Should the limit of sellable items in auction be increased?

Should the limit of sellable items in auction be increased?

• yes

Votes: 26 49.1%
  • no

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • i don't care

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters

Waldi

Guardian
Society
NBK
Zan Waldi Dariel
i thought about to sell all my belongings in auction and started today - but after 30 items, the limit was reached

now i calculated, that in worst case it would take almost a whole year to sell all my stuff :/

i agree, that it makes sense to have a limit for identical, crafted items

but in my case its inacceptable that a cleanout takes almost a whole year...

whats your opinion?

i thought about to sell all my belongings in auction and started today - but after 30 items, the limit was reached

now i calculated, that in worst case it would take almost a whole year to sell all my stuff :/

i agree, that it makes sense to have a limit for identical, crafted items

but in my case its inacceptable that a cleanout takes almost a whole year...

whats your opinion?

If you sell at the correct price then your stuff sells within hours. I've never needed more than 10 selling slots.

You got what? 10k items? lol

I know it can be difficult, but my own thought was that it stops the resellers having pages of stuff for sale, and also encourages the seller to set a market price for the item so it will sell within the auction timeframe.

GL with your sales.

If you sell at the correct price then your stuff sells within hours. I've never needed more than 10 selling slots.

i didn´t say i want to give my stuff away for free - in that case it would be still smarter to make a bulk sale here on ef

i want of course gain the max possible value, so i either don´t set a buyout wich will increase the duration of the auction, or i set the buyout at marketprice wich can even lead to a reauctioning

overscore, you don´t even need 2k items to have fun for a whole year selling in auction - and i have indeed a lot :)

can you imagine how messed up the system would be if they let some of these guys do what they want :D

You would go to refined resources mineral-X and there would be about 200 pages of ppl selling 5 ingots for double normal mark up.

So no, there needs to be a limit.

the time it takes you to sellout increases the time the money is in circulation. it's in the best interest of the community if it takes ages to sellout. :)

just it affects the people who like the auction selling...

i dont get into it much anymore, but i used to sell plenty of stuff at wheat i deemed a reasonable markup. buyout in 3 days or less. and only a little higher than market!

blah, sleepys :p gn!

I think there should be less. Five auction spots, and you have to earn more through activities in EU, 5+N_attributes/10 would be my preference, or 5+N_skills/5000 to a maximum of 30 each.

I would like to have more slots I always seem to have more then enough things to fill my limit. But how about instead of limiting it to 30 listings they limit it to one per item? So if your selling animal muscle oil you can only have one listing or you are selling shogun thigh guards you can only have one listed.

That way it gives you more room to sell different items but keeps people from spamming any categorie with 50 of the same item. There should be exceptions for some items though like armor plating.

I would like to have more slots I always seem to have more then enough things to fill my limit. But how about instead of limiting it to 30 listings they limit it to one per item? So if your selling animal muscle oil you can only have one listing or you are selling shogun thigh guards you can only have one listed.

That way it gives you more room to sell different items but keeps people from spamming any categorie with 50 of the same item. There should be exceptions for some items though like armor plating.

In the case of just one item, I regularly put eye oil up in batches of 2k and 3k each as i know that's how much crafters are willing to buy at a time. Sometimes it goes in an hour, someitmes (if i go to CND for example) the amounts I put up take 3-4 days. And crafters need to put up more than one OA at a time, or ore-finder...it would be hard to determine "which items deserve more than one slot" just due to the nature of what people craft and loot often.

True when I craft sheet metal I usally sell it in stacks of 1000 so its better for crafters and usually have a few listings but I usually relist a batch after one sells. Either way id like to see more slots to list without it being ruined by people spamming.

In the case of just one item, I regularly put eye oil up in batches of 2k and 3k each as i know that's how much crafters are willing to buy at a time. Sometimes it goes in an hour, someitmes (if i go to CND for example) the amounts I put up take 3-4 days. And crafters need to put up more than one OA at a time, or ore-finder...it would be hard to determine "which items deserve more than one slot" just due to the nature of what people craft and loot often.

have 10 slots for the current price, you can use additional slots but the auction fee increases by say 10 cents per additional item.
So the 11th item would have a min fee of 60ct, the 12th 70 ct etc.
Max fee should increase accordingly. Instead of using dimes the system could increase the %.

And of course the additional fees should go to the loot pool.

I think there should be less. Five auction spots, and you have to earn more through activities in EU, 5+N_attributes/10 would be my preference, or 5+N_skills/5000 to a maximum of 30 each.

i have 2 shops, filled with 400 items - i think, thats enough activity...

i agree with PopFuzz that there should be a limit for identical items, like i already mentioned in the initial post too, but there shouldn´t be a general limit of 30 items and you can only refill a slot, when an items was sold

in my opinion, there are several solutions to avoid spamming, but at the same time to increase the ammount of slots

par example 2 identical items per auction day , but 20 different items per auction day - this would mean, you can put like 14 amps into auction over 7 days, or 140 different items

there are many more possible solution that are way more satisfying than the actual status

whats your opinion?

Never reached the limit, but I sometimes have more than 1 page.

I was about to vote "I don't care" when I saw other posts about "professional traders" etc... So I finally voted "No" because I think so. :)

(But I like the option with additional fees for too many lines. I am also starting to think as MA does: "Every new issue can be fixed with a new tax". ;))

The idea to tie it to attributes is brilliant
Although, ain't 30 the current maximum?

No! :) We need that limit to prevent dozens of bad situations that can be made by resellers/ people that want to screw up the auction for everyone else, and etc. etc.. :rolleyes:

To sell your items faster, you should just set them at a price they will most likely sell for. Put the auction to end in one day, and your stuff will be gone probably in a month or two :)

i like ppl who are to lazy to read only 2 pages of posts ;)

i have 2 shops, filled with 400 items - i think, thats enough activity...

So, in other words, you haven't started playing EU yet. I suppose you class reseller-mc-Chumpy who owns 50 apartments and 10 dead shops with agility 1 as active also.

The idea to tie it to attributes is brilliant
Although, ain't 30 the current maximum?

Yes.

Could raise it to 50 I guess.... If i'm on hardcore hunt period yes 30 is barely enough. This is why i turned to crafting components and textures. (and looking for QR tailoring bps) as there aren't enough slots for me.

hey there m80's

I think most ppl would agree that the ingame auction system has many aspects that could do with a makeover.

First of all it would seem the obvious choice to make a "search function" (radical i know but it might work ;D), and perhaps even an "advanced search function" (reaching for the heavens).

But i think the reason they havent is that they want ppl to play the game of "outdated auction software" for a reason.

I believe that looking around through 20 pages of - lets say - enm-finders, searchin for lets say a tik-200, many ppl - especially ppl with enough peds :D - will be too impatient to compare the price details of a finder on page 1 and 5 and 19 and 20, and will just get one that seems ok.

This means that theres a bit of a random game on the auction aswell; will some impatient or unaware person buy ur overpriced auction.

Now with this pseudo-game existing within the auction trade, it could be said to make sense, to keep the 30 items limit to avoid ppl spamming with overpriced auctions.

However i would contend that the 50+ pec fee pr auction would even that out in the long run - the "fishers" would get broke from 50 pec fees if MA set a 500 max on auctions.

I imagin we get an auction revamp at some point - perhaps with CE2 - but it has to come. The system as it is, is simly not geared for much more players. At this moment the auction segments with most pages has 20-30 or so (from my experience/memory) but that will grom more or less linear with the amount of different items and the amount of active avatars in the game. So if MA wants "china and India" to join our little world here - that amount of pages could easily "explode" into 50+ pages.

I would say theres an upper limit to how many pages a player should be asked to flip through just in order to find the cheapest version of the right item.

I guess my point is this - EU auction is outdated and complicated as hell to modernize. MA will probably not hot fix it or tweak max auction, but rather try and develop a new and fancy system that accomodates both the "game aspect" and the "economy" aspect of the in game auction.

That said i would kill (hmm perhaps not ppl but ants and hoses) for 30 more auction slots as mine are always full (of small overpriced auctions (shame on me))

Could raise it to 50 I guess....

As a not-very-expanded-crafter mainly using auction, I barely have enough room to post my goods with the current sets (especially when posting full 7x sets of plates)

Yes, and put a search function in there as well too please MA! :D

if i do a 2k ped mining round, then i fill up fast this 30 items space, if i go to sell the finds.

so a bit more items would be nice.

i like ppl who are to lazy to read only 2 pages of posts ;)

If it was me you were reffering too, I actually did read all the posts, but none the less, I think the limit is a must, and I think it is good at where it is right now ;)

And I will stand for that it would be very much possible to sell all your items in 2 months.. That's of course if you ain't looking for prices over or at the top of the current market values of course :)

no.. imagine the ube crafters placing hundreds of those items a day on the auction.
and you a newb crafter will place 2 crafted items on.
this would make it even harder for the average newb to get up.

no.. imagine the ube crafters placing hundreds of those items a day on the auction.
and you a newb crafter will place 2 crafted items on.
this would make it even harder for the average newb to get up.

The uber crafter won't place hundreds of items a day unless there is effectively a demand for them, else he is just a retard who will simply lose all of his auctionning fees for unsold items

Additional item slots allow you to be more versatile, It doesn't allow you to sell "faster" than the playerbase buys.

As a not-very-expanded-crafter mainly using auction, I barely have enough room to post my goods with the current sets (especially when posting full 7x sets of plates)

WEll Auktuma gets others to put them up for him as a solution.

It's not really convenient

But I guess I could ask my sisters, my brothers, my parents and my grandparents to put them up for me ;)

Realy is there no end to the breaking, circumvention, exceptions and bending of the system and rules?

I wonder if he ever thought the system might work the way it does because of him and that he too should abid by it?

Well, now he knows. All he has to do is write to support, tell them who he is and they will rewrite the code for him.

Back