re-incarnated or something.

And Being part of a Society was a big part of my enjoyment. Indeed, even in the games I've played since then, I hold the Idea of "Society" or "Clan" or "Posse" quite important to full enjoyment of a game. Indeed, Why even play any MMO if you don't want to be troubled by other people?

Thanks for your offer to check out Dirty Dingo's. I found a website. Seems pretty cool, some awesome Pics and a crisp, concise website. I like the description, too, it seems like it could be much like what I would like, laid back, yes a hierarchy - there has to be, or Chaos ensues - but not in a "Power - Control" way. Fun.

I will ned help skilling up. And, at some point, I will probably look for a mentor. Who doesn't want a free set of Armour?

Facts: I am in Central American Time Zone. Best I can tell you are 16 hours ahead of me. There seems to be some overlap in times of day where it would be open for us to play during normal "awake" hours, but anyways, I am Retired so I pretty much do what I want when I want who cares what time the clock says.
https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/cst-to-australia-sydney
And you guys speak something close to "English" so there is that.
Do you guys ever use Discord for Voice Chat?
I have a good start on my equipment - armour and stuff, getting a grasp on weapons (a la "Loot 2.0")

anything else I'm forgetting to say?

"The Dingo Ate My Baby!!"

LOL:rolleyes:
Seriously, Thanks, Mate. Indeed,

Yes it is. As you may know, or will figure out, I'm not exactly noob, per se. My avatar is noob, but her person has been around the block here before. Some years ago, sure, but I had to create a new Avatar since I abandoned my old one when I "quit forever" around ... oh ... 2014? or so. It's ok ... I cashed out proper the best I could ... made a withdrawal, recouping some :oops: of my deposits, but the only real thing I lost was skills. It's like I was ... re-incarnated or something.

And Being part of a Society was a big part of my enjoyment. Indeed, even in the games I've played since then, I hold the Idea of "Society" or "Clan" or "Posse" quite important to full enjoyment of a game. Indeed, Why even play any MMO if you don't want to be troubled by other people?

Thanks for your offer to check out Dirty Dingo's. I found a website. Seems pretty cool, some awesome Pics and a crisp, concise website. I like the description, too, it seems like it could be much like what I would like, laid back, yes a hierarchy - there has to be, or Chaos ensues - but not in a "Power - Control" way. Fun.

I will ned help skilling up. And, at some point, I will probably look for a mentor. Who doesn't want a free set of Armour?

Facts: I am in Central American Time Zone. Best I can tell you are 16 hours ahead of me. There seems to be some overlap in times of day where it would be open for us to play during normal "awake" hours, but anyways, I am Retired so I pretty much do what I want when I want who cares what time the clock says.
https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/cst-to-australia-sydney
And you guys speak something close to "English" so there is that.
Do you guys ever use Discord for Voice Chat?
I have a good start on my equipment - armour and stuff, getting a grasp on weapons (a la "Loot 2.0")

anything else I'm forgetting to say?
Yeah we speak broken english, heavy aussie slang in discord apply to the soc if ur interested, always peeps in discord voice doin crazy shit

Hi Manitou
I've sent you a PM here on the forum.

Back