Skills for Mutant Looter ?

pesa

Dominant
Society
AD
Nero Pelleman Wolf
My highest looter prof is Mutant Looter, 44. When I compare this to hunters around my L :105, it seems low.
So I checked my skills before and after filling 3 calamusoid keys (dont remember exact term)
After these 3 keys I had exactly the same analysis/biology/genetics:310/159/4(!) as when I started!
During the last chip I turned on skills in the chat. I got exactly 6 scourging and 1 reaping skill message. Nothing else. Zilch.
Does that seem normal??
Any tips anyone?

Double posted, read other post below
[Delete]

Last edited:
Looter skills accumulate very slowly ? I typically grab those skills you mentioned in the codex to help with that. Perception and Serendipity can also help you raise your looter profession.

I would suggest sticking to one mob type (animal, robot, or mutant) and getting to level 60 looter asap, unlock Scavenging as quick as you can. After you unlock that, then just hunt whatever type you want.

Unlocking Scavenging will take a LOT of PED cycle. It took me months to go from looter 50 to 60, and many Codex rewards and hundreds of thousands of PED cycled, so yeah, that skill builds slowly.

Last edited:
After these 3 keys I had exactly the same analysis/biology/genetics:310/159/4(!)

These skill don't go up from hunting. The Looter Professions are made up of a diverse amount of skills in Entropia and if you want to fully maximize them that will lead you in the direction of cross skilling or chipping in these lower skills.

For me personally these skills are relatively high naturally due too all my harvesting I did before looter even came out. Since yours are very low you have options. Do activities such as harvesting to raise them. Chip them in. Or wait to these rare skills come up on Codex for some Rank 5 or 15 rewards. There is a thread on the codex skill sets. Other activities such as scanning ( has looter skills only earned from here ) also Taming can raise looter skills. I like taming for Zoology.

As Ms. pudding said though unlocking Scavenging is important just like unlocking Commando is important before really going crazy cross skillin. I wouldn't let it keep you from doing missions though or hunting different mobs. Since it does take so long to get to 60 in one of the professions.

The reason Scientist, Xenobiology, Robotology are unlocks now from looter professions is because they are part of the Looter professions. However to level them you have to do other activities once they are unlocked. I started scanning once I unlocked Xeno/Robo since it's the only way to acquire them. Looter is certainly an interesting profession.

Vey helpful, MsPudding and Abomb,thx!
I've already started harvesting (very hard to find trees on caly tho)
I also scan every mob now before killing it. So looter is now abit above 45 so progress albeit slow
Didnt think of taming, I'll do a bit of that now.
Nero

Just tagging along with this thread. You should use scanners to level up the skills required for the looter professions?

Had no idea.

Back