Suggestion: Solutions to keep certain hunting markup reasonable.

lethal

Prowler
lethal jewgirl saint
A lot of animal oils and other components are nearly TT food. I think introducing some useful blueprints could help this problem a bit. These blueprints would burn a lot of hunting loot, and use much less metal residue proportionally than existing guns to fill up to max tt value.

I think if there were some gun bps that took immense amounts of oil to do something useful, it would act as a way to keep oil/ hunting mats from going under a certain price or being oversaturated. I believe new reasonable limited gun bps would be a great way to do this, and adding an extra layer of crafting could be used to burn up even more material. Because the game has changed competitively, I don't think dps and levels need to be quite as strict anymore with items that don't offer a dpp or eff advantage over top end equipment and are limited items.

An example of a suggested bp
Enhanced LC-60 (L) blueprint (L)
level 65 maxed
105 DPS 62% EFF 3.0 DPP
decays twice as fast as armatrix guns
Max TT value= 400 PED
300 simple 1 conductors =90 ped TT(~200 PED of muscle oil burned to make this many and ~30 PED of eye oil)
400 animal pancreas oil=200 PED of pancreas oil
70 socket 5 component= 7 PED TT

total amimal loot used=297 PED of hunting loot*40% success=742.5 ped of hunting loot for one gun.

Edit, alternate suggestion is new components that convert most of the TT of oil into the component, and the rest into nanocubes. For example, you could put 50 ped of muscle oil in a refiner (I know it turns them into crates rn, but the concept is what's important) and out of that 50 ped of muscle oil, you would get a 10 ped component used in the gun bp, and 40 PED of nanocubes. This could also help people with low bankroll as they could keep getting rid of the nanocubes and hoarding the higher markup condensed component.

Last edited:
versus

Why should a crafter do this?

But i share the idea with you that animal oils should be consumed much more in crafting.(y)
Presumably the markup on the gun would cover it. His numbers need work but they're probably not going to do that

versus

Why should a crafter do this?

But i share the idea with you that animal oils should be consumed much more in crafting.(y)
I would do this as the components only cost as much or less than residue. If the gun had like 120% MU it would be profitable. I get that it's not very friendly low bankroll though.

5% TT loss* 300 ped TT per craft/40% success= 37.5 tt loss average per craft. ~103% average MU on a craft= ~23 ped per craft to markup. if the gun is 400 PED and sells for 120%, then that's 80 PED MU-60.5 cost= 19.5 PED profit without factoring the BP. 39.5 PED profit if the gun sells at 125%

There are already tons of uses for Animal Oils.

The problem is that most players bought into the fallacy of Unlimited gear instead of balancing their avatar skills so they can manufacture their own Limited gear. They're now stuck in a position where they would otherwise have access to a ton more DPS + the same relative DPP and EFF but can't manufacture it themselves leading them into a markup PED sink at the auction and shops.

Solution is to spend time repairing until you can craft your own repair tools + welding wire. Then you repair more until you can craft some Component Widgets + Tech Gizmos. You'll eventually get your manufacturing skills up enough so that you can manufacture your own gear and almost skip the auction entirely without having your PEDs locked up in inflated markup costs of Unlimited gear.

Everything in the game is connected and it was meant to be played by Hunting, Mining and Manufacturing TOGETHER.

Playing this way will keep your loot consistently cycling and those oils will get used up so quickly you'll always be wanting more.

Oh and funny enough it all gets RECYCLED back into Shrapnel for you to go shoot with! I know, crazy right?

There are already tons of uses for Animal Oils.

The problem is that most players bought into the fallacy of Unlimited gear instead of balancing their avatar skills so they can manufacture their own Limited gear. They're now stuck in a position where they would otherwise have access to a ton more DPS + the same relative DPP and EFF but can't manufacture it themselves leading them into a markup PED sink at the auction and shops.

Solution is to spend time repairing until you can craft your own repair tools + welding wire. Then you repair more until you can craft some Component Widgets + Tech Gizmos. You'll eventually get your manufacturing skills up enough so that you can manufacture your own gear and almost skip the auction entirely without having your PEDs locked up in inflated markup costs of Unlimited gear.

Everything in the game is connected and it was meant to be played by Hunting, Mining and Manufacturing TOGETHER.

Playing this way will keep your loot consistently cycling and those oils will get used up so quickly you'll always be wanting more.

Oh and funny enough it all gets RECYCLED back into Shrapnel for you to go shoot with! I know, crazy right?
The point of this is more to suggest extra uses and ways to burn as much hunting loot as possible while still giving it a purpose or home in the economy. The armatrix blueprints do this a bit, but they don't do a great job of burning enough to keep up with the amount generated by UL weapon users. This suggestion is to fill a role of players being able to do DPS usually outside of their level range, but under the condition that they have to burn a bunch of hunting loot in the process.

The point of this is more to suggest extra uses and ways to burn as much hunting loot as possible while still giving it a purpose or home in the economy. The armatrix blueprints do this a bit, but they don't do a great job of burning enough to keep up with the amount generated by UL weapon users. This suggestion is to fill a role of players being able to do DPS usually outside of their level range, but under the condition that they have to burn a bunch of hunting loot in the process.
There's no need for it. We should not cater to those who chose to unbalance the skills of their avatar and play outside of their overall avatar level. The market takes care of this on its own. If there's an oversupply, maybe you should try farming something else with you UL gear instead of expecting the system to bend to you. The only problem here is the players who don't understand supply/demand, the game itself outside of mashing F and the unbalanced skills of their avatars.

There's no need for it. We should not cater to those who chose to unbalance the skills of their avatar and play outside of their overall avatar level. The market takes care of this on its own. If there's an oversupply, maybe you should try farming something else with you UL gear instead of expecting the system to bend to you. The only problem here is the players who don't understand supply/demand, the game itself outside of mashing F and the unbalanced skills of their avatars.
I think there is a need for it 🤔 People with UL gear are an important part of the game and the integrity of the game would be questionable if they essentially screwed over the players who have invested the most into their game. (UL gear holders and land owners who benefit from players hunting more.) Making a limited economy that works alongside the UL economy is necessary. Understanding supply and demand doesn't change that the game benefits the most when the most players are cycling money. The more markup there is to be had, the more players can cycle, and keeping the supply low is part of what would keep markup high. The entire point of this thread is to try working in a way for hunters to use their excess resources, not to change the entire functionality of the playerbase to fix a problem.

Back