Shinook River (OLA27): Miners' season approaching

GameEducation

Provider
When the fertilizer soon runs out it won't be replaced for quite some time, and it will be miners' season on Shinook River (OLA27).

Duration of the season not decided but at least a couple of months (depends on feedback).

/Mats Wiklund
Stockholm University

Great news for us miners.

Thanks!

Hope your experiment has taught many across the pond.

Nice what spawns there?

Good news, some good mining there if I didn't get eaten by tripuidon stalkers all the time.

cool. tripudions are just annoying when you're tryin to mine!

actually i like the tripudions there.

I hate them! :laugh:

They aggro way too much and the spawn is too dense to mine there. I pay very rare visits to that LA... will certainly do more as of September (summer holidays) :D

When the fertilizer soon runs out it won't be replaced for quite some time, and it will be miners' season on Shinook River (OLA27).

Duration of the season not decided but at least a couple of months (depends on feedback).

/Mats Wiklund
Stockholm University

for sure its better for EU. not many are big fans of those mobs :)

Status aug 5, 2010:

Status aug 5, 2010:

The main part of Shinook River (OLA-27), everything west of the river, is now almost mob free. Just an occational stray mob here and there, and then only low maturity.

The only exception is a small area in the very north-eastern corner (of the main LA part west of the river) where there are a bit more mobs (some of which are out of our control. Support case sent about those). Also, please note that the narrow strip of the LA that runs east of the river has quite a bit of mobs on it, the situation there is much different from the bigger west-of-the river part.

For mining purposes, basically everything west of the river (except the very NE corner tip) is now miner friendly.

/Mats Wiklund

Last edited:
Status aug 8, 2010:

The main part of Shinook River (OLA-27), everything west of the river, is now almost mob free. Just an occational stray mob here and there, and then only low maturity.

The only exception is a small area in the very north-eastern corner (of the main LA part west of the river) where there are a bit more mobs (some of which are out of our control. Support case sent about those). Also, please note that the narrow strip of the LA that runs east of the river has quite a bit of mobs on it, the situation there is much different from the bigger west-of-the river part.

For mining purposes, basically everything west of the river (except the very NE corner tip) is now miner friendly.

/Mats Wiklund

The mobs will stay there untill someone kills them, and they wont respawn.

You could just drag em to the river too ;)

The mobs will stay there untill someone kills them, and they wont respawn.

You could just drag em to the river too ;)

Yes, true about our mobs, but there is also the case of the non-DNA mobs that do respawn, awaiting support case response.

Anyway, just wanted people to know that the main part of the LA has become miner ready by now.

/Mats Wiklund

Last edited:
Non-DNA mobs have been removed

The extra non-DNA mobs that were on Shinook River (OLA27) have now been removed. This includes some Nexnecis that were in the NE and Bristlehogs and Trilomites that were in the south, mainly.

Also the larger groups of our DNA mobs that had accumulated east of the river have been removed.

All that remains now are the odd low maturity DNA mob Molisk or Tripudion (all settings are min density min maturity).

Happy mining!

/Mats Wiklund
Stockholm University

The extra non-DNA mobs that were on Shinook River (OLA27) have now been removed. This includes some Nexnecis that were in the NE and Bristlehogs and Trilomites that were in the south, mainly.

Also the larger groups of our DNA mobs that had accumulated east of the river have been removed.

All that remains now are the odd low maturity DNA mob Molisk or Tripudion (all settings are min density min maturity).

Happy mining!

/Mats Wiklund
Stockholm University

why took it so long?

Happy mining!

/Mats Wiklund
Stockholm University

nice i might take it more seriously for a mining run now

I was just thinking, we need a thread telling us all the LA's that are current/permanently for mining. I know LA 64 and 27.

I was just thinking, we need a thread telling us all the LA's that are current/permanently for mining. I know LA 64 and 27.

EP's ShockZone is for miners only too. OLA12

Been there, globaled twice and I'm sure soon I'll return to make another run :cool:

It's worth mentioning that this LA has very low tax (under 2%), which gives another reason to visit it once a while :cool:

I've made a 7K ped there is one week ago there's great place to mine we can find some interesting stuff in ore or enmatter ^^ :eyecrazy:

I do like the mining in Shinook River - there are few good spots for Lumis Leech and Kanerium, also i had my first global in this LA.

I never try on this LA before, it sounds good for me to mine here... :cool:

Back