Society functions / bases

Kill Amy

Provider
Society
The Chosen Few
1) I feel other than LA's there is not too much soc features, and LA are not something many socs have. What if MA were to make 3 or 4 small "forts" around calypso. There would be away of securing the fort for your soc, having a sort of siege on it where rival socs can challenge or control every few months or something.

Bonus of having "fort"

Shared inventory. All soc members can put items there but make items either soc or private as to who has access to it etc

I know all socs could not have a HQ but it would be nice for mid level socs to be able to have some sort of small base.

2) Soc items. Lending items is based on trust. Why not a soc inventory where anyone can use the items in it, but at anytime, the real owner can "recall" their items. This would help in terms of lending to people in diff time zone and loads of other possibilities for smaller socs to help new members try items out before buying them.

I think one problem of this is that as there are only 4 forts then all of the uber socs will be fighting for their control which will mean that any low to mid level socs joining in won't get a chance. Also seeing as there are other soc structures apart from military then there should be a range of soc headquarters to compete over.

The forts idea is a good idea but there should be a lot more so socs of all levels can vie for control of them and that there should be a wide range of these "forts" for example rangeing from camps to corperate headquarters to forts.

I think one problem of this is that as there are only 4 forts then all of the uber socs will be fighting for their control which will mean that any low to mid level socs joining in won't get a chance. Also seeing as there are other soc structures apart from military then there should be a range of soc headquarters to compete over.

The forts idea is a good idea but there should be a lot more so socs of all levels can vie for control of them and that there should be a wide range of these "forts" for example rangeing from camps to corperate headquarters to forts.

Yeah i was definately thinking of not just forts. I too do worry a small number of forst would mean only uberest 4 socs would ever control it. But having too many over the landscape hmmm. I guess 30 or 40 would be ok spaced far enough around the map with a special way or tp there maybe.

I like the idea of not just forts too. Maybe we found a use for the office rooms in some of the big structures in PA, Troy, and Jason Center??

One other feature of these forts could be that they have the same basic terminals as an outpost like the basic tt/repair/revive terminals which could make travelling from town to town by foot easier as there would be a few places you could stop off on the way to revive or get ammo or if you are having trouble with the local mobs then you could ask some of the occuping soc members to help you out.

maybe the outposts could be turned into these places?

yes great idea MA woud implement that in one of the next say 100 years VU:D

this game i so still boring and MA must do some in the Game otherwise they lost more players they want and Internetcafe user what the hell i takes also ages before they implement this.

It would be an interesting idea if the forts varied in size/prestige and each soc could only control one fort...

...and there were about 100 of them.... :D

:scratch2: Not to burst anyone's bubble......... I do get the premise of the original "Fort" idea... BUT Don't the PVP Rings the PVP area and the Oil Rig kinda serve the same purpose:confused:

maybe the outposts could be turned into these places?

They could but then some outposts are often impossible to get to or escape from so it would probably be better to have outposts and forts dotting the land scapes and for places that are notorious for escaping from like the outpost south of fort argus then a fort half way in between the town and the outpost.

:scratch2: Not to burst anyone's bubble......... I do get the premise of the original "Fort" idea... BUT Don't the PVP Rings the PVP area and the Oil Rig kinda serve the same purpose:confused:

Yeah but often in pvp areas there is a rather high chance that you may get killed which does get rather annoying after a while. the perpose of the forts idea is a safe place for your soc to hang out without the danger of getting killed.

Yeah but often in pvp areas there is a rather high chance that you may get killed which does get rather annoying after a while. the perpose of the forts idea is a safe place for your soc to hang out without the danger of getting killed.

So.. a safe haven in a PVP area where you and your soc mates can just chill....

I do like this idea of Soc Bases...

Perhaps each Soc could "qualify" for a base or fort, using maybe total skills as a qualifier.. or even average skills.. Total skill / Number of members, so that you couldn't just qualify by setting up a soc with 1000 noobies.

The style of base could be dictated by the soc style.. A mercenaries camp would look very different to a Military Base.

A qualifying soc could even be offered a choice of potential locations for their base...

The size and features could be set to grow in line with the average or total skill level of the soc, although this might mean that taking on a new member caused your base to shrink, or lose a terminal.. Perhaps that idea needs a tweak.

I realise that many socs use appartments as bases, but there are drawback. The shared items thing is one.. if the appartment owner is not online, you just can't get at that weapon you want to use.. Terminals, or the lack thereof, is another...

I don't think it should be possible to storm and capture another soc's base, as once again higher skilled socs would just go on the rampage and take loads... but it would leave some scope for battles, event or games in and around your base...

Who else has ideas on this?

So.. a safe haven in a PVP area where you and your soc mates can just chill....

Well the safe haven doesn't really need to be in a pvp area, it could be close to a town or in the middle of the countryside

Last edited:
Nice ideas, but I see them two different things that don't have to be linked:

Forts /castles for Team PvP event, the winning soc captures control ,giving them extra features: TP to base, terminals, maybe shops etc ). Each fort / castle being fought over on a regular basis challenging soc paying an fee(go loot pool).The fort/castle might include a LA for the bigger ones (same as LG but with challenge system which limits the number of players (therfore the lag) , only the members the 2 socs would go head to head. With the different sized forts/ castles being only available socs based on a range of different skills per capita, this gives each soc a fairer chance to capture one . So the noobs can't be pitched against the ubers. Make any sense?

Society storage /inventory for all: does not matter how it is implemented as long items can be shared until they are recalled by the original owner...good uber items , Shops , hangars , LA etc, holder has all right except ability to trade it.

just my 2 pec

Nice ideas, but I see them two different things that don't have to be linked:

Forts /castles for Team PvP event, the winning soc captures control ,giving them extra features: TP to base, terminals, maybe shops etc ). Each fort / castle being fought over on a regular basis challenging soc paying an fee(go loot pool).The fort/castle might include a LA for the bigger ones (same as LG but with challenge system which limits the number of players (therfore the lag) , only the members the 2 socs would go head to head. With the different sized forts/ castles being only available socs based on a range of different skills per capita, this gives each soc a fairer chance to capture one . So the noobs can't be pitched against the ubers. Make any sense?

Society storage /inventory for all: does not matter how it is implemented as long items can be shared until they are recalled by the original owner...good uber items , Shops , hangars , LA etc, holder has all right except ability to trade it.

just my 2 pec

Yes thats exactly what i am try to get at :)

I like the idea of society held property. Fighting for it though, I think there should be options.

It would be nice to see a mirroring of Land Areas in that societies can either purchase a Fort from a communal fund or they can fight for a different fort.

However, I'm not sure about having to fight for it again and again. Imagine if the Fort had a common/shared storage area. You would have to move all the items out of the fort, including furnishings etc before each take-over attempt.

That would be a real pain in the arse.

Perhaps on a new continent or even around the many parts of Calypso that are available already, we could see more permanent holdings, either by purchase or by initial challenge. Once the fort is won, it is the society's for as long as at least one member of that society is active.

Some forts are bigger than others and worth fighting harder for etc.

Before this is implemented, I believe there should be a society financial system put in place. Meaning that society members can deposit monies toward the society via the society terminal. Only high ranking members of the society can manage those funds for large purchases like society owned property like these proposed forts or society owned land areas.

I see that this kind of functionality may play a large role with the government implementation that Marco|MindArk eluded to a while ago.

No. The "forts" are not just PvP arenas, but a base that you can control. I guess it depends how often ownership can changs hands.

Shades of Arathi Basin, i think...;)

Society interfaces and abilities need an overhaul anyway...throw it on the whiteboard...

Been thinking of functions for some time and gonna do a thread later... ;)
Wrote this for a year ago or so...
I had some ideas for some time ago, about soc-owned LAs.
One part was that the area doesnt have any building on them, but, you have
a lot, where you can build up a area with houses and buildings.
When soc has LA-deed, they contact MA, and make a request of what type
of buildings they want. Of course, every type of house and building has it
own special price.
These should go from simple and small farms, up to housecomplex lookin like a
castle, containing apartments that soc-members can rent of soc.

i agree with Akiran that having to fight again and again for it would be annoying, but there should be a way so that these change hands more oftem so that as soon as they are released they get claimed then no one else ever gets the chance to use them unless you get into that soc.

I am sure a large number of soc "bases" could easily be implemented without littering the landscape with them as the map is so big. Then have 10 or so different types. The uber soc's will want the biggest one's nearest places whey hunt for example. How cool would it be to have a fort just north of the formicada LA? Or change the outpost far west of troy near the bots/trox/spiders to a small soc base with revival etc... somehow socs could maybe get money out of this....maybe by amount things get sold to tt, or repaired they get a tiny tiny amount?? Maybe would not be great idea, but somehow something should be done to make them more "attractive" to visit. Cant have them turning out like apartments.

It is certainly a great idea.

Perhaps the society controlling a fort can only be challenged once every 60 days.

So every member in both societies gets say, 7 days (?) warning that a challenge will take place. Then there is a some huge fight, maybe lasting about an hour (?), and the challenging soc can either take the fort or not take the fort.

Also, I do believe that each soc should only be allowed to own one of the forts at any one time - so if a soc wins a challenge, they then lose their old fort.

So the important thing would be that there would need to be lots of forts, perhaps about 100 so virtually every organised society can get in on the act.

There would be lots of fun in selecting a fort to attack, sizing up the opposition, getting the right guns/armor together, making sure everyone is online etc. This would provide an almost continuous sideline to normal hunting.

At the highest end, societies with 10 people in Eon would be fighting against each other for a castle with small land area - and at the other end of the scale, two socs each with 20 noobs would be fighting for a beach hut with Opalos and MkIIs.

Back