Question: Selling a shop with items in it still

lethal

Prowler
lethal jewgirl saint
If I sell a shop deed, will it automatically transfer ownership of items in the shop to the new owner, do they get sent to my inventory, or does something else happen?

i wonder too but i think you wont be able to sale it if it got items inside

You can sell it with items but none can be on sale, just placed.

Best to remove all items before sale. But if including say furniture in sale price then that can be left there. All items in shop transfer with the shop, but new owner will need to reprice once claims deed, even if they show as priced

Not sure what happens with auction. But P2P you can sell a shop deed and the current shop inventory will remain in the shop, and remain the property of the shop terminal operator, not the deed holder.
The new owner does not gain ownership of the shop items.

when you sell the deed by whatever method all the items remain in the shop and still belong to you. You an place new items in shop, pick up items etc. However, when the new deed holder claims the estate from from the estate terminal all items in the shop will belong to them and stay inside the shop. They an pick up any items and place new items etc.

There can be a problem when someone tries to claim the estate and there is a non-tradeable item in the shop. In this case the deed holder will not be able to claim the estate. Although I am not 100% certain about this scenario as it may have changed and my memory is not that good.

There can be a problem when someone tries to claim the estate and there is a non-tradeable item in the shop. In this case the deed holder will not be able to claim the estate. Although I am not 100% certain about this scenario as it may have changed and my memory is not that good.
Still a problem. A buyer should make sure the shop is empty of non tradable items before purchasing, especially if they want to use it.
They will have to contact the terminal user and get them to remove the item manually, or try and get mindark involved.

Yes, all items in the shop will now belong to the new owner once they claim the Estate at the Estate terminal. However if there is a soul-bound or non-tradeable item inside, they won't be able to claim the Estate, talk to morey kenbi, he knows all about that ;)

i wonder too but i think you wont be able to sale it if it got items inside
That's what I assumed too, then I listed it and just left like 30 things in it to see what would happen and it let me put it on auction.

Best to remove all items before sale. But if including say furniture in sale price then that can be left there. All items in shop transfer with the shop, but new owner will need to reprice once claims deed, even if they show as priced
Thanks, that's cool that items can be transferred with the deed.

when you sell the deed by whatever method all the items remain in the shop and still belong to you. You an place new items in shop, pick up items etc. However, when the new deed holder claims the estate from from the estate terminal all items in the shop will belong to them and stay inside the shop. They an pick up any items and place new items etc.

I'm surprised I've never heard of someone trying to exploit this tbh lol

People use the non tradeable thing deliberately sometimes to prevent/obstruct the new deed holder from claiming the estate. Sometimes people just leave such item by mistake.

It’s exploited all the time. Most shop tenants will place an untradable items as a protection against eviction by the owner. I think most that do this are just trying to prevent accidents from costing them an entire day or sos work reworking their shop, as opposed to not trusting the landlord, but still.

Back