really n00b kestions:

iNfusioN

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Fabio iNfusi0n Pedro
Hello here comes the n00b again.

question1: with like a OM-105 can i extract more from deposits????

question2:what is the normal respawn time of spots?? or it changes from spot to spot?

question3: for the ruga miners out there, i found some ruga and i want to know from youre experience if ruga spawns @ relugar areas or just random.

question4:new continent good for mining??? or BS???

question5: is the mob @ some areas related to wich minerals are there?

question6: pvp areas fact or fiction? ( this means good or not good for mining)

open a bit of youre "x-Files" for mining and help me a bit here ;)

i am not much or aty all a miner myself but Andie is probably one of the best miner youll find in game and i question her on these and we both got similar results but in the end its up to you and your decision :)

Q1. no it wont help you get more from a deposit olny skill does that. it olny makes you mine faster
Q2. i thin kti changes from spot to spot but normal repsawn time Andie and i look at is 12 hours if theres even a respawn time ;)
Q3. i have a few friends who have found ruga and most of it is just random areas in hope of finding it though west of hades has been found more frequently ;)
Q4.no clue it use to be good when it first came out not sure about now
Q5. No
Q6. i and andie find mining is better osmtimes in pvp but thats purely random i think.

hope this helps

Ogulak'Da'Dragon or better known as Ogulak'Da'Basher :p

1. I think it only weigh less, have less decay and shorter reload.
2. Not sure. I wait for 48 hours before mining an area again.
3. I've never found ruga... :mad:
4. I never find anything there. I'm not sure if it's me or the continent that sucks. :)
5. Nope.
6. There are too many people in pvp 1 and in pvp 2 there are agressive pk'ers who kill other miners on sight. Never been to pvp3.

dunno any except...

mining on amethera SUCKS unless you have the levels dude... i know an uber miner who makes a good 300% profit EVERY TIME HE GOES (hes probably exaggerating a bit, but if he DIDNT make a big profit he wouldnt keep going back would he?) and ive been on 300 bomb-burning sprees and have found, literally, ONE deposit. that means about a -291 ped profit margin.... grrrrr....

You've gotten pretty good answers, so Im not gonna repeat them, but rather give you my take on a few :)

4) Amethera is HUGE. There's also virtually no landmarks. So if you wanna mine through Amethera I suggest you pull out a pen and lots of paper. Im guessing that unless you get lucky you could loose so much money on finding spots there that it would make you crazy.
Randomly bombing might on occasion give you a little something, but I doubt it.

6) The PvP-mining-frenzy from what I have understood have all been when they were new & fresh. PvP1 now is kinda bad. For me it's like any other place, just a bit worse. PvP2 Ive never done due to all the activity there. PvP3 I dont do either, but the mining there atm seems a bit above avg from what I hear.

unionova said:
4) Amethera is HUGE. There's also virtually no landmarks. So if you wanna mine through Amethera I suggest you pull out a pen and lots of paper. Im guessing that unless you get lucky you could loose so much money on finding spots there that it would make you crazy.
Randomly bombing might on occasion give you a little something, but I doubt it.
i knoow... ive gridded out EVERY landgrab area.... about a half-inch parameter around each LG area too, and sparsed a few on my way to genesis.... ive gotten all of FOUR deposits.... thats in 5 total runs, easily 500 ped in bombs, prolly more...
as a matter of interest, do YOU mine on amethera? otherwise, not really one to talk :(

Zasz said:
as a matter of interest, do YOU mine on amethera? otherwise, not really one to talk :(

Ive lost my fair share on Amethera mining. Ive managed to find a couple of spots aswell, but not enough to make up for the losses I make there. But Im not stupid enough to keep on trying when I see the losses I make, so I dont mine there anymore.

OT: uni.... i got a good explanation for the difficulty of mining on amethera... the depth of any deposits are, on average, much lower, so one needs a much higher prospekting to find them. prospekting that is, not mining-- i know someone with a 3.2k mining, but 350 prospekt...
dunno if you care ;) but if you do, thats why.

and yeah.... ive quit mining on amethera too.... with the exception of setting of a few bombs "at the end of the world." :D

Back