Should clothing unequip decay costs be removed like armor unequip decay costs was removed?

Should clothing unequip decay costs be removed like armor unequip decay costs was removed?

• Total voters
I support the removal. Only because when equipping armour the game automatically unequips a lot of clothing on your behalf. This adds an unnecessary cost.
I would be happy if all clothing was automatically reequipped once the armour piece was removed at no TT loss. Only willing wardrobe changes incurred decay.

Seems like this option would be a win/win for both parties, and we would see less people looking like noobs running around in underwear for this reason.

Removing all decay upon unequipped would render all L clothing items UL. As they would stop decaying entirely. Such as the Arctic outfits.

IF they would never decay, they would never break, and therefor become the same as thier UL counter parts.

I don't have an issue with it, there are very few clothes in the game it would impact , but would be a consideration.

Or do you mean more like, everything except L clothes has this decay removed?

There is also the whole dynamics of UL damaged clothes looking worn/degraded. Which is quite a cool feature, this would be lost too.

Ok, good point.
So maybe decay could stay, IF my clothes won't automatically undress when I equip armour.

That would be best.

That way, problem with L solved. Problem with better looking decayed clothes solved and problem solved that you don't get punished anymore for taking your armour off.

So, maybe rephrase the question.
Should clothes stay on when you equip armour and stay on when you unequip armour..

YES to that!!

Yes yes yes!!!

And why?

Because 95% of the playerbase look like walking turts!!!
There are so much opportunities to dress well in this game but everybody wears that lame armour all the time.
I keep on taking decay to at least walk around in style.
And I feel I'm being punished for that!

It's just so lame to be punished with decay when you want to colour up the game.

So yes, get rid of that theft decay!!!

I think you'd be surprised to see that a lot of people don't give a rats ass about dressing up in this game.

You can remove the cost all you want, it won't make me dress any differently. I'm not not dressing up because there is a .... 2 pec decay...

seriously lol if people wanted to spend hundres of peds on items they wanna dress in, a 2 pec decay wont stop them. Just look around - those who cares, does dress up.

The only thing removing this thing would do is people standing on a beach swapping from one pair of clothes to another over and over and over again.

To understand why the cost of equipping clothes was introduced - what did MA say when it was introduced? :)

Has that statement/reason for the change all of a sudden gone null?

For reference:

The increased detail of armor and clothing will demand more system performance. In an attempt to stave off a lag increase, a deterioration of 2 PEC per item has been introduced when equipping garments and armor. Increased realism will make clothes look more worn as their condition diminishes."
If you can honestly tell me, after the past couple of days / week in regards to lag, that you think that removing the equip decay is the right way to go then please, tell me. Also, how would the bolded part of the spoiler be achieved without the decay?

Because 95% of the playerbase look like walking turts!!!

Do you prefer version A or B?

index.php

So maybe decay could stay, IF my clothes won't automatically undress when I equip armour.
This is the only thing I can agree on, but calling clothing decay theft is flat out stupid. And still crying over 2 PEC is bummy, convert that to USD. Deposit the minimum of 2 USD and that enough should have you not missing that 2 PEC.
Definitely B, take the fentropia gold shirt for example. some full TT clothes have colors which are too solid.

index.php

Did you also read my second reply?

;)

"That way, problem with L solved. Problem with better looking decayed clothes solved and problem solved that you don't get punished anymore for taking your armour off."

I think you'd be surprised to see that a lot of people don't give a rats ass about dressing up in this game.

fair enough, but why "punish" the people who actually do?

Did you read the "spoiler" ?
Oh, you mean the part that says:
The increased detail of armor and clothing will demand more system performance. In an attempt to stave off a lag increase, a deterioration of 2 PEC per item has been introduced when equipping garments and armor.

To blame recent lag on decay costs of clothes is rather silly, especially since that cost is not on armor. Are you suggesting we add it back to armor to increase the decay costs since many more parts of armor are unequipped daily vs clothing. More pecs=less lag?.

yeah, yeah, I know you are talking about the diminishes looks over time on the clothes. Maybe they should add that to armor too. Make L armor look like crap if it's not a full TT price. Add in dents, dings, holes. Maybe even get rid of that L armor will give you full protection all the way down to minimum tt thing since that is just the opposite of the way clothes work.

Last edited:
Did you read the "spoiler" ?

yes, so, what?
So should I be "punished" that the server can't handle the clothing detail???? The same clothes that MA introduced themselves!

Also, this is a bullshit reason.
Because it's about CHANGING clothes and not WEARING clothes.

I might be mistaken, but isnt the WEARING part which gives the strain on the server and not the CHANGING part?
So, why pay for changing and not wearing then if this is the reason?

Make all clothes UL with 1 PED tt value :) And yes, decay should be removed. I remember MA saying they don't even know why the decay is there in the first place.

Last edited:

You can remove the cost all you want, it won't make me dress any differently. I'm not not dressing up because there is a .... 2 pec decay...

seriously lol if people wanted to spend hundres of peds on items they wanna dress in, a 2 pec decay wont stop them. Just look around - those who cares, does dress up.

The only thing removing this thing would do is people standing on a beach swapping from one pair of clothes to another over and over and over again.

To understand why the cost of equipping clothes was introduced - what did MA say when it was introduced? :)

Has that statement/reason for the change all of a sudden gone null?

Totally agree, clothes costed a few K ped, i dont give a damn about that 2 pec decay.
The issue is, most of the clothes are lame, they should add cool looking ones, than maybe more people would wear them.
I have 1 cool looking set, and have seen maybe 2 more other clothes that i liked.

Also they should add clothes that can be worn together with armors, that would help too.

I like the white parka and snowboots and trousers from the thing. But you can only wear them like 2 or 3 times and then they break.

Did you also read my second reply?

;)

"That way, problem with L solved. Problem with better looking decayed clothes solved and problem solved that you don't get punished anymore for taking your armour off."
Yeah I saw it, was just giving you shit, because I could :D

I'd also be perfectly fine w/ the "clothes stay on under armor" adjustment.

I remember MA saying they don't even know why the decay is there in the first place.

I followed your link and read their reply. I didn't get the same "they don't know why" context you did. It seemed to say "We agree and may consider alterations to TT values of some clothes".

So should I be "punished" that the server can't handle the clothing detail????
That is client side, not server side ?
I might be mistaken, but isnt the WEARING part which gives the strain on the server and not the CHANGING part?
You are very mistaken. Changing is what would cause the strain on a server, when you change a part of clothing the server needs to modify a cell referencing the new item you equipped within the database. The same thing would apply if you removed it, as it now needs to reference the lack of something worn. The cell containing information of the TT value of the item would also have to be modified.

"The increased detail of armor and clothing will demand more system performance." - Your system performance, in regards to wearing (or seeing others wearing it).
"In an attempt to stave off a lag increase, a deterioration of 2 PEC per item has been introduced when equipping garments and armor." - Their system performance.

As for armor no longer having it, it could be because they decay upon taking hits, and they make money like that. So that base is covered.

Last edited:
That is client side, not server side ?

You are very mistaken. Changing is what would cause the strain on a server, when you change a part of clothing the server needs to modify a cell referencing the new item you equipped within the database. The same thing would apply if you removed it, as it now needs to reference the lack of something worn. The cell containing information of the TT value of the item would also have to be modified.

"The increased detail of armor and clothing will demand more system performance." - Your system performance, in regards to wearing (or seeing others wearing it).
"In an attempt to stave off a lag increase, a deterioration of 2 PEC per item has been introduced when equipping garments and armor." - Their system performance.

As for armor no longer having it, it could be because they decay upon taking hits, and they make money like that. So that base is covered.
Ok, fair enough.
So, as mentioned before, let decay stay then.
But stop the auto undress when you equip armour.
Now the game forces this unequip. So, the system creates unnecessary lag.
That should be fixed asap then!!!

Last edited:
I followed your link and read their reply. I didn't get the same "they don't know why" context you did. It seemed to say "We agree and may consider alterations to TT values of some clothes".
Wasn't in that particular link, i'll try to find it :) it's hidden somewhere deep in the forum haha

I wouldn't mind this, as I definitely change clothing less frequently than I otherwise would because I'm too cheap to pay the decay!

However, my main focus, especially as clothing starts to gain effects, is for us to avoid the threat of having a movement or use decay implemented, that would tie the effects to a decay cost linearly. If the compromise between us and MindArk is keeping equip decay, I am actually satisfied with that.

Back