Question: ROCKtropia - any way to actually home my avatar there?

• Thread starter Deleted member 69849
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 69849

Hello,

So I tried ROCKtropia for the first time a couple weeks ago and absolutely had a blast. I know RT is by no means the most popular planet and has its share of problems, but for me the fun factor over there beats the other planets.

I have started some mission chains and things were going well for me...until came time to sell my loot. There just isn't a market for...anything it seems.

I want to ask ROCKtropia players, how do you actually sell your loot? Auctions? Most of what I loot has no recent auction history. (City Wolves, Wolves, and Zombies loot, mainly)

Or is it just a lost cause and I should focus on Calypso?

Really looking for some tips from some old-school ROCKtropia players, I really really like that planet and wish I could stay there for the long run...but as it stands I cannot justify it.

Cheers,
AVF

Zombie blood sells pretty good as well

Only a few things sell on Rock. Vixen Gears, a couple other vixen parts, and the grindhouse stuff from the wolves. And a few odds and ends on bigger mobs.

Most mission chains go no where in this game and especially on RT.

Advice: Go to any other planet.
Thanks for the information Draniie, much appreciated. Now, I would like to find a home that is not Calypso. I love Calypso's market as its easier to sell stuff there but thats about it... i find the missions and overall planet feel boring and most other planets seem more fun to me.

I am currently on Next Island, well Ancient Greece really, but kind of wanted to explore NI a bit. Is it still actively developped? Is there a market there or are auctions going to expire every time like they do on RT? :p

Thanks for any info thrown my way :)

Thanks for the information Draniie, much appreciated. Now, I would like to find a home that is not Calypso. I love Calypso's market as its easier to sell stuff there but thats about it... i find the missions and overall planet feel boring and most other planets seem more fun to me.

I am currently on Next Island, well Ancient Greece really, but kind of wanted to explore NI a bit. Is it still actively developped? Is there a market there or are auctions going to expire every time like they do on RT? :p

Thanks for any info thrown my way :)
Put stuff on NI auction, ancient greece auc is seperate and barely any1 looks there.

NI is active, daily missions are almost self- sustaining and there is MU on some specific missions.
local garbage with nanocube revamp is not bad at all because can be converted so all crystals are at least 101%
i you go for a low level daily grind i think you can extract enough MU to float
there are daily missions for about 3 hours hunting per day of monster level 1...8 so pretty enough to have a nice shotout

i like what im reading :) i am on AG only for tree cutting but did get a refill pack of ammo and i was thinking of shooting some boars to hopefully get some incision plates. will try it tonight and report back if/when stuff sells on NI's auction :) already have a bunch of wood to sell over there if anyone's interested :p

alternative ingots are also used in welding wire bp's, maybe a couple of other things

but yes, most of the hunting loot is not practically auctionable. a lot of the items you can craft with it obsolete, and it's hard to cycle it through a market. that being said there are some really cool items that come from RT.

I wish rocktropia, Arkadia and Cyrene die in URE5 updated. All the players on that planet should be transported to Calypso after these planets die.

I wish rocktropia, Arkadia and Cyrene die in URE5 updated. All the players on that planet should be transported to Calypso after these planets die.
i wonder whre this hate comes from
Arkadia is a miner paradise, it is TIER component main source alongside with Pulsar plates and Terra amps IFN Arkoin armor is not bad at all and has a very convenient price, alongside the plasma rifle.
Cyrene is the source of Six4, HK ozpyn, zorra hk neff stim pack and HEART FAP that is a must for everyone. it has really nice taming dailies and also skilling mosnters (vortex and fleshrippers ahve very ncie hp/level ratio). besides that daily summoners quest ahve nice rewards.
Calypso has MF Chhips in loot pool
(many more reasons)

Cyrene has some nice markup items such as tail tip from paneleon, essence from rift etc. Latest craze it seems is the new mission on Cyrene, 2-3 months ago rift was hot, now next ccraze is tnew pet mission. Just gotta look in globals and see what people are up to. Find some people in twitch that you can maybe learn from where's the markup.

And if you choose to do Rift quest you ccan take coat to maximize your potential value for sal. Etc.

Rocktropia is my favorite planet to take sweat I don't see why you could not make a home there?

Just because you don't like those planets is no reason to eliminate them. I love RT. I rarely leave and only for short periods of time. I like the codex and missions on Caly, but it is too crowded for my liking. I don't even go there for mayhem, eomon, nor Christmas presents. I haven't even bothered to fly there yet for the TWEN mask. You can keep Caly. I will happily continue killing zombies, vixen, thieves and wolves on RT.

How well you can do on RT selling items can depend a lot on bank roll. Zombie blood is good. I have also sold the Rudolf records and zombie flesh on occasion. The vinyls from the wolves used to sell a lot. It seems to have slowed down but sometimes a buyer comes along.

If you have a small bank roll, take advantage of sweating, collecting oil from two different locations and beer at moterhead stadium. These activities are free. There are several locations to harvest trees too.

Make sure you have RT chat and trade turned on. A lot of sales happen outside of the auction. Watch the orders on auction. Sometimes things other than mining resources will be listed. I put 50 PED of Rocktropia Records on the auction yesterday and they already sold at 114%. They were only going for 105% over the spring so I put them in storage and waited for them to come back up to 110%.

If you are hunting zombies, vixen or in New Harlem, do the AI daily mission. You can get a pistol (I don't bother using), a PED of ammo (not much but a PED is a PED) and a gift card for another 2 PED.

If you go to New Harlem, you can also go to a bar there where the bar tender has a mission to kill 20 thugs/thieves that will pay 2 gold coins. The mission can be done every hour.

How well you can do on RT selling items can depend a lot on bank roll. Zombie blood is good. I have also sold the Rudolf records and zombie flesh on occasion. The vinyls from the wolves used to sell a lot. It seems to have slowed down but sometimes a buyer comes along.

If you have a small bank roll, take advantage of sweating, collecting oil from two different locations and beer at moterhead stadium. These activities are free. There are several locations to harvest trees too.

Make sure you have RT chat and trade turned on. A lot of sales happen outside of the auction. Watch the orders on auction. Sometimes things other than mining resources will be listed. I put 50 PED of Rocktropia Records on the auction yesterday and they already sold at 114%. They were only going for 105% over the spring so I put them in storage and waited for them to come back up to 110%.

If you are hunting zombies, vixen or in New Harlem, do the AI daily mission. You can get a pistol (I don't bother using), a PED of ammo (not much but a PED is a PED) and a gift card for another 2 PED.

If you go to New Harlem, you can also go to a bar there where the bar tender has a mission to kill 20 thugs/thieves that will pay 2 gold coins. The mission can be done every hour.
this helps a lot, thank you so much!

You can get an intuition for how liquid each planet's market is by looking at the number of auction pages it has relative to other planets. A common trap is to consider only how much markup something has and not how much of it you can sell at that markup, but both are important. I am willing to buy Vibrant Sweat for 10000 PED/K, but only 0K of it.

You can get an intuition for how liquid each planet's market is by looking at the number of auction pages it has relative to other planets. A common trap is to consider only how much markup something has and not how much of it you can sell at that markup, but both are important. I am willing to buy Vibrant Sweat for 10000 PED/K, but only 0K of it.
RT auction can be misleading as there is a large grey market with some very well, constantly restocked shops who buy everything direct from players ( not via auction ) often selling mats, gear, etc under MU - just a shame about the lack of codex on some ( not all ) rt mobs and broken missions but fixes are on the way.

Last edited:
RT auction can be misleading as there is a large grey market with some very well, constantly restocked shops who buy everything direct from players ( not via auction ) often selling mats, gear, etc under MU - just a shame about the lack of codex on some ( not all ) rt mobs and broken missions but fixes are on the way.
Sure, the auction page intuition is just a first-order approximation.

As for Codex, my prediction would be that folks interested in "loot favorability" (some measure of the balance of markup and liquidity in loot) should be dreading its implementation. Not only would I expect loot favorability to worsen to compensate for the skill bonuses, but in my experience, a lot of hunters seem to treat non-Codex dogmatically as a deal-breaker rather than just one cost to weight into a broader optimization problem, and so I would expect loot favorability market corrections of larger magnitude than would otherwise account for the extra utility granted by the skill bonuses.

Sure, the auction page intuition is just a first-order approximation.

As for Codex, my prediction would be that folks interested in "loot favorability" (some measure of the balance of markup and liquidity in loot) should be dreading its implementation. Not only would I expect loot favorability to worsen to compensate for the skill bonuses, but in my experience, a lot of hunters seem to treat non-Codex dogmatically as a deal-breaker rather than just one cost to weight into a broader optimization problem, and so I would expect loot favorability market corrections of larger magnitude than would otherwise account for the extra utility granted by the skill bonuses.
I read this and think of molisk teeth.. Long ago 800% mu was very common and steady. The iron mission for them came out and the mu fell into the toilet.

I agree with you. There may not be codex for RT mobs, but the kill bonuses on the small mobs does a lot for progress considering how little ped it takes to kill thousands of them. I could use bigger weapons that may skill faster, but would lose the slow but steady profit I get from hunting small.

though accurate and true, temporal discount bias says no 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Back