RIP BatSim

tyrionnn

Provider
Society
AO
Blast from the not too distant past. Back when MA was introducing and trying to improve on new content.

Please consider subscribing on YouTube

Thanks
Imp

Part Two

Part One

Yeah too bad they removed it, I liked that instance and the guns that I got from there.

im going to guess it's because rocket launchers are bugged and dont do damage 10% of the time. right now i can shoot with rocket and my projectile flies through mobs or will have HIT animation but no damage done and this has been an issue since they changed to the current aim mode like 2 years ago? yes rockets been bugged like 2 years and nobody there cares to fix it.

From what i saw , a different of group of players dominated than what dominate in the DPS , DPP crowd.

I don't see why this is a problem that needed "correcting".

A simulator within a simulator... It was always a bit of a mystery what the motivation was for introducing BatSim, they never explained themselves. My guess is that it was a testbed for the new interaction interface. When that was done, BatSim had outlived its usefulness. If I'm not entirely wrong with this assumption, only the very few who consistently topped its ranks will miss it. I think it was very well done technically, but didn't like its money redistribution scheme.

They could have easily kept the batsim, but remove the timecontest part where players would hack and cheat their way through it, so the batsim prices would still exist.

Can i ask why the have remove it?
Apparently, one or more players have found a way to exploit it, I remember a thread where a guy tried to sell a video of how he gets it done so fast for an insane amount of PED, those who did not know about the exploit could not complete it that fast, it was not possible to get it done that quickly without there being something like an exploit involved. Batsim was removed shortly after that thread was made, dunno why they didn't fix it instead of removing it completely.

Back