News: Server Downtime for Patch

i smell rdi update along with modified backpack and beyond.
its time.
This is absolutely a useless waste of resources to build out content for 5 players.

It would be infinitely better to be developing content for new players with the incoming expectation that there will be new signups with UE5.

Your level of player should be the last thing on their mind, you'll continue to grind providing the rake to pay the bills even if they forgot about endgame content for the next 10 years.

this can only be one thing, mayhem vendor refill, thank you MA!!! :D

This is absolutely a useless waste of resources to build out content for 5 players.
The content is for every one playing the game.Just because 5 players CHOOSE to farm it its because you can't bot inside and because its cool.
Go make friends and get inside, I know its hard but you can do it.

It would be infinitely better to be developing content for new players with the incoming expectation that there will be new signups with UE5.
YES, more content that people will outgrow in first week/month of play and less content for endgame, so there will be nothing to look forward and work towards, definitely the way to keep people in game for years... :D

YES, more content that people will outgrow in first week/month of play and less content for endgame, so there will be nothing to look forward and work towards, definitely the way to keep people in game for years... :D
Creating content for new players doesn't mean it has to be limited by level. There's a lot of untapped mechanics that could be used to incorporate new players into the fold. For example, the mentor and society systems could easily be revamped to and content created around these systems to help engage new players.

Forwarding endgame content does nothing to increase population, which is the number one issue Entropia faces. None of the new players will stick around long enough to chase that carrot.

Leave the top end of the rung at the level it currently occupies. Add more rungs or maybe some competing ladders.

Your level of player should be the last thing on their mind, you'll continue to grind providing the rake to pay the bills even if they forgot about endgame content for the next 10 years.

Exaggerating as usual! More like 2 players. Maby they could club together and send mindark 250,000ped each to fund development?

Atleast they would have the oppertunity to grow with some decent beginner content? Usually new players pack it in before they are even 20% into mentoring.....

I dare to put myself in the category you are talking about - And I actually do believe we are quite a bit more than 5 players :)

But it's untrue to say that some things are just for "us" - Even though we might achieve some goals earlier, dosn't exclude everyone else.
There is quite alot of goals for lower levels, but goals get further and further appart as your grow stronger - So something like the RDI backpack (Which by the way takes way more time that it does uberness) is absolutely needed in the game.

Atleast they would have the oppertunity to grow with some decent beginner content? Usually new players pack it in before they are even 20% into mentoring.....
There is a lot of new player content in game already, mostly done by PP, check Toulan, Cyrene and other new player friendly places, lots of rewards and stuff to keep new players occupied with very little cost to play.

There is a lot of new player content in game already, mostly done by PP, check Toulan, Cyrene and other new player friendly places, lots of rewards and stuff to keep new players occupied with very little cost to play.
Yeah although the majority start on calypso and there lies the problem. Caly is absolutely terrible for new players :(

Patch notes for patch 18.1.3:
  • Fixed the lighting in your mom's basement.
  • Added more cocaine into the diet of several hamsters in order to reduce load lag.
  • In effort to entice more players to use weapons, weapon decay has been removed.
:p :p

Might as well let avatars have sex, make baby avatar pets, get married, get divorced, and then fight over custody of the baby avatar pets. Would make things a million times more entertaining than they are now.

Yeah although the majority start on calypso and there lies the problem. Caly is absolutely terrible for new players :(
I agree here.
That's why mentorship is important, mentor has to be able to point the new player to content that belongs to him and is good for him, same as my mentor did with me 4 years ago when I started and I must say, back then, there was very little new player content in game compared to what is available nowadays.

Exaggerating as usual! More like 2 players. Maby they could club together and send mindark 250,000ped each to fund development?

Salty much? I mean, there is content for new players on Caly:
1. Mentoring
2. Wave events
3. UL weapon missions
4. Plenty of mobs with MU that are not hard to kill
5. In the end, this game is not exactly made with idea of holding your hand all the time you play

On the other hand, it's kinda suspicious that people who are probably lvl 200 (and maybe I'm underestimating here) are so concerned for new player missions.

:tux:

Why 5 players? Where did you get that number from? There are 4 backpacks in game and a few doezen players working for theirs. It's not the kind of content that is boring, it's the kind of content that should motivate serious and dedicated players.
To farm 500 contracts yourself you need to do dailies where you cycle roughly 700k ped and you can get 2 a day so you have to wait 250 days until you can have it. How can you not incentivise the kind of players that are ready to jump full force on such resource demanding missions? How can you not try to incentivise others to come at the same level? It's kinda what MA did in the recent years anyway, they looked at the top 5 players players and found a way to incentivise and make it easy for anyone to shoot as much or even more than these top players. Now MA has to find how to close the gap of activity between Mayhem and off Mayhem. This would be one of the ways, much more powerful RDI backpacks :)

Salty much? I mean, there is content for new players on Caly:
1. Mentoring
2. Wave events
3. UL weapon missions
4. Plenty of mobs with MU that are not hard to kill
5. In the end, this game is not exactly made with idea of holding your hand all the time you play

On the other hand, it's kinda suspicious that people who are probably lvl 200 (and maybe I'm underestimating here) are so concerned for new player missions.

:tux:
No salt. Just messing about lol.

Personally I love RDI, I'd love to see it expanded. Heaps of fun.

So here is my take.....
Maby the game needs to hold hand a bit more and explain the systems and run tutorials etc
Most common things I hear is it's too hard, boring or they run out of ammo within 2 mins of finishing the start area and give up. You can't expect people to instantly want to throw in real money when they can't even see what the point is.
If mindark wanted new players to stay, they would do what needs done but they choose not to.

I don't understand the problem. There is loads of great content for all levels (even a crappy mid-level like me) and much of it is aspirational, requiring you to think of how to progress well.

For example, I'm grinding towards crafting the new Spina armour (collecting 1000s of carapaces). I wouldn't be able to do that if it weren't for those "5 players" who took me through the Spina Queen endgame so I could get the prints. I'm now trying to find ways to hunt the spina soldiers efficiently and it's pointing me towards MF (considering I'm a crappy mid-level player) as the cheapest option, so I'm gaining new skills

There are plenty of ways of playing to make it interesting, it just requires you to think laterally :)

No salt. Just messing about lol.

Personally I love RDI, I'd love to see it expanded. Heaps of fun.

So here is my take.....
Maby the game needs to hold hand a bit more and explain the systems and run tutorials etc
Most common things I hear is it's too hard, boring or they run out of ammo within 2 mins of finishing the start area and give up. You can't expect people to instantly want to throw in real money when they can't even see what the point is.
If mindark wanted new players to stay, they would do what needs done but they choose not to.

Ah, I see. Well, that is a very interesting topic. But, maybe not a place to have that conversation since it is, in my mind, a talk about MA marketing strategy and earnings :wise:

Caly was a good place to start. Tutorial was easy to follow and provided you with everything to finish it.
Only for hunting tho. Scout armor, Vivo s10 and bukins are a very solid beginners gear.
For mining/crafting, it was an introduction to basics without follow ups.

Btw hunters crying about more text box rewards after another 1000 "F"s is funny, watching how much "content" the rest of professions get.
Just enjoy the monotonous grind, like everyone else.

caly is a good place for a beginner to start but not the best place for a beginner to stay

Why 5 players? Where did you get that number from? There are 4 backpacks in game and a few doezen players working for theirs. It's not the kind of content that is boring, it's the kind of content that should motivate serious and dedicated players.
To farm 500 contracts yourself you need to do dailies where you cycle roughly 700k ped and you can get 2 a day so you have to wait 250 days until you can have it. How can you not incentivise the kind of players that are ready to jump full force on such resource demanding missions? How can you not try to incentivise others to come at the same level? It's kinda what MA did in the recent years anyway, they looked at the top 5 players players and found a way to incentivise and make it easy for anyone to shoot as much or even more than these top players. Now MA has to find how to close the gap of activity between Mayhem and off Mayhem. This would be one of the ways, much more powerful RDI backpacks :)

Just stop. The empirical evidence shows that's not the case. If it were there would be more than a fraction of the playerbase going after such content and in fact there would be more players than the measely 5000 (if that) active monthly players there are playing Entropia right now.

Everything you suggest has been tried for years and it's only left the game in a worse position each time. They keep stretching out the top with the added issue of power creep and that's only created the situation you see in real life economies like Japan where there's no new population to replace the old, in part due to declining birth rates and strict immigration which you can say is akin to new players joining and the high cost to play.

If the trend continues you'll be one of the few players left here bag holding everything wondering where it all went wrong. The writing is on the wall. Focusing everything on bringing in and retaining new players is the only strategy that will save Entropia and your investment. Without it you'll have no one to sell loot to. You need a paramid structure of population for this business model to succeed. Currently it's becoming more and more inverted while the economic structure is looking more and more like a true pyramid. This diversion is dangerous.

So the real issue with Entropia is that everything turned too much in to a grinding fest, not much going on outside people grinding all day long.

I will give a big thumbs up to planet partners really working on creating quest with story lines and events that appeals to most levels.

But even a good planet partners can't make up for gameplay mechanics that are way out of date. It's a auto shoot grind game with the only "action" being switching to a medkit now and then to heal up to not die.

That's the real problem, people expect more than that today, many MMO today have gone away from auto combat with different actions/spells (which is even already superior to EU) to an active hack and slash combat style to keep people engaged.

New graphics and more missions cant fix bad game mechanics, they are the foundation for everything else to work.

Back