Suggestion: Repair with Shrapnel Option (see pic)

aVaLON_52

Elite
Society
ᴄʀɪᴍꜱᴏɴ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟꜱ
Avalon Butterfly Erupter
Please enable the option to repair with shrapnel at 101%

index.php

edit: or with universal ammo. Ultimately enabling the 101% bonus across the board for everyone.

Last edited:
The reason you get 1% on your shrapnel is because universal ammo is untradable, you are forced to cycle it again and pay the 1-5% house rake back to mindark, so they ultimately benefit for as long as you keep converting.

Unless you want to somehow introduce a mechanic which locks the tradability of the weapon until it’s decayed, this won’t happen.

It can be done but it’s a more complicated issue than what’s suggested on the surface.

I’d still support an option. With the introduction of shrapnel selling on the auction, the raw economic advantage of ammo burn is largely removed for most of the year, but it certainly will help bankroll if you want to avoid high shrapnel loading over mayhems where you are forced to almost give it away.

I suggested earlier to enable repairing with universal ammo, which is already untradable and can only be converted through loot. Also with a view to the better conversion rate for deposits when you buy ammo from the webshop, which is a disadvantage for users of melee weapons (this was before we got more of them using ammo, but for the existing ones the disparity remains.) It was discussed back and forth what possible balance issues there might be but no conclusion was reached and no official feedback obtained. I'd still wish for it to become possible.

The reason you get 1% on your shrapnel is because universal ammo is untradable, you are forced to cycle it again and pay the 1-5% house rake back to mindark, so they ultimately benefit for as long as you keep converting.

Well I depicted shrapnel in OP but that could be substituted with universal ammo, either is fine, gives melee non-uni ammo types ability to take advantage of 1% as well.

Well I depicted shrapnel in OP but that could be substituted with universal ammo, either is fine, gives melee non-uni ammo types ability to take advantage of 1% as well.
This is exploitable and cannot be done.

People are going to have to stop asking for it. Only way it will be done is if Mindark gets more creative with some other attachments. Instead, they allowed you to sell them to the auction (so they can get more fees).

Best and cleanest thing to ask for I think is an upgrade mission for all existing non ammo burning weapons. (Arcspark, adjusted etc) . Missions can be a kill point requirement, or component hand ins, or both.
This stimulates the economy, gives a financial bone to mindark, doesn’t disrupt the values of the existing weapons and gives people the option between ammo burn or not.

Everyone wins, no exploits.

Buy a melee weapon that uses UA?

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

MA has already started solving this problem by adding melee weapons that uses UA...

People are going to have to stop asking for it. Only way it will be done is if Mindark gets more creative with some other attachments. Instead, they allowed you to sell them to the auction (so they can get more fees).
The way to make people stop asking for things which are not possible is for the community manager to engage with the developers, obtain an explanation and convey it here in a form everybody can understand why it's not possible. That would be the job of anyone in such a position and I see it working with great engagement elsewhere, but right here, this just never seems to happen. So you keep coming back. 1% advantage does create balance shifts and possible exploits which are not immediately obvious to many. It was not initially about this advantage that the idea came up, as mentioned. One just wants to quit guessing and know what the problem really is, then we'll have peace and can direct all future inquiries back to an authoritative statement.

UA seems like a fair solution.

This is the problem though, the community manager is rarely active to my knowledge unless of course she does stuff behind the scenes?
The way to make people stop asking for things which are not possible is for the community manager to engage with the developers, obtain an explanation and convey it here in a form everybody can understand why it's not possible. That would be the job of anyone in such a position and I see it working with great engagement elsewhere, but right here, this just never seems to happen. So you keep coming back. 1% advantage does create balance shifts and possible exploits which are not immediately obvious to many. It was not initially about this advantage that the idea came up, as mentioned. One just wants to quit guessing and know what the problem really is, then we'll have peace and can direct all future inquiries back to an authoritative statement.

UA seems like a fair solution.

This is the problem though, the community manager is rarely active to my knowledge unless of course she does stuff behind the scenes?
No way of knowing except the optics are very, very, very bad.

How is it exploitable?

I think the likelihood of this happening is probably as likely as MA making nanocubes convertable into shrapnel/universal ammo at 101%.
I would love the latter though. You'd always be able to keep hunting without having to tt shit even at lower bankrolls.

I think the likelihood of this happening is probably as likely as MA making nanocubes convertable into shrapnel/universal ammo at 101%.
I would love the latter though. You'd always be able to keep hunting without having to tt shit even at lower bankrolls.
Exactly this is a problem, you can't keep playing indefinitely without contributing anything to the operating costs. Other games have different ways of generating revenue, but here it's based on everybody's decay, including the lowest levels. What I see as something which should be amended is the difference in value you get for deposits between buying ammo and depo-ing directly. Since everything is interconnected, of course every change has consequences elsewhere and needs to be carefully considered. When you never reach a conclusion though and the developers present themselves immune to questions, it remains a thorn in the side.

Buy a melee weapon that uses UA?

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

MA has already started solving this problem by adding melee weapons that uses UA...
This is true, while I viable solution I was suggesting for a way to share the 101% benefit with players of all weapons rather than exclude.

Back