Something Big Coming?

Numa

Prowler
Society
Peaceful Torture
Dirk Numa Pitt
Something i have been pondering over with this Skill Adjustment system like all VU updates. Do MA have an ulterior motive?

These are my thoughts on this update.

Is there a reason that new players can skill faster? Is there something big coming? Are there enough Uber players with good enough skills to handle what it could be? All the changes to what the mobs are doing? Robots on the Rampage, changes to the Atrox breed for that unique hunt. Is there something really big in the works, where there will be one big all out war between the Calypso population and an Alien force??

I know this is all speculation, but it makes for interesting thinking and gets us away from the negative thoughts on this VU Update for now.

Your thoughts are all welcome. And keep the neg to a minimum. :laugh:

Actually does seem a good theory IMO, was wondering if a MASS LG on Amethera with all land avaliable is perhaps on way and obviously all socs will need max skill in order to claim a piece (perhaps minimum Lg requirements again?).

Or like you say perhaps an All out War with the Robots? Which other than "LAG" would make Gameplay an absolute Laugh. Would love to see all the Brand new Noobs running for cover in the Buildings/Mobile units or firing at Warriors and Drones with Jesters, as the more capabale players defend all the cities! :laugh:

Or then again perhaps its just to stop the Ubers getting further Uber while the rest of us struggle to keep pace.

As you all know I love to speculate about whats comeing and this seems to a resonable thoery as there is defeintly something going on with robots ie working up to a robot war maby ma want people to get there skills up so more people can fight (spend money) on the robot wars.

Well now.
Some of my skills arent rising, or barely rising at all.
All my skills above 4000 are SLOW... veryvery slow.

Maybe MA expect me to hunt larger creatures than what I hunt now.
But no can do, they'll eat me :)

Well... looks like a new line of depositing coming up, for heavier armour.

Last VU it was new players that were pissed because of the sweating/trapping changes.

I don't believe any robot wars are coming - the fact that its easier for noobs to get skills easier (up to a certain level) is probably a response to people saying the game was getting too tough for new players to get involved.

rstock said:
for heavier armour.

That seems like a more realistic answer for med lvl players who are now stuck with extremely slow skill gains. We are told that in order to get decent skill raises, these players will have to take on riskier mobs and for that they need to buy bigger guns, better armor + fap.
New armor has been announced (some of it seen) aimed at these players - expensive armor too.
We are told new weapons are coming, maybe these will also be aimed at mid lvl players. It's just new fap's that are needed.

Hmmm... interesting quandry. It would be cool if something like that happened. But being a realist i would say the trend leans towards more money dumped in. I like it and I am having fun with the new VU trying to figure out what gets skills raised faster, but it doing so I have discovered that things that have higher decay and fire more ammo get more skills.

Now! That being said, i am not being negative. If you ask me this is something that was a long time coming. EVVVVERY MMO game that comes to mind you kill and kill and kill at a certain level then they become grey (or not worth any XP or loot). Since PE is different in the fact that you can still receive W00T off of lower level characters it doesnt work out quite the same. Personally i think it would be cool (with all this spawning all around me while i try to get somewhere) if, as you progressed, the smaller creatures didnt attack you and the loot system was more balanced to, small creatures little or no loot. Big creatures mid-better loot. Scary creature, mega loot.

This may be what they are heading towards. if they just said, ok. Noobs will have NO CHANCE of getting a HoF at the current level there would be outrage and people wouldnt sign up or would leave. If they said, here everyone. Noobs will be noobs for a shorter amount of time therefore moving into the mid level mobs, making it EASIER to loot better. It wouldnt be so bad.

Just my thoughts.. and tooooo many of them

Shutting up now.

Suicide

I was wondering about this as well yesterday and talked to some people on irc about it.
Ever since the unique blade quest when they started talking in cl about the troxies being genetically modified or something I was wondering if there was something coming. Some evil scientist messing around with the mobs or maybe the robots did it. Always these cryptic messages from MA like this VU with the "creature activity increased, by some strange notion..." and mobs migrating NE like lemmings. But we never get to know the full story behind it, the trox quest stopped when the item was found and nothing more was revealed about the circumstances of the killing. I would love to see some sort of big story driven event happening to keep things interesting.
Or maybe we're just reading too much into what they say in the client loader

it would be an idea to have storyline updates in the VU even without it being an event.
i think that some the ideas satated are plausible seeing the fact that we also have been "gathering robot artefacts for research" which is a possible lead up to some kind of robot war (i hope) where we have a robot attack every week or so and maybe when they open up the new parts of amethera we will have a "robot base" (prolly in the NW part "close" to TI) which we all have to work together to manage to capture kind of like planetside but with robos instead ;)

mjukis said:
the trox quest stopped when the item was found and nothing more was revealed about the circumstances of the killing.

were all the other unique items that were mentioned ever found?

wanda said:
were all the other unique items that were mentioned ever found?

Nope.. they said, ONE of the unique items was found and that was it. I doubt there is a unique item out there because it behoves them to annouce it so every person in the game buys shitloads of ammo and kills everything in sight.

Suicide

Here's my 50 Cents - (Go Shorty, Its your birthday... etc).

Noobs are noobs for too long, and they're hoping that by giving them skills quicker, that they will start depositing more. The whole thing at the moment is that you're not supposed to use bigger guns until you have the skills to use them, and so people keep using low ammo burn guns killing small mobs. So not much expenditure on decay and ammo by the largest part of the player base (which is the noobs). By making the skills rise faster, the noobs should be able to use the bigger guns sooner, and so deposit sooner. MA wants to get away from the whole skilling thing (spending hours auto-clicking weak-ass mobs with low ammo burn guns).

This is a brilliant move I think, because the problem with this game, is that it takes too long to get anywhere. If you look at the other MMORPG's people seem to advance to a "playable" level much quicker IMO.

And on another point, and I don't know if anyone else has made this observation, but is LAG getting really bad now, despite all the "anti-lag" measures? I kind of suspect MA has decreased their amount of servers, and is balancing the new load on less servers than before. Could this be to cut costs? or is it that they're making servers available for new area's on Amethera? I know the apartments must use quite a bit of CPU time, but what else could it be? IS this a bad sign ? is this a good sign?? Thoughts ???

I think one thing that MA is trying to stress, and with VERY good reason, is team hunting. If we hunt in teams, we are more capable of taking on larger creatures, and larger groups of creatures, and instead of 2k PED going to one lucky individual, it instead is spread between many.

I like the idea of this, and applaud them if this is their intention. I know that what MA has done so far is not perfect, but I have enough faith in them to believe that they will make it work :)

The Mighty said:
And on another point, and I don't know if anyone else has made this observation, but is LAG getting really bad now, despite all the "anti-lag" measures? I kind of suspect MA has decreased their amount of servers, and is balancing the new load on less servers than before. Could this be to cut costs? or is it that they're making servers available for new area's on Amethera? I know the apartments must use quite a bit of CPU time, but what else could it be? IS this a bad sign ? is this a good sign?? Thoughts ???

I believe it is simply the fact that the servers now have 5-10 .. maybe 20 times as many mobs as they did pre-vu.

Just an idea coming in my head : as animals' number is increasing, and as there are robot related events, maybe will the robots tame animals with some robot parts like implants in order to attack us. And then, It will open the door to taming, allowing us to create tamed creatures with DNA and robots parts.
What do you think of that?

Phobia said:
I think one thing that MA is trying to stress, and with VERY good reason, is team hunting. If we hunt in teams, we are more capable of taking on larger creatures, and larger groups of creatures, and instead of 2k PED going to one lucky individual, it instead is spread between many.

I like the idea of this, and applaud them if this is their intention. I know that what MA has done so far is not perfect, but I have enough faith in them to believe that they will make it work :)

thats an intersting theory ;)
but then again i think its jsut to get more ppl to go hunt nice mobs so the loot pool fills up faster and you then dont have 4+ several k ped loots a day but maybe 10+ this will make all the noobs think "hey its easy to get a big hof since there are so many" and therefore make them hopefully deposit so as to hunt the big mobs with guns way too big for their noob skills and then this will again increase the loot pool etc etc etc...

just my 2 cents :p

ufcfl said:
Just an idea coming in my head : as animals' number is increasing, and as there are robot related events, maybe will the robots tame animals with some robot parts like implants in order to attack us. And then, It will open the door to taming, allowing us to create tamed creatures with DNA and robots parts.
What do you think of that?

sounds more like "creating" an animal than taming :wise:
i think it will take awhile before we can do anything like that :p
we already seem to have everything for taming ingame anyway ie. whips and nutrio bars. :)

Here is my 2 peds. MAs latest statements shows that the ubers have learned how to master some parts and are making a "fortune" doing it . My guees is that they will do this to make some of them go away and leave room for new ppl to take their place. Thats the only thing that makes sense to me. Maybe the do not benefit on the players that are on topp and want them to leave room for new ppl cause these are the ppl surrendering peds on their way up. Not sure thou just speculating :). Who knows what the future will show ;)

sav: I highly doubt that MA is trying to drive anyone away from the game, they're simply forcing people to skill on mobs that are appropriate for their skill level, so that the people at the bottom and middle of the level gap can have a chance to catch up.

Zylex: While hunting "nice" mobs may be better for a single person to get good loot for the PED they spend, it is not a good way to gain skills. I was out last night with MudKicker hunting Formidon, Armax Guards, etc. and we were both getting tons of skills, and pretty good loots as well (one of those chinese-style tables w00t). If I go out and kill Atrax Young-Dominant by my lonesome, I get maybe 100 skills in the entire hunt.

I believe there's a 90% chance that MA is trying to get people to team hunt. The no-trapping enforcement, the way mobs "ping pong" when multiple people are shooting them (regardless of damage), and the increased amount of skills gained from hunting harder mobs with multiple people. All of those things are direct indicators of my theory.

mUAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAaa

In theory, goto the NE corner of the map and 'push' all the mobs into the water. DEATH TO EVERYTHING!

Just walk close to them, but dont get within their 'aggressive' range. As you keep walking closer, they'll start walking NE.. If they stop, just wait a minute or two and they'll continue NE.

After the massive genocide, start hunting bery, corn and neconu in the area, depending on what your skills are. Maybe loots will be better. ;)

Back