Shading problem

Kerham

Elite
Society
Project Y
Kerawan Kerham Maddahy
Hi guys,

Just bought a new laptop and Entropia looks awful. The gf card is rtx 2060 so should run it without any issues even on very high.

After turning off on and any number of relogs, the culprit is shading. With everything else on high or very high:

If I have the shading quality on low, I have stroboscopic/flashy artefacts which are extremely unpleasant.
If I set the shading on medium, the game seems bearable, but still the eyes get tired fast, 30 mins or so.
If I set the shading on high or very high is almost unplayable, particularly the texts become hard to read (blurry) and the avatars get some very weird gray hallos, particularly in situations where would be two or more light sources interacting.

The system itself is an asus and comes with the Armoury Crate software.

Any idea of what can I do to be able to play with shading on high? I have no issue keeping it on medium, it loses some beauty but let's say is ok, but I am very concerned that the artefacts would still be there, just that with lower visibility and would prove damaging to the eyes in the long run.

Any idea in what utility should I look, what system setting should I check?

The system was first used yesterday, all possible updates and drivers at their latest.

Thank you :)

Did you try dxdiag?

A new pc in 2020 should play Entropia flawlessly but as RX 2060 is Nvidia and I've always been Radeon, I cant help other than to suggest perhaps trying older drivers?

Hm i had a bias against asus' software but a quick google shows it wouldn't be the first nvidia has a run in with shaders. Thanks for your suggestion.

Life long Nvidia user here. Over the years I have used a Nvidia 9200, GTX 750, GTX 765, GTX 860, GTX 970, GTX 1060, and now currently a RTX 2060 Super. None of these have ever had a problem with Entropia or problems with Shaders. My current GPU, the 2060 Super, runs Entropia flawlessly with all graphical options maxed out.

Have you checked to see if your GPU has any issues with any other games? If it does odd things in other games, it is entirely possible you have a defective card. It could also be possible your device driver installation is corrupt, so a re-installation of those drivers might remedy the problem.

I guess it might be related with FXAA setting.

Back