Suggestion: Robot beacon improvement's

Hego Damask

Stalker
Society
Victory
Hego Damask II
Greeting's.

I love robot beacon instance's, but it have some issues.

Most important in my eye:
Lot of robots during the beacon, but no loot, no reclaiming skills for the kills.
Would be great if we could receive the looter skill's for example when opening the loot containers at the end.

Also issue, but not sure if it is intended or not:
Instance still using old loot system, loot based on dmg, not on cost at the end.
Is it intented to still work like this after shared mob's 2.0, or these instance's were just forgotten when shared mob's loot update happend?

Beacons also only return 85% of tt spent on average. They have been broken since loot 2.0 came and MA does not care.

Not sure if this is relevant to this thread, but I'm trying to obtain Karona's Velocity Jumpsuit, I go do the instance like once a week or once per 2 weeks, must have completed it at least 8 times already. If I remember correctly, the instance is identical to the first robot beacon. Yesterday I was doing it, and at the beginning there was a message that said that I'm in luck and the loot is increased, but when I completed the instance I got the same ~85% returns I got there every other time. Seems like you get 85% in there and that's it, I'm also supposed to find the egg, no luck so far.

Not sure if this is relevant to this thread, but I'm trying to obtain Karona's Velocity Jumpsuit, I go do the instance like once a week or once per 2 weeks, must have completed it at least 8 times already. If I remember correctly, the instance is identical to the first robot beacon. Yesterday I was doing it, and at the beginning there was a message that said that I'm in luck and the loot is increased, but when I completed the instance I got the same ~85% returns I got there every other time. Seems like you get 85% in there and that's it, I'm also supposed to find the egg, no luck so far.

This is correct. When you got that message prior to loot 2.0 you would get a multiplier and profit on tt, just like getting a mini or global hunting. But since loot 2.0 that feature has been broken and you only get tt losses. I have submitted 6 support cases over the past 3 years but mindark is useless and does not fix it.

It is rare, we used to do 10 beacon's day's, next one is close, cant wait for it.
So as i remember the last 2 times, it was 1-1 / 10-10 run's.

I remember the last 2:

First one after halloween mayhem was nothing, like + some ped, that easily can caused by some plus decay, a few less crit we did compared to last run.
The second time we forgot to compare because we looted the Lion Shin there and was too busy to be happy about it, most probably coincidence. We looted 2 Lion part at Halloween and not any of them was from the improved loot one.

So not really care about those improved loot things.
The small beacon's are fun, and with the MU you get the loot also ok.

I cant tell you about the bigger one's, im noob so we stay with lower beacons yet.

On small beacons you don't notice the tt loss as they're 100 or 200 PED to run, so 15 or 30 PED on those, easily made up with by strongbox and lion markup. However on a 42 you get same amount of strongboxes even though they cost 24 times as much to run and the tt loss is also 24 times as large..

At december, last year, they said it will be shortly rebalanced and later restored to full glory, it will be done as they said it, you dont need to remind them every year.

• Hi Hijacker27. Our short-term plan is to rebalance the Beacon missions to better fit with other aspects of the universe and economy. Our longer-term goal is to restore Beacon missions to their former glory as a special part of the unique Calypso lore.
- Justin Sorell

At december, last year, they said it will be shortly rebalanced and later restored to full glory, it will be done as they said it, you dont need to remind them every year.
I mean its been a whole year, but if MA can make beacons great again sometime before the heat death of the universe I'll be happy

I mean its been a whole year, but if MA can make beacons great again sometime before the heat death of the universe I'll be happy
You've been around long enough to know MA's track record with fixing "depreciated projects'.

Or, to put it another way, MA always looks forward, NEVER looks back.

You've been around long enough to know MA's track record with fixing "depreciated projects'.

Or, to put it another way, MA always looks forward, NEVER looks back.
Except when we're talking about TEN that is..

Beacons were so much better before VU10. I wish they brought that back. The way its now is just boring and stupid :)

Back