screen shot blues

Merl

Old
Society
Phoenix Omega
Merlin Lancelot
Due to circumstances beyone my control, I recently had to buy a new a computer that came preloaded with Vista. I can't really go back and load XP because of a proprietary work program that is written with Vista in mind. I do not want the whole hassle of setting up a dual boot system, so I am currently suffering through the relog when you die syndrome of EU because I prefer to play with sound on.
My issue though is that since going to Vista, I can not take screenshots. I have tried numerous programs including PEass, autoscreen, paintshop pro, screenprint and others. All programs take fine screenshots of every program, just not EU when it is running. All my screenshots of EU come out totally white. Does any one have any clues as to what to do?

Thanks

Well printscreen would still be good option then paste into paint of something else. Though nowadays of course that's not the best idea, mostly with entropia.

If you havent, try fraps. takes screenshot, dedicated to mainly games so work. And i think it does have windows vista fully capable now.
fraps

Or try gamecam. That should work nicely.

Try a search on google for more. Might take some download till you get one that works.

Well printscreen would still be good option then paste into paint of something else. Though nowadays of course that's not the best idea, mostly with entropia.

I run EU in window mode and use that method. Kinda stupid, but
makes me feel like i'm running Windows 95 again

:D

Try setting the compatibility mode to Windows 2000 or even XP. Go to the properties (right click -> properties) of the Entropia shortcut that it creates on the desktop. Check under the compatibility tab there is an option to set the windows mode.

Had to perform a similar feat to get NRF to work correctly.

this might have been sayed by others:

i have vista , and you only have to turn off the music sounds and not the effects ( i did that anyway the music ingame is shite).

and pe-ass works and freps , you just got to make shure you set up the right admin rights to the programs .

Due to circumstances beyone my control, I recently had to buy a new a computer that came preloaded with Vista. I can't really go back and load XP because of a proprietary work program that is written with Vista in mind. I do not want the whole hassle of setting up a dual boot system, so I am currently suffering through the relog when you die syndrome of EU because I prefer to play with sound on.
My issue though is that since going to Vista, I can not take screenshots. I have tried numerous programs including PEass, autoscreen, paintshop pro, screenprint and others. All programs take fine screenshots of every program, just not EU when it is running. All my screenshots of EU come out totally white. Does any one have any clues as to what to do?

Thanks

I run vista and dont have any issues with the sound and CTD - I think its down to running it in window mode, which does also rectify the print screen problem - if you can bear to run in window mode until we get a VU with vista compatability it should solve the problem ;)

anyone know why i can't use my "print screen" button? it works fine if i am not in eu... i am runnign EU windowed (1680x1050) but it just simplet wont work with nay program i've tried.

i've even tried other key combos, its like i'm not allowed to take screenies anymore. except its only with eu running.

=/

Back