Socks Proxy

NoseBleed

Hatchling
Hi, I'm currently behind a university firewall which block a load of ports, I can get some programs working using sockscap and a ssh tunnel to a proxy server, was wondering if this would work for Entropia.

Downloaded it yesterday but when I try to connect it says "Servers are down due to maintanence" etc, but on the splash loader thing it says "Servers 100%" am I being impatient and the servers are down for maintenence, or is it something else.

Thanks for any help ;)

The servers are not down. And I am not sure your method will work. I didn't ever try it with Entropia.

Cheers, I'll keep fiddling with it, need a way of loading the game directly without having to use that login window with the nwes posts etc :x

Thanks again :D

NoseBleed said:
Cheers, I'll keep fiddling with it, need a way of loading the game directly without having to use that login window with the nwes posts etc :x

Thanks again :D

I am sorry but you are most likley needed too :(

You need a ssh tunnel from a local router to an internet machine. You must have total control on both of them. The local router must be located after your PC and route all your traffic to the other router, or just the UDP traffic on the correct port. This is extremely hard to achieve as the security handshake must be successful, no filters or packet losses are allowed.

I remember when I was going in a school called portalen, They also had a Firewall blocking just about everything.
But I used Sockscap and yourfreedom to gain access to both Project entropia, World of warcraft and tibia. I tried on Steam, Didn't work tho. Since CS uses another port than steam anyways dosen't matter.
If you're going to play thru a proxy I suggest that you set one up at home or at someone who has a descent bandwitch. Eitherway you will be experience lag. =>

Well I work on the help desk at my uni and we get people asking to have ports unblocked for online games all the time so ring up your help desk tell them what ports you need un-blocking then sit back and cross your fingers :)

ahh Sockscap now thats old school :D *brings back memories*

rotten ice said:
Well I work on the help desk at my uni and we get people asking to have ports unblocked for online games all the time so ring up your help desk tell them what ports you need un-blocking then sit back and cross your fingers :)

and that actually works? :laugh:

Sockschain was my favorite. It allows you to create proxy chains, you can go over different kinds for http connections and can even change routes every few seconds. Used it to collect around 10 clones in some irc rooms... :rolleyes:

Those were the days... :)

The process is called socksification but I doubt it will work correctly every time with EU. Highjacking routes and using tunnels seems a better ideea IMO.

eg. Route the MA IP port subnet and all ports (or just the UDP port) to another remote router set to direct that traffic to the respective subnet. You will then virtually play with that IP but with your hardware setup. Lag is combined and increased by the extra connections.

rupie said:
and that actually works? :laugh:
we allow games at chester yes, i wasnt sure the first time I got asked but my boss says it was allowed

shame aswell if I knew earlier I spent my early days playing only ut because i never asked :(

Cheers for the extra help guys, will look further into it :)

I tried that myfreedom thing but Its not as fast as the proxy I have hosted atm, will have to give that sockschain thing a go :)

Sockcaps won't work because you're only running the Clientloader on it. After you key in your login/password, the Clientloader will launch the main PE.exe file which doesn't go thru Sockscap. That's why you're getting the conflicting messages.

NoseBleed said:
Hi, I'm currently behind a university firewall which block a load of ports, I can get some programs working using sockscap and a ssh tunnel to a proxy server, was wondering if this would work for Entropia.

Downloaded it yesterday but when I try to connect it says "Servers are down due to maintanence" etc, but on the splash loader thing it says "Servers 100%" am I being impatient and the servers are down for maintenence, or is it something else.

Thanks for any help ;)

ssh tunnel problem

Hi:
I have same problem, im using a ssh tunnel but it doesnt work. I get "server are offline". Tried freecap and proxycap same problem. The fact is that i can even log on second life but not on eu. Theres no firewall rules on ssh shell so.... Anybody is using eu by proxy or ssh tunnel?

Thanks a lot

Back