Refine Trash into Shrapnel

Rocket192

Elite
Society
Classified
Sean Rocket Connors
So much hunting loot is complete garbage. It was suggested in the discord by slyk that garbage oils/hides/wools should be able to be refined into shrapnel in lieu of the ever shirnking margins for hunters.

you already can TT it... so yes, another 1% might be nice, but what's Mindark's incentive to do that?

you already can TT it... so yes, another 1% might be nice, but what's Mindark's incentive to do that?
People would turn over that shrapnel to UA and cycle it instead of putting it into the TT and then withdrawing, investing in deeds, or buying items.

Many melee hunters like myself regularly sell shrapnel for half a percentage because a lot of our weapons don’t use ammo, by allowing ammo burners the ability to effectively create universal ammo at 95% of their cycle, rather than the current ~50% of their cycle, you effectively ruin our market.
Sorry I do not support.

Many melee hunters like myself regularly sell shrapnel for half a percentage because a lot of our weapons don’t use ammo, by allowing ammo burners the ability to effectively create universal ammo at 95% of their cycle, rather than the current ~50% of their cycle, you effectively ruin our market.
Sorry I do not support.
people will still buy your shrapnel i promise.

also. melee... LOL

Yeah you have a point. Nobody has ever been successful with melee....
The fact that MA hasn’t reworked all melee weapons to use UA is a slap in the face. Kudos to you for fighting the uphill battle but I wouldn’t. Another thread for that though. I feel for you, I do, but the vast majority of hunters will convert their shrapnel into UA, and there’s still a market to buy shrap from the 15-20 old school melee users.

The fact that MA hasn’t reworked all melee weapons to use UA is a slap in the face. Kudos to you for fighting the uphill battle but I wouldn’t. Another thread for that though. I feel for you, I do, but the vast majority of hunters will convert their shrapnel into UA, and there’s still a market to buy shrap from the 15-20 old school melee users.
Yes converting all melee weapons to being able to use universal would be nice, and certainly level out the fairness, But from my perspective melee gives me other advantages that I am willing to sacrifice a bit of shrapnel conversion on. Please don’t feel sorry for me, I’m perfectly fine with the current melee mechanics. Anyway back on topic..

Of course this will affect the shrapnel market, because there is already a junk to UA pipeline that you will make obsolete. That is
1. Loot junk.
2. TT it.
3. Buy shrapnel for 100.5%
4. Convert to UA for 101%
The seller gets half the conversion markup from the shrapnel sale, the user gets the rest.
Your proposal removes step 2 and 3. Directly cutting out a player shrapnel trade and letting the ammo user keep all the markup for himself.

So no, people won’t continue to buy shrapnel in anywhere near the volume they do now.

Last edited:
Back