Save POI on the map

peewee

Dominant
Society
NBK Army
Lucy Minera Zalvatori
One thing to the wishlist...
I would LOVE to save POI (points of interest) to the Map, and being able to look at them again after logout/login.

It would be very convenient to have this feature on the map itself, but until then you can use the Notes feature in the Message Center to keep your waypoint links, even with comments.

I second this def.

It would be very convenient to have this feature on the map itself, but until then you can use the Notes feature in the Message Center to keep your waypoint links, even with comments.
Yeah this is a very useful feature of the user notes, a few improvements can be made like being able to sort them by date or by alphabet and search for a particular note/text, then it will highlight it and you can drag it out or copy directly from message center.

I do like the idea of the OP too, but that would require a whole new UI for map. My idea is something they can do with minimal effort and time.

Vote on this one as myself felt the need for it, mainly because my memory and laziness to write down the locations of some creatures forces me to always ask or "alt+enter" and goto entropedia to check the creature location and hope that it's correct.

Though will add a few more things to make it, i think, more usefull:
-> Set type of POI: customizable type and some preset, as in, creature, place, resource, etc...
-> Specify color or the mark of it on map;
-> Allow the POI to be hidden or shown in map;
-> Have list of POIs similar to TP's on the side of the map, and also ordered by name.

Regards

Great idea. I would also like the possibility to add personal cathegories to the POIs.
Maybe differant colors for differant kind of POIs.

agreed, would love this

I would like this as well.

I am currently stuck making screenshots and edit a note to it in paint to remember specific hunting or mining locations.

My solution:

Step 1:
Open Message Center

This can be done by clicking the blue icon near the top left corner
or by pressing a costumized icon or action key to create this
Press L (default to get Edit Panel)
Press Y (default to get Action Library)
Search for Message Center
drag the Message Center to the screen.
(If you also need a action key)
Press G (default to get Keyboard Map)
and drag the Message Center icon to the desired key.

Step 2:
Create a new Sticky Note

This action is made by clicking on the top left corner of the Message Center window (with a left click it show the options: Mail and Sticky Note

Step 3:
Put the information that you want to save in it

For example:
Open chat and write:
/pos
this will get you a link for your current position

then from chat Copy Waypoint Link

Go to the sticky note in which you want to save this information
and paste it (right click in the note field or Ctrl+V)

Put a small description/meaning on why this coordinate was saved

It is useful that the first lines of the Sticky Note to contain a description of what it contains

You can also costumize the color of the note (option for it is next to delete it on the top left corner)

Step 4:
Minimize (top right corner of the Sticky Note)
So that it doesn't occupy screen space

Step 5:
Reopen the Sticky Note to read it or add new informations
(Open Message Center and choose the sticky note that interests you, the first lines that you made to describe its contents will help you with this).
It also helps to Toggle so that only:
viewing of costume notes is active
(Globals and auction will create many lines and make reading of old notes hard to achieve)

This way you can save thousands of waypoints with a detailed description of their meaning.

(To put the waypoints back to Map just right click on them and select: add waypoint)

My solution:

Step 1:
Open Message Center

This can be done by clicking the blue icon near the top left corner
or by pressing a costumized icon or action key to create this
Press L (default to get Edit Panel)
Press Y (default to get Action Library)
Search for Message Center
drag the Message Center to the screen.
(If you also need a action key)
Press G (default to get Keyboard Map)
and drag the Message Center icon to the desired key.

Step 2:
Create a new Sticky Note

This action is made by clicking on the top left corner of the Message Center window (with a left click it show the options: Mail and Sticky Note

Step 3:
Put the information that you want to save in it

For example:
Open chat and write:
/pos
this will get you a link for your current position

then from chat Copy Waypoint Link

Go to the sticky note in which you want to save this information
and paste it (right click in the note field or Ctrl+V)

Put a small description/meaning on why this coordinate was saved

It is useful that the first lines of the Sticky Note to contain a description of what it contains

You can also costumize the color of the note (option for it is next to delete it on the top left corner)

Step 4:
Minimize (top right corner of the Sticky Note)
So that it doesn't occupy screen space

Step 5:
Reopen the Sticky Note to read it or add new informations
(Open Message Center and choose the sticky note that interests you, the first lines that you made to describe its contents will help you with this).
It also helps to Toggle so that only:
viewing of costume notes is active
(Globals and auction will create many lines and make reading of old notes hard to achieve)

This way you can save thousands of waypoints with a detailed description of their meaning.

(To put the waypoints back to Map just right click on them and select: add waypoint)

Althought that's an alternative, it's not pratical nor user friendly.

Specially when compared to what is being proposed here, something like:
-> Right click on map;
-> Select option "Create POI";
-> Enter details;
-> Et voila e simple steps and you have what you need.

Back