Some accumulated starter questions

Merkhadia

Hatchling
Kamilla Merkhadia Lay
Hello!

I have been playing for about 3 weeks now, and while continuously trying not to lose (much) PED hunting, some questions permeate my mind:

1. I have been skilling for Knifefighter and Biotropic by healing myself when needed to continue my slaughter. Some hunting sessions I get 70% and some 120% return, and I know it's all about RNG. What should I look for while hunting to achieve more skill gains on average? Are there spots/mobs with higher average skill rewards?

2. While checking Auctions, I notice a concentration of items listed on Calypso. That difference is due to the amount of players' activities there or is there another reason for that?

3. After I get into rank 6-ish codexes, some peculiar skill rewards become available, such as Telepathy, Translocation, Analysis, etc. Is there any skill I should consider acquiring from codex due to difficulty to achieve by other means?

4. The uL shortblades supply (for low levels) seems absent when compared to longblades or ranged weapons. In my mind, having a low-level uL SB (with decent efficiency, of course) might be useful in the long run. Is the market really scarce for SB or I'm just facing some kind of weird season?

Thanks in advance, and any further advice for a next step in my journey will be deeply appreciated!

Last edited:
1-A. Go wiki -> find mob with LOW hp/lv value -> grind (this should give you higher average skill gain)
1-B. Grind codex (this should give you fastest skill gain)

2. I don't know what you mean by concentrated items.... but make sure you check the MU by right clicking the item and look for the amount (volume) of trade occurring with the item. There are bunch of items that ppl don't even trade anymore.

3-A. Those mobs are called "Skill set 4" mobs, typically mobs with looter codex. Try searching "Looter codex" or "looter profession" in the forum, and you will see a post with list of mobs with those skills.
3-B. When Codex was first introduced, people tend to focus on getting skills related to HP gains, however, the trend has shifted now towards getting Looter profession skills. What skill contribute to what profession, you can easily search in Wiki .

4. For lower level UL-SB, there is really not much of option besides "Leoi shock dagger" or "Aakas fire dagger" or "Songkra corrosive dagger"
I can suggest you using LB which are "Hero's sword" or "Archon's sword" or "Philosopher sword" which has better efficiency% than those SBs listed above.

Hello!

I have been playing for about 3 weeks now, and while continuously trying not to lose (much) PED hunting, some questions permeate my mind:

1. I have been skilling for Knifefighter and Biotropic by healing myself when needed to continue my slaughter. Some hunting sessions I get 70% and some 120% return, and I know it's all about RNG. What should I look for while hunting to achieve more skill gains on average? Are there spots/mobs with higher average skill rewards?

2. While checking Auctions, I notice a concentration of items listed on Calypso. That difference is due to the amount of players' activities there or is there another reason for that?

3. After I get into rank 6-ish codexes, some peculiar skill rewards become available, such as Telepathy, Translocation, Analysis, etc. Is there any skill I should consider acquiring from codex due to difficulty to achieve by other means?

4. The uL shortblades supply (for low levels) seems absent when compared to longblades or ranged weapons. In my mind, having a low-level uL SB (with decent efficiency, of course) might be useful in the long run. Is the market really scarce for SB or I'm just facing some kind of weird season?

Thanks in advance, and any further advice for a next step in my journey will be deeply appreciated!
1. Never chase skills, chase markup, skills will come themselves over time, as long as you can break even during your hunts (in case you are rich, do some skilling, but be aware you will lose ton of money)
2. Don't understand the question
3. Analysis boosts your looter skills most, but defense skills are more useful as it will unlock you path for more markup in late-game.
4. I strongly suggest you to get yourself UL weapon with UL amp or no amp at all, the weapon that actually uses universal ammo (in that case you win 1% extra from that shrapnel you loot), aim for at least 60% efficiency weapon + amp

- Make sure you don't spend much money in defense and healing
- Find UL weapon in your budget, and use L to skill up to it, you will lose some on paying markup, but it will pay off over time.
- How to find markup? Easy! Open auction, and look for items that has some value and that is actually selling (you can check this by looking at charts under auction history of that item), next thing is to make sure you can actually hunt the mob that drops markup, and that's it.
- Some good markup hints - if tier 2 jumps in price, foul is not bad to hunt, as tier 2 is common loot, also if you can tackle chimera at NI, with a little bit of luck you can make some easy profit.

Calypso has the biggest population and biggest economy because it was the only planet for a long time and thus had a big headstart. Not easy for planet partners to build up and overcome that headstart. Good luck and have fun in Entropia.

1-A. Go wiki -> find mob with LOW hp/lv value -> grind (this should give you higher average skill gain)
1-B. Grind codex (this should give you fastest skill gain)

2. I don't know what you mean by concentrated items.... but make sure you check the MU by right clicking the item and look for the amount (volume) of trade occurring with the item. There are bunch of items that ppl don't even trade anymore.

3-A. Those mobs are called "Skill set 4" mobs, typically mobs with looter codex. Try searching "Looter codex" or "looter profession" in the forum, and you will see a post with list of mobs with those skills.
3-B. When Codex was first introduced, people tend to focus on getting skills related to HP gains, however, the trend has shifted now towards getting Looter profession skills. What skill contribute to what profession, you can easily search in Wiki .

4. For lower level UL-SB, there is really not much of option besides "Leoi shock dagger" or "Aakas fire dagger" or "Songkra corrosive dagger"
I can suggest you using LB which are "Hero's sword" or "Archon's sword" or "Philosopher sword" which has better efficiency% than those SBs listed above.
Thank you! That info about HP/Lv is golden.
Unfortunately, those longblades you cited are not listed at the moment. I'll continue to look around for better alternatives.

1. Never chase skills, chase markup, skills will come themselves over time, as long as you can break even during your hunts (in case you are rich, do some skilling, but be aware you will lose ton of money)
2. Don't understand the question
3. Analysis boosts your looter skills most, but defense skills are more useful as it will unlock you path for more markup in late-game.
4. I strongly suggest you to get yourself UL weapon with UL amp or no amp at all, the weapon that actually uses universal ammo (in that case you win 1% extra from that shrapnel you loot), aim for at least 60% efficiency weapon + amp

- Make sure you don't spend much money in defense and healing
- Find UL weapon in your budget, and use L to skill up to it, you will lose some on paying markup, but it will pay off over time.
- How to find markup? Easy! Open auction, and look for items that has some value and that is actually selling (you can check this by looking at charts under auction history of that item), next thing is to make sure you can actually hunt the mob that drops markup, and that's it.
- Some good markup hints - if tier 2 jumps in price, foul is not bad to hunt, as tier 2 is common loot, also if you can tackle chimera at NI, with a little bit of luck you can make some easy profit.
Thanks, I'll pursue the break even. It'll be a bit harder because I'm using chips to raise biotropic profession, but still, great advice about weapons and ammo usage.
Haven't been out of Calypso yet, so in terms of space/other planets I'm complete nooby noob

Everyone answered other questions but for question 2, Yes calypso is the most populated, thus having a bigger economy.

For question 4, I think there this dagger here for low levels for unlimited. http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&id=267

Unlimited options don't start happening for real until the mid 10s.

Here's the entropia wiki chart with all the weapons http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Weapon
Thanks for the links!

Calypso has the biggest population and biggest economy because it was the only planet for a long time and thus had a big headstart. Not easy for planet partners to build up and overcome that headstart. Good luck and have fun in Entropia.
Now that makes sense, I didn't know there was a first planet. Thanks and good luck to you too.

do you have a mentor? I'd suggest getting a seasoned player to be your mentor. Also, your mentor should be able to answer these questions for you.

go to webshop. Buy the starter gold package. Speed buff on there is ok but the armor isn't all that. However if you throw some plates on there like 5b or 6a it'll work til you get disciple armor, or gremlin, ghost, etc. The gun and amp there will get you by til you can afford an a101.

Go to Camp Icarus if you haven't already and talk to the npc next to the tp. The heal tool you get in the mini-beacon thing there is worth having. If you haven't done the bukin mission talk to the npc up in the building there next to the tp...

Low HP mobs will let you get codex up a bit. Puny around icarus are swell for that. chirpy and gibnib are over at medusa but they spawn slow so it's slow going on that. Icarus probably has most concentrated amount of low level mob anywhere in game other than on Arkadia Moon.

Blades are nice, but really you probably should think about going with long range long term. Short range and melee do up your skills since you get hit more but that same cost can add up over time if you are constantly having to repair armor. L armor does give same protection all the way through zero tt value so in many cases it's worth having, but finding full sets of certain sets isn't always easy.

Eventually you'll want to venture out in to other planets. Each planet has it's own starter missions and pros and cons... Maze hammer on Cyrene is nice melee weapon since it gives a small speed bonus as well. However it's fairly low tt so needs a lot of repairs over time unless you carry a bunch of them. (luckily the weight of those dropped some time ago so you can actually carry several). Epic Fap mission over there is nice too. Check out cyrene secrets website sometime.

Last edited:
1. hunt your level, use SIB guns with at least 8.5/10 in hit for a good ratio skill/return.

2. Yes, they dont even understand the question. "Huh? there is other planets ?" Is the reason the AH so active there. Even some of other planet resources can sell more there.

3. What would you chip in ?

4. Just more rare for some of them. Seems like EU got a CS:GO vibe. Gota have that cool knife. (many do look quite cool)

do you have a mentor? I'd suggest getting a seasoned player to be your mentor. Also, your mentor should be able to answer these questions for you.

I believe we have met in-game already... thanks! I do have a mentor and he's been helpful, but I have TOO many questions that sometimes is better to ask in these long, boring posts :LOL:

go to webshop. Buy the starter gold package. Speed buff on there is ok but the armor isn't all that. However if you throw some plates on there like 5b or 6a it'll work til you get disciple armor, or gremlin, ghost, etc. The gun and amp there will get you by til you can afford an a101.

Go to Camp Icarus if you haven't already and talk to the npc next to the tp. The heal tool you get in the mini-beacon thing there is worth having. If you haven't done the bukin mission talk to the npc up in the building there next to the tp...

Low HP mobs will let you get codex up a bit. Puny around icarus are swell for that. chirpy and gibnib are over at medusa but they spawn slow so it's slow going on that. Icarus probably has most concentrated amount of low level mob anywhere in game other than on Arkadia Moon.

Blades are nice, but really you probably should think about going with long range long term. Short range and melee do up your skills since you get hit more but that same cost can add up over time if you are constantly having to repair armor. L armor does give same protection all the way through zero tt value so in many cases it's worth having, but finding full sets of certain sets isn't always easy.

Eventually you'll want to venture out in to other planets. Each planet has it's own starter missions and pros and cons... Maze hammer on Cyrene is nice melee weapon since it gives a small speed bonus as well. However it's fairly low tt so needs a lot of repairs over time unless you carry a bunch of them. (luckily the weight of those dropped some time ago so you can actually carry several). Epic Fap mission over there is nice too. Check out cyrene secrets website sometime.

Thanks, but I'm past that starting progress. Currently at level 10 knifefighter and complete all starter missions on Calypso.
Didn't know there are starter missions on other planets, maybe I should have a look.

1. hunt your level, use SIB guns with at least 8.5/10 in hit for a good ratio skill/return.

2. Yes, they dont even understand the question. "Huh? there is other planets ?" Is the reason the AH so active there. Even some of other planet resources can sell more there.

3. What would you chip in ?

4. Just more rare for some of them. Seems like EU got a CS:GO vibe. Gota have that cool knife. (many do look quite cool)

1. Ok

2. Makes even more sense now

3. Chip in as in buy a skill implant and use if I had the PED to do so?

4. Makes sense.

Thanks

Yup, that will be the skill you desire most for whatever reason you have.

Thanks!

When killing animals, scan them with tt scanner before killing each mob as it gives you scanning skills which later unlocks Scientist that gives hp increase for every 1600 lvl. Also with scanning you gets Perception that helps with improving loot returns.
Check this out - http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Activity&id=1

Also for Meta Guide check this out for 350+ meta using tt weapons - https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/meta-codex.281989/post-3812342

That information is golden, thank you so much! Didn't know it was possible to advance that much in Meta with starting weapons

I think I'm not the best person to answer, because I've been here for years and I've never been able to find the balance, just spend, so....
But I can tell you that there are places where you can get mark up and abilities at the same time...

TOULAN: for me, the best planet. It has daily missions that are "hourly" and pay skills... some mobs are easy: Tab-Tab, Dahar, Caborias... tabtab skin has a lot of MU, and on 3 occasions they have given me globals of more than 300peds... Caborias go global with ease... Qaffaz has a nice blue skin that sells well in quantities...

ROCKTROPIA: Ruined planet but the vixens give some easy to get gear with MU up to 400%... the entry point for noobs to earn some cash...

NEXT ISLAND: My second best planet... Papoo... easy to make and they give good skills... Chimeras now give a component of which I have already been able to sell 7 for between 150-200 peds... now the price will have dropped... Cyclopes and Argues give global, and stones of good MU... Lot of daily missions too...

CYRENE: Seawrith, Tree Monkey, Dire Weed... there are missions to kill thousands, but they give some components with MU and sometimes good global ones... the Scout Bot too... and a lot of missions for tokens easy to use or to sell...

ALWAYS, when in doubt, Wikipedia... sometimes it's not updated but it's a good guide... or specific pages about the planet...

https://www.nihelper.com/

I think I'm not the best person to answer, because I've been here for years and I've never been able to find the balance, just spend, so....
But I can tell you that there are places where you can get mark up and abilities at the same time...

TOULAN: for me, the best planet. It has daily missions that are "hourly" and pay skills... some mobs are easy: Tab-Tab, Dahar, Caborias... tabtab skin has a lot of MU, and on 3 occasions they have given me globals of more than 300peds... Caborias go global with ease... Qaffaz has a nice blue skin that sells well in quantities...

ROCKTROPIA: Ruined planet but the vixens give some easy to get gear with MU up to 400%... the entry point for noobs to earn some cash...

NEXT ISLAND: My second best planet... Papoo... easy to make and they give good skills... Chimeras now give a component of which I have already been able to sell 7 for between 150-200 peds... now the price will have dropped... Cyclopes and Argues give global, and stones of good MU... Lot of daily missions too...

CYRENE: Seawrith, Tree Monkey, Dire Weed... there are missions to kill thousands, but they give some components with MU and sometimes good global ones... the Scout Bot too... and a lot of missions for tokens easy to use or to sell...

ALWAYS, when in doubt, Wikipedia... sometimes it's not updated but it's a good guide... or specific pages about the planet...

https://www.nihelper.com/

Amazing info, I really appreciate your contribution. Thanks!

Back