*** Shaolin 5th Anniversary Celebration #3 ***

Oberon

Guardian
Society
Shaolin
Oberon de Monmur
Hello citizens of Calypso!

Shaolin is celebrating it's 5th birthday as a society on Calypso on August 11th!

We plan to do a bunch of events this upcoming Monday - most of them only available to the current Shaolin members - but some will be available to all and everyone who wishes to take part in the celebrations.

This thread is to announce the

Shaolin 5th Anniversary Suck-up EFD Giveaway Programme

Shaolin members will be pre-partying this upcoming weekend, doing numerous teamhunts to spam the chatwindow with celebration messages :wtg:
Special guests and friends will be invited to those teams - but everyone wanting to send us a greeting can do so - and be rewarded for sucking up! ;)

Everyone posting a screenshot of a HoF or a global from a team - in which they are a member... - with a teamname including "Shaolin", will be rewarded with 100 - 1000 EFD, depending of how amused we get.
And yes - even "bad" ones will be rewarded... :cool:

Rewards are given to screenshots posted in this thread between Saturday 9th 00:00 and Monday 11th 23:59 (MA time).
Only one member of a team can post each global/HoF.
The team should be visible in screenshot.
Creativity will be awarded - even if you try your best to insult us :laugh: - as long as your team-name includes the word "Shaolin".

Happy hunting everyone!

You can find more ways to be part of the celebrations if you click here! Or here!

Last edited:
Reserved for rewards

woot, nice! :D

I'll keep that in mind :D

Big Gratz Shaolin a honorable and good old soc for sure,atleast in my papers ;)

could you give away PED :D lol
My special Birthday song :)
Happy Birthday to you,
Squash Tomatoes and Stew,
Bread and butter in the gutter
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUU!!!!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Saturday bump...

This is weired, I see 3 posts, all of the same nature, all posted by you, all bumped by you :scratch2:

All say Shaolin 5th Anniversary.

Why the 3 exact same posts/threads? :scratch2:

This is weired, I see 3 posts, all of the same nature, all posted by you, all bumped by you :scratch2:

All say Shaolin 5th Anniversary.

Why the 3 exact same posts/threads? :scratch2:

Yes, please do not create identical threads in different forums or subforums; this is known as cross-posting, and is a form of forum spam.

If you have 2 separate events with different themes, held on different days, then having separate threads posted in the Events forum is ok.

However, this thread in the Soc Talk forum seems to be a duplicate of one or both of the threads in the Events forum.

PM me to let me know which of the two threads you wish to have this one merged with.

Grats on the 5 year anniversary! :wtg:

For now:

:locked:

It seems there was some confusion on my part regarding the similarity of the various event threads.

Several Shaolin members have pointed out to me that this thread is indeed a separate event.

I have thus reopened the thread, my apologies for the misunderstanding and inconvenience.

Have fun with your 5 year anniversary celebration events!

Then let me be the first to gratz Shaolin in this re-opened thread! :D

Huge gratz to the Shaolin society of skilled entropians. It is a major achievement to be around for so long and be as respected as you are. It was an honor to stand by your side during LG ;)

Nevermind then...started my post before I saw your answer...get distracted sometimes, so I dont see that my point has been seen already...gimme a button to delete my posts and I happily do...

Last edited:
As I see it its 3 different events.

One treasure hunt with hidden items on the LA, one global contest including the socname and the 3rd is mermoth hunt 1hr lasting...

Correct me if I am wrong...

Yes, that's why this thread was reopened.

It was a misunderstanding on my part, partly due to the similarity of the opening post in all the threads, and partly due to the fact that this thread was posted in the Soc Talk forum, rather than the Events forum.

I apologised for the misunderstanding and undeserved closing of this thread two posts above yours, so I'm not quite sure why you are pointing it out again. :confused:

Back