Suggestion: Refine Armor Set into One Piece

SoberPhil

Old Alpha
Society
Victory
Philippus SoberPhil Maximus
So I’m an average player and when I hunt it’s almost always smaller mobs, yet I have to carry two sets of armor and two sets of plates with me at all times. 28 items total in this category. Not to mention that removing or replacing armor plates is boring and I just hate doing it, many players feel the same way about this I think.

In order to overcome this I came up with the idea of allowing players to refine matching pieces of armor into one piece (ie one set - one item) with average tier rating between all seven pieces and combined TT value. Same thing should be possible with plates: refine seven identical plates together in order to obtain one combined plate, which could be used to enhance this armor. Alternatively MA could introduce a new type of plate for this.

As for enhancers - no need to increase the number of slots, just increase their breakage rate a little bit so it would reflect their breakage rate as if they were installed on seven pieces of armor separately. Tiering costs would have to be adjusted accordingly. This could be possible for L and UL armors, or only UL. Everything here would be optional of course.

If this were to be implemented, those 28 items would be reduced to just 4! Which would ease inventory management and possibly decrease the strain on the servers.

So what do you guys think?

Not a good idea IMO. But you are aware that you can create a shortcut for equipping/unequipping armor sets right? Yes i know you are talking about something to ease inventory management but if 28 items is making your carried inventory that unmanageable just wait until you start hunting higher level stuff and have to carry 3-4 sets plus plates and 3-4 weapons plus attachment/amps and the like.

I think this becomes a good idea if you could put the combined piece back into the refiner and get the individual armor pieces back out at any time.

Bonus points if the TIRs of the individual pieces are re-rolled when you do this, as people would either be willing to spend a lot of decay seeking a good set of TIRs, or this would be too time consuming (I don't think many people bothered to do this when UL items with TIRs were available at the TT even though that was free) and the activity could be outsourced to newer/poorer players, giving them an alternative use of time to Sweating.

Back