Question: Right Job for Graduation?

endermigne

Elite
Society
The White Dots
ender endermigne migne
Let's say I'm level nine Laser Sniper and a noob in healing, crafting and mining. Once I again I was asked to be a disciple so I finally took the opportunity.

Reading the info-screen about mentoring the important skills that count for the progress are Anatomy, Geology and Engineering.

What should I do to graduate as economic as possible? Does it help to keep hunting because I have skills there or is it better to do something that I have no skills in? Do those three skills pretty much come at the same pace or is that somewhat related to my type of playing or overall skills as lined out above?

the most economic way would be crafting the cheapest stuff on monria for the daily. ideally something with stuff worth less than 1 pec as ingredient. with lvl 1 explo bp you lost approx 3-5 peds on average per run including the skill you get which means approx 30-50 peds cost

My oppinion is that you worry 2 much... just play the game

Thats like the whole idea of graduation... graduate fast or cheap or whatever makes no sence if u get nothing out of it.

But if you like to test ur patience and be super economical go SWUNT:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

My mentor gave me a Lesser Elysia Blueprint, which needs Lysterium and Sweat. I crafted like 20 times and the outcome wasn't that awesome ;) I guess the blueprint is not the problem, it's rather me... ;)

I know that I shouldn't care too much, but I don't want to be a disciple for too long. I'm not wasting PEDs that often anyway, so everything would be quite delayed if I start doing the wrong thing for this mentoring thing.

Few cheapskate options:
  • fapping for decay can theoretically make you graduate for free (provided that no clients fail to pay). Just that these days you'd spend 99% of time looking for those few who want being fapped with low level tools.
  • low-level mining can still be profitable (if you have the bankroll and knowledge of areas) but will take a long time to graduate.
  • or you can go to Toulan and hunt tabtab (200 tabtab repeatable = 0.10 PED anatomy reward). They don't drop hides anymore but still drop basic leather extractors.

You joined PCF 2006 but you´re only a lvl 9 Laser Sniper? :scratch2: Secod Ava? :scratch2:

Imoa, the fastest and cheapest way is: Get a Gun and do Missions. Do all Puny missions. You get Skills and as Reward additional Skills :wtg:

Let's say I'm level nine Laser Sniper and a noob in healing,...

..., but I don't want to be a disciple for too long. ...

joined 2006 and you worry about being a disciple for to long?

:rolleyes:

to late to worry about theat now mate.

Just do your thing, it will happen by itself ;)

Geez, you people are weird ;)

I wasn't playing for seven years or so (just check my posts here) and even when I was playing I tried to be as PED-positive as possible. I'm still not rich and still have to go to work IRL 'n stuff... :silly2: I don't know if it'd make me happy to invest 1k PED now to graduate.

Q: So why did I take a mentor when all of this worries me that much now?
A: Well, it's just another thing EU has to offer and I decided to pick it up. On the other hand I had no idea what it'd actually take to graduate one day.

The reason why I'm asking is that I don't want it to take that awfully long and I don't know if my mentor keeps playing that long. Or I don't even know if that matters anything...

Geez, you people are weird ;)

I wasn't playing for seven years or so (just check my posts here) and even when I was playing I tried to be as PED-positive as possible. I'm still not rich and still have to go to work IRL 'n stuff... :silly2: I don't know if it'd make me happy to invest 1k PED now to graduate.

Q: So why did I take a mentor when all of this worries me that much now?
A: Well, it's just another thing EU has to offer and I decided to pick it up. On the other hand I had no idea what it'd actually take to graduate one day.

The reason why I'm asking is that I don't want it to take that awfully long and I don't know if my mentor keeps playing that long. Or I don't even know if that matters anything...

yes, us entropians ARE a bit weird. Otherwise we wouldnt be here in the first place ;)

Well, let me tell you how I did it.
I never had a mentor when I started, nor did I ever graduate.
Untill recently. We had a soc chat and we spoke about mentors and I decided to finally do a graduation myself (after 13 years). Since I'm dutch and I like free stuff :tongue2:

So I combined my graduation with the pleak mission on cyrene (gather 10k wings for +1 stamina).
It took me around 40 hours of shooting pleaks (10hp mob), with a fenris assault shotgun and I think it costed me around 100 ped (even less if I count the MU on the wings) to graduate.

So, dont worry, it wont cost you 1k at all!

Mine was just one way of doing it, but many other cheap ways of achieving it.

G'luck mate!

Just find anyone and get them to do the "team hunt" part...thats all you need them for, every thing else can be done by yourself. Some people won't do that until you are mostly through your mentorship....those people either want to instill some knowledge on you or want to hold it hostage so that you do something for them instead of starting all over. Just be up front at the start to say you just want to graduate for the armor, etc and you will find someone who will do it and just leave you alone.

After that, quickest way is the monria daily craft...14 days of daily crafting should get you to graduate (plus one team hunt loot and 1 mining claim). Best BP to use is sheet metal if you want something that sells (provided you can get materials cheap, they do flucuate a bit from 101%-110% on auction.....you will also need to TP to Caly though for 7 ped to sell the sheet metal), otherwise just use EPI or EPII and kiss some peds goodbye.

Edit: EPI on quantity, will cost you 30-35ped per day and you will receive about 20-25ped back.
It will take you around 1.5-2hours per day.

People say dont do EPI on quantity and i agree in most cases...but if you want to graduate quickly without spending hours crafting and you don't care about the small loss, then its perfect.

Just find anyone and get them to do the "team hunt" part...thats all you need them for, every thing else can be done by yourself. Some people won't do that until you are mostly through your mentorship....those people either want to instill some knowledge on you or want to hold it hostage so that you do something for them instead of starting all over. Just be up front at the start to say you just want to graduate for the armor, etc and you will find someone who will do it and just leave you alone.

We unlocked those three right away. So basically I can do "pretty much what I want".

Back