FYI: Regarding System Wipes

Princess|ComPet

Former MindArk Official
Good afternoon everyone!

Some people seem confused with the wipe system and with login errors so we wanted to clear that up.

Why do we wipe the system? The system is wiped every Monday so that a new Round can start. On Sundays we pick the Top 3 in the leaderboard and award them 500 PED each. Please note that winners will gain their PED after the Beta period. Old logins cannot be used after the system has been wiped.

As mentioned, the wipe usually happens on Mondays. However a new build coming out may necessitate wiping the system earlier. This will be announced beforehand.

Please note that this is a Beta period and we are also doing this for testing purposes as well.

Accounts created after the Beta Period will not be wiped.

UPDATE:

Wipe will NOT happen this week! (June 13th) :yay:

Last edited:
Reactions: 711
Good afternoon!
What I meant in my post (if you also mean me) is that during these individual weeks with wipes, people will become less and less inclined to go through the process of levelling up if the process is slow. You will then have fewer and fewer people who can find bugs in higher levels or make comments on balancing.
Also, the fewer people who try and level up, the fewer battle partners will be around, and things will grind to a halt.
At best I can imagine some people will choose a week they have more time in to go for a podium finish, but not take part in other weeks if it is just a slow rinse and repeat every week without variations.

As far as my assessment of ComPet so far, I still think it has potential, but the scoring system, the raiding, the battle flexibilities.... the links to EU and peds... all need to be looked at harder.

Restarts are fine but wiping login accounts is counter intuitive and frustrating. No reason to do that. Just start fresh with a "welcome to season #xxx the winners of season/week were xxx. Changes for this season include xxx, xxx, and xxx. Please test and let us know what you think. Good luck!"

Lots of people myself included just stop playing for a while when their login info fails.

Just now got me a Legendary Phonix Rooster! Come Monday he will be packing his bags and leaving my stable.

I imagine his last words to me as he turns and walks off into the sunset will be...

:nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

Restarts are fine but wiping login accounts is counter intuitive and frustrating. No reason to do that. Just start fresh with a "welcome to season #xxx the winners of season/week were xxx. Changes for this season include xxx, xxx, and xxx. Please test and let us know what you think. Good luck!"

Lots of people myself included just stop playing for a while when their login info fails.

Agreed. No reason to wipe login info.

Are we beta testing how to make new accounts ?

Reactions: EMW
They may be doing it the easy way and just doing a complete wipe/reformat of the server. That way they can do a clean install of the new version of the game. Less chance of errors/bugs on bugs that way.

and most importantly: when someone was able to win like 2k peds with this 500 ped per season, will he be able to withdraw it immediately after launch or is it unremovable from compet?

Hurry up with the wipe and hope next round wont be endless time waiting for arena battles.
Great game that I enjoy when it works well :)

Also would appreciate Mind Ark matching me with pets same level as mine where possible. Many times im matched to higher level pets when there are players with same level pets as me.

Last edited:
Back