Skills

Nicko

Guardian
Society
nAn
Odin Nicko Santi
Seems like people are skilling aimlessly, so my question is this:

When would you consider yourself 'fully skilled", i.e. at what level would you consider to be the skill cap when you will finally stop skilling and actually start playing the game as it is meant to be played?

By the time you reach that point. You will get bored killing AoA and the occational noob. Sit at the rig make oil castles and other various sculptures. Play for an additional 3 ot 4 weeks get bored with selling the thousands of barrels of oil. Go buy 5 or 6 generic implants. Sell off your skills and start over with a new avatar. With 8 to 900 in your bank account lol...But that was just a guess. Its called avatar retirement.

At the rate I'm going, it will be about 5 years before I'm even close to considering avatar retirement!

Personally, I don't take much to the idea of skilling offensive skills in the ring - at least if you hunt, you get a little loot to offset the cost of ammo & decay. But sitting there as a target for someone who wants to blow their money that way is a good way to build that Evade skill!

Nicko said:
When would you consider yourself 'fully skilled", i.e. at what level would you consider to be the skill cap when you will finally stop skilling and actually start playing the game as it is meant to be played?

What do you mean with "meant to be played"??

I mean when does a soccer player determine he's good enough and stop training totally?

I think skilling is a way to play this game. And also as skill level of experienced players raise, MA will introduce more tougher mobs.

Lets face it: most of us are "skilled enough" for lowest mobs, none is "skilled enough" for toughest mobs.

There will always be need for skilling unless you want to decide that you stick with certain mobs but how would that be fun?

Im still waiting to see someone walking in the woods without armor and just walk up to the spider and without armor take him out...that is skill baby lol...I think I am close... Only 9000 levels away lol.

If i am not mistaking the highest level is master or something of that nature that 10000+ in skill..Noe I have been skilling would say more than most or average at best for the last year and i just reached 600 in rifle if that will give you an idea how much time this kinds stuff takes. The game is never ment to be beaten just enjoyed :) There really is no definitive end that i can see. Would imagine at the rate of a aggesive skiller would take at least a couple yeard to even become proficient at one skill...(close to real life play) Thats the game premise:) Hope that helped

I've seen someone run up to a longu provider with a sword and dress in oj and kill it, then run on to another without fapping o_O

Essi said:
What do you mean with "meant to be played"??

I mean when does a soccer player determine he's good enough and stop training totally?

I think skilling is a way to play this game. And also as skill level of experienced players raise, MA will introduce more tougher mobs.

Lets face it: most of us are "skilled enough" for lowest mobs, none is "skilled enough" for toughest mobs.

There will always be need for skilling unless you want to decide that you stick with certain mobs but how would that be fun?

Well, I highly doubt the purpose of the game, as planned by MA, is to stand infront of a bercycled 24/7 with a Jester. Not sure if the analogy with a soccer player is a good one, after all, all we are doing is sitting here clicking and it doesn`t take any skills to do that, only patience.

Personaly I can currently kill mid level mobs and some slightly higher, i could take an atroc young at a pinch but I stick to skill of low level mobs like snablesnots until I reach about 1k is laser then I will probely buy a chip and start hunting properly.

Nicko said:
Well, I highly doubt the purpose of the game, as planned by MA, is to stand infront of a bercycled 24/7 with a Jester. Not sure if the analogy with a soccer player is a good one, after all, all we are doing is sitting here clicking and it doesn`t take any skills to do that, only patience.

I think MA foresaw skilling. And I dont think they planned that skilling wouldnt be purpose of this game. Its not like MA specially would have designed this game to be such that you would get advantage on not skilling.

MA gave us a sandbox to play in. Its up to us to think what is the purpose for our playing.

Essi said:
I think MA foresaw skilling. And I dont think they planned that skilling wouldnt be purpose of this game. Its not like MA specially would have designed this game to be such that you would get advantage on not skilling.

MA gave us a sandbox to play in. Its up to us to think what is the purpose for our playing.

u always know to say thing nice essi :eek:

Well I think MA knew people would skill, otherwise their wouldn't be the Fighting Rings.

I skilled like a nut job twith my handgun.... till I nosedove into the 2900 barrier. Gave up at 2951 and stared hugging my rifle.

Woops, suddenly 2K there too. The AdjV1 gives skills purdy fast, so I guess thats my friend for a long time to come.

TREAT HER WITH THE SAME LUV I DO x0nax! :D

3 weeks away from my 2 purdy gurls... Skam and the V1...

Ciao, real life calls. Civic duty!

G-man

rstock said:
I skilled like a nut job twith my handgun.... till I nosedove into the 2900 barrier. Gave up at 2951 and stared hugging my rifle.

Woops, suddenly 2K there too. The AdjV1 gives skills purdy fast, so I guess thats my friend for a long time to come.

TREAT HER WITH THE SAME LUV I DO x0nax! :D

3 weeks away from my 2 purdy gurls... Skam and the V1...

Ciao, real life calls. Civic duty!

G-man

Who's gonna take care of meee when your gone?

*jealous of V1*

:(

not true vemon...
started playing 3 months ago...am proficient swordsman..think will hit good swordsman any day now..have 4200 lbskills..unlocked martial arts,marksmanship/melle damage assesment...121 hp
and didnt buy any chips nor did i skill in ring..just plain old hunting..so years is a bit exaggerated as you stated ;)

fluske said:
not true vemon...
started playing 3 months ago...am proficient swordsman..think will hit good swordsman any day now..have 4200 lbskills..unlocked martial arts,marksmanship/melle damage assesment...121 hp
and didnt buy any chips nor did i skill in ring..just plain old hunting..so years is a bit exaggerated as you stated ;)

Wow good working.. But... 4200 LBskills and just proficient?

Anyway. Yea you can get pretty good in short time. For example I know a certain lady thats been here under half a year now and she's on her way to becoming good laser sniper, if she havent hit it allready.

Im too lazy tho.. If I had the same tempo as she... Phew. Then Id acctually be allright skilled!

yup...and melee combat is at 3800 orso..but i never use shortblades or powerfist so i think the professionel standing is an average of all those..i am waiting to get serendipity and then ill go on hunting more with rifle..thats only at 1700 now,so lots of work to do

If Im not mistaken Good should be around 3k in whatever combat skill you use.
If you have 4.2 k in Skills you should be "advanced" not proficient thats around 2.6k-2.8k.

And; For example if you have 3k in handgun your "good pistoleer" and if you dont have 3k in rifle it doesnt matter on the handgun, so really shortblades or fist shouldnt have anything to do with your prof.standing on longblades.
However it could be other skills that "holds you back" but a 1,4k in skilldiffernece on what you should be and what you are is the strangest thing Ive heard.
UNLESS youve chipped it.
This discussion, on what determites a prof standing, goes here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=630

Just curious: whats your agility at? :)

vemon said:
Noe I have been skilling would say more than most or average at best for the last year and i just reached 600 in rifle if that will give you an idea how much time this kinds stuff takes

How long did it take you to reach 600rifle? I remember when I had only level 100 in handguns and skilled it up to 450 in a few hours,took 1-2weeks of relaxed skilling on tantardion young to make it 2k and I used m2201 :rolleyes:

Knuckles said:
How long did it take you to reach 600rifle? I remember when I had only level 100 in handguns and skilled it up to 450 in a few hours,took 1-2weeks of relaxed skilling on tantardion young to make it 2k and I used m2201 :rolleyes:
Aww the tant young days *snif*

Knuckles said:

600 Rifle shouldnt take more than 15 hours skilling :)

Fluske im sorry but im pretty sure you dont have 121 HP after 3months playing...or well if you are skilling on mobs 20 hours/day with axe.. then yeah maybe ;)

personally I wont stop skilling untill im the best skilled player in-game and everybody kisses my feets when I walk by :girl:
Allso i just love skilling its very very fun allmost as fun as hunting :)

well..i really have 121 hp and yes..i play like 14 hours aa day,i gain 1 hp every 2-3 days, and mostly melee..evade is at around 1600 i believe.strenght is 68 of 69 and agility also

but my lb is at 4260 orso...im advanced there i believe..but professionel standings still at proficient..cant help it..its the truth :)

ps,i never chipped it..i wanna sell my skills not buy them eventually :)

maybe my avatar is bugged then orso,cause i unlocked melee damage assesment yesterday..and someone from my soc said..then youll unlock martial arts also soon..but thtas already on 1140..unlocked martial arts when i broke 3k lb,
damn,i really want that serendipity..another skill from melee is much lower though...inflict melee damage is at 1915..melee combat at 3937..

Cindywood said:
personally I wont stop skilling untill im the best skilled player in-game and everybody kisses my feets when I walk by :girl:
Allso i just love skilling its very very fun allmost as fun as hunting :)

First of all,you will never be the most skilled.Second,no one kisses a revival killers feet.Spit on them is more probable :rolleyes:

And skilling is fun? Then you must be far away from the high skills since its so slow so I dont see the fun in it.It is a pain in the ass to gain IRD/RDA and so on at high levels

Knuckles said:
First of all,you will never be the most skilled.Second,no one kisses a revival killers feet.Spit on them is more probable :rolleyes:

And skilling is fun? Then you must be far away from the high skills since its so slow so I dont see the fun in it.It is a pain in the ass to gain IRD/RDA and so on at high levels

Yes I will :p Someday everybody thats better than me will have quitted :laugh:
I dont get the part about RT killing but .. ok... :confused:

Yes my skills are low atm. 3-5k in most of em and 98 Agility.
I will consider myself a noob untill I have 10k in all skills =P then ill be OK. :dunce:

EDIT: skilling is fun when you can profit alot of money doing it and still get loads of fast skills :)

this conversation needs a distinction made. there is skilling and there is skill hunting.

skilling is done in a ring or other PvP area with 2 or more avatars engaged in some type of repetitive combat situation.

skill hunting is going out and hunting weak mobs with an effecient, yet low in damage, weapon. preferably large quantities of mobs are hunted as the motive when skill hunting is to kill as many as you can.

i don't skill in the ring. i see no point to it when i can go out and get the exact same skills and some loot in return.

skill hunting IS playing the game. we call it skill hunting, but in actuality, it is simply hunting what you should be hunting with a weapon you should be using (in a lot of cases).

back to topic...lot of people skilling aimlessly? i don't think so. most of the fighting rings are empty the vast majority of the time. the one in twin peaks is often occupied but they aren't skilling...just having fun.

now, if you go out into the wilderness, you see a lot of people hunting. there are several people hunting where i hunt every time i go there.

so, i'd say more people are skill hunting than skilling. and skill hunting is just an effecient form of hunting.

yeah..got my serendipity today ;)
lb at 4600 so it was about time..got it when prof standings went from good to great,
and 123 hp now..next goal 7k lb

Back