Rig: Closed or Open?

plummer

Prowler
Society
Irken-Invaders
Super Plumber Mario
Just wondering, is the Rig usually closed or open? Also, is there anyway to find out its status without running all the way out there ( a big investment of time and effort for a player like me without a tp chip or the ability to kill any decent level mobs). I have only been there twice. Once was killed as soon as I was in sight. Other time Jimmy Chief and another player who's name escapes me let me come close an hang around. Would love to do it again but only if I can stay there for a while. Please respond with info if you know the real story.;)

closed! wall plz!

;)

rig is not always closed but i strongly recomend u get skilled up or it might be hard to live:)
n a gun.....

Thanks for the replies. Shadow Killer, is there any time or pattermn when it's likely to be opened?

Plummer. There are no set times the rig is "closed" MA do not open or close the rig. It is just an expression used when a group of players decide they are going to "hold" it for a while.

Either to be the only ones grabbing the oil, or just because they can and they want some PK fun. It has nothing to do with the rig itself.

So, you have to run there to see who is about. Sometimes the group of players there are all chatty and such, and sometimes there is a group there who are holding the rig for themselves. At times like these you have 3 options, go away, wait on the outskirts (if the let you) or try and claim the rig for yourself by killing them.

Always fun down there :)

Thanks for the info Ingwe. One more question. Is it usually closed or usually open?

Don't invade my home, r0xx0r !

Thanks for the info Ingwe. One more question. Is it usually closed or usually open?

It really depends who is about Plummer. Weekends are busier, so there are more players about whom would close it.

I don't go there that much, but in the last 10 or so times I have been there recently, is has been closed only once, chatty 4 times, had a go at closing it a couple of times (always fun :laugh::ahh:) and a couple of times it became closed after being chatty (bunch of green dots of death tp'd in)

closed! wall plz!

;)

Bruud, dont make me buy my stuff back and come back and open the rig for all the noobs again! :D

I have been there a few times, and I found the AOA's more of a danger than the people there. An AOA will just attack, and for most mid level players, an AOA is a death certificate in Green.

One day I will have the evade and the Hit ability to deal with an AOA, and then I will have to worry about green dots. As of now, the red dots are more than enough to keep me out unless I am wanted in, and protected, by those there.

Thanks for all the responses people.:)

i would love a "Rig Stats" sign on the EF HUD, much like the RCEUniverse has a server stats on theirs of EU and SL. people can put down who (team or soc) has closed the rig, and wether they're lookin for a fight or not. it would really integrate EU and EF closer together.

what do you think about this idea 711?

Bruud, dont make me buy my stuff back and come back and open the rig for all the noobs again! :D

lol Gavin didnt see u for a long time now.. what happend ?:scratch2:

i would love a "Rig Stats" sign on the EF HUD, much like the RCEUniverse has a server stats on theirs of EU and SL. people can put down who (team or soc) has closed the rig, and wether they're lookin for a fight or not. it would really integrate EU and EF closer together.

what do you think about this idea 711?

Great idea AndyZammy. Would make investment of time to get to rig much more worth it if we had an idea of what conditions would be like when we got there.

Just wondering, is the Rig usually closed or open? Also, is there anyway to find out its status without running all the way out there ( a big investment of time and effort for a player like me without a tp chip or the ability to kill any decent level mobs). I have only been there twice. Once was killed as soon as I was in sight. Other time Jimmy Chief and another player who's name escapes me let me come close an hang around. Would love to do it again but only if I can stay there for a while. Please respond with info if you know the real story.;)

yeh it is usualy closed mate

and the only way to know it's status is by making a 2nd avatar and getting it killed next to it and logg in with that to check the status
just don't call it genius that one is already taken

Uhmn.. The oil rig you are refering to are allways "open". It never closes. There might how ever be more or less hostile encounters there from time to time.

Thanks for the "friendly, helpful, welcoming" response, Elite.

Thanks for the tip t3h-plonker, although I would never consider doing something against the eula like that ;););)

I was wondering if someone could give me a more recent update, how often has the rig been closed or open lately, and are there specific times of day when it is more likely to be closed or open? Thanks a lot!:)

've been there a couple of times lately.
I was never closed... :D At least not for me.. :wtg:

The more you hang out @ the rig, on the wall or at the rig itself. You will learn to know the ppl over there which increases the chances of survival. ;)

IMO, the best time for a nub to have any chance of getting oil from the rig is between the hours of 3am and 6am MA time Mon, Tues, Wed, and Thurs. At this time, most of Europe (and also most ubers) are sound asleep. Avoid the rig on Friday nights and weekends as it will be usually closed.

Keep in mind if there is truly nobody at the rig during the suggested time, you'll then have trox to deal with. However, usually during this time a few mid-lvl players will be there who usually deal with the trox and "may" let you have a chance at oil depending on what mood they're in.

good luck ;)

However, usually during this time a few mid-lvl players will be there who usually deal with the trox and "may" let you have a chance at oil depending on what mood they're in.

good luck ;)

I'm in good mood usually, but don't know about Belza :D

Thanks for the help Nebu and "not nebu":).

So simply put, you have to go there to find out.
If you are big and bad enough to take on the regulars, it is probably open for you. (Good luck with that.)
If you get close enough to actually see the rig, it is probably open. (this doen't mean you get to hang around long, as the primary sport at the rig seems to be PK)
If you die before you get there, it is probably closed.

Last time I tried to go there, every time I got close enough to see the outer perimeter, Swaze cut me down. Let's just say I got bored with dying before he got bored with killing me.

It helps is you have 2 socmates who are 24/7 at the rig so you can give updates :)

Any rig regulars want to join my new society the "Rig Watchers"?
:yay:

Well I have been there almost 24/7. I do however use another strategy than most people who often can be referred to as so called "ass kissers". When saying I use another strategy that simply means I'm running to the rig and down to the rig no matter what. For me the rig is ALWAYS open and if someone has "closed" it they will try to kill me. And they will kill me, but while trying to do so I run close up and in circles to avoid hits, which result in waste of ammo on their side.

I don't like standing on the side lines praising everything they do and laugh when they kill a newbie, I prefer to go right into the action and have no respect for those groups whatsoever..

Back