Returning player looking for advice, hunting

Riley

Hatchling
Hey everyone!

Returning player, looking for advice on what to do hunting wise. Basically looking to progress my skills and wanting to learn what I should be doing in game. I've currently just been grinding creatures that I find interesting but maybe there is a better creatureI should aim for grinding. Currently grinding Eviscerator codex(L26 Gen 01 creatures). Also looking for advice on what items to buy to enhance my hunting. I'm currently using mindforce, with a decent dpp that I setup for the last Mayhem event. I guess I'm not sure if I should keep skilling mindforce to get the skill unlocks or switch back to laser weapons at some point. Listed below are my current equipment and skills. Thanks for any input!

Equipment:
Full Ghost Armor (UL)
Full Mk 5B Plating
Full Mk 6A Plating
Arues aug + athenic imp
Cryogenic Attack Chip 7 (UL) Tier 6.7 (Usually have Mayhem MF Amplifier Beta attached)
(For Laser Weapons I had just been buying L items)
Considering buying Adj Resto Healing chip for hunting?

Skills:

(Ill try to fix my post instead of making a new one.)

Now when you are pretty deep in MF you should 100% keep doing it. Loads of nice skill points, unlocks etc. Say....start thinking about a change around force merge.

Evisc is a nice mob (loot table and codex wise if i remember correctly)

Considering buying Adj Resto Healing chip for hunting?
The adj resto is a great tool. Start NOW and save all the items you need for it. Very nice feeling to pull what you need. If you have not started, check Mission Galactica for info) With a mod 2350 (personally i like this better) or a mod 2600 it really make a BIG difference.

If you have more questions, ask ask and ask!

Last edited:
IMO! there isnt much of a advice,the only thing matters is the bankroll.It decides what u going to do and with what kind of setup u will do it.
1 or 2 i can give as non uber ( avarage player ) to use weapons/ chips maxed.
Which type of weapon u gonna use it its mostly what u like the most.Everyone doing differently. Maybe the best is to start with melee since its the cheapest to go ( downside is with melee unl weapons no sharpnel usage so it breaks fast) but u get more hp and evade in the process ( probably u already knew it)
Try different type of mobs and make a spreadsheet for yourself to see what each mob drops.Try to find as much MU materials as u can for better returns and if bankroll allows it stack it and sell when MU goes up.

Adj resto IMO is a must.best and most eco healing tool out there for the budget.Ofc if u can afford ek 2350mod on top of it u wont need anything better in a long time.. i have both and there is no word to say how satisfied i am.ek 2600mod is a higher lvl and unless u wont grind big mobs no need for it,even ek 2350 mod will do it.
For adj resto materials:Longtooth drops bio ID,feffoid pit aswell and some robots but forgot which one..since u need 200x of those for galactica mission thats the expensive part.
For other mobs never got any..

IMO i would change Ghost armor because durability is crappy. Try find better replacement...
Still there is budget...

Cheers and welcome back!
Hopefully i helped a bit.

Last edited:
IMO i would change Ghost armor because durability is crappy. Try find better replacement...
Still there is budget...
Back in the day, the above statement was very true. Ghost had a very high decay because of the durability...

However, the way decay is calculated on armor (and durability) was completely overhauled.

In Modern Entropia (Loot 2.0) Armor decays based on the amount of damage resisted.

As you can see in the following formula, the durability plays a much less role in the decay calculations today.
Decay in pec = damage absorbed ((100,000 - durability)/100,000) x (0.05)

Ghost is perfectly fine

Looking at "Durability" on an armor today is not what it used to be.

All UL armors have practically the same Decay per pec today, around 21-23 IIRC, with a Mod2350 / Mod 2600 fap coming in with eco heals at 25 Heal per pec.

Since you also gain some of the armor decay back in the loot - Ghost is the absolute best protection for its cost that is available out in the game.

Source;

Decay is a simple formula of:

WARNING: Below information is OUT OF DATE! Update 15.15 changed all of this in mid 2017.

Since VU9.1 there's been quite an intensive spell of research into Armor. I'm going to try to summarise everything we know about armor into this one thread. Please post any corrections or omissions! If you have anything you'd like added, please ask!

Last edited:
Back in the day, the above statement was very true. Ghost had a very high decay because of the durability...

However, the way decay was calculated on armor (and durability) was completely overhauled.

In Modern Entropia (Loot 2.0) Armor decays based on the amount of damage resisted.

As you can see in the following formula, the durability plays a much less role in the decay calculations today.

Ghost is perfectly fine

Looking at "Durability" on an armor today is not what it used to be.

All UL armors have practically the same Decay per pec today, around 21-23 IIRC, with a Mod2350 / Mod 2600 fap coming in with eco heals at 25 Heal per pec.

Since you also gain some of the armor decay back in the loot - Ghost is the absolute best protection for its cost that is available out in the game.

Source;

Decay is a simple formula of:

WARNING: Below information is OUT OF DATE! Update 15.15 changed all of this in mid 2017.

Since VU9.1 there's been quite an intensive spell of research into Armor. I'm going to try to summarise everything we know about armor into this one thread. Please post any corrections or omissions! If you have anything you'd like added, please ask!

Thanks for the info,i have tryed to find more accurate informations related to armor decay but couldnt find any since nobody could tell for sure how much is included in returns.
Personally i used ghost for some time even Jarhead and if u are getting hit to often,repairs are crazy and i felt it on my returns which were way lower.Maybe " i should keep shooting and wait that hof to come where it should with my returns" but with limited budget need to squeeze as much as u can.
I am not saying your info is wrong,i just experienced it on my way.i use ghoul atm with 2600 dura and with full run on LT alpha until dante breaks i have avarage 18-19 peds of armor repair with 5b plates included.
Hopefully i can afford a bit better armor in the future.

Cheers

Thanks for the info,i have tryed to find more accurate informations related to armor decay but couldnt find any since nobody could tell for sure how much is included in returns.
Personally i used ghost for some time even Jarhead and if u are getting hit to often,repairs are crazy and i felt it on my returns which were way lower.Maybe " i should keep shooting and wait that hof to come where it should with my returns" but with limited budget need to squeeze as much as u can.
I am not saying your info is wrong,i just experienced it on my way.i use ghoul atm with 2600 dura and with full run on LT alpha until dante breaks i have avarage 18-19 peds of armor repair with 5b plates included.

Cheers
One way to reduce the armor decay is to increase evader level, another is to reduce the total absorb you have and replace it with some very eco healing - Adjusted Resto chip, or maybe a life steal ring / mayhem amp.

Increasing DPS also has a profound effect on your total cycle vs armor decay cost, since you kill stuff faster and they have less time to decay your armor.. this should not be taken for granted =)

I can't say how much of the armor decay is returned in loot, i noticed that it was around 70% when drowning/turreting mobs that has been hitting you, so i am sure it is higher when you actually kill stuff and loot them. I seriously doubt the armor decay is affected by "multis" though, but honestly I don't know :)

One way to reduce the armor decay is to increase evader level, another is to reduce the total absorb you have and replace it with some very eco healing - Adjusted Resto chip, or maybe a life steal ring / mayhem amp.

Increasing DPS also has a profound effect on your total cycle vs armor decay cost, since you kill stuff faster and they have less time to decay your armor.. this should not be taken for granted =)

I can't say how much of the armor decay is returned in loot, i noticed that it was around 70% when drowning/turreting mobs that has been hitting you, so i am sure it is higher when you actually kill stuff and loot them. I seriously doubt the armor decay is affected by "multis" though, but honestly I don't know :)
Thats why where my concern stands and why i advise that about the armor..
Nobody knows for sure and why lose those peds if u can just use a bit better dura armor and save those peds.I agree with evade and i hunt mobs 5-10levels in evader higher then the mob lvl.Still if mob have high hp like Lt does u will get hit few times here and there and repairs still need to be payed..

Would be nice to see some more thoughts or even a new thread with real accurate info from those who actually tryed or did calculations for armor decay.

Cheers
ghoul's pretty good

Last edited:
Back