Something completely different

Dante

Stalker
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Dante "Ghost" Bleach
Hey people, I thought I'd write down some of my experiences throughout my gaming period. I've seen a lot, done a lot and been in a lot of places, had bad periods, I had good periods.

I just want to show what Entropia has been for me and what it is now. I started this game (yes to me it is a game) almost 4 years ago, just 2 more months short. That brings me to the first thought in my mind, I've never played a MMORPG for more than approximately 3 months! I've been in the big titles and no they weren't interesting after a while, same stuff, so what you get better, there was always a cap and I didn't like it.

Entropia obviously has been made for the long run, I would be left with a bad experience if I'd quit this in the early days sweating my ass off for 2-5 bottles per successful pull (yes they were actually worth 4 pec per bottle or so).

When I first joined this I started sweating myself, I had quite some fun in the beginning, learning the mobs running around, I was amazed. Each time I ran somewhere there was something new! I couldn't believe my own eyes, same happened when I approached some of the mobs that would kill me so damn fast, how were people able to kill those!

In short, this universe literally unveiled itself in front of me, it was one hell of an experience, but to the early amazement came and end, I started to explore a bit, I didn't know anyone other than my brother. Then we reached camp phoenix! Wow so many green dots! I started to know people, it was fun socializing and I was getting money.

A few weeks later sweating got boring, I decided to put some money in, I ended up depositing 10$ and started getting some mining equipment. Most people I talked to only said to start mining when you were "better" but I ignored that, I just wanted to do what I wanted!
So I got the TT equipment and was ready to roll! I got out in the field and dropped a seismic bomb on the ground..... what happens next?! I don't know it was just lying there on the floor! My bro was next to me and said press the button! So I did and the bomb exploded! WOW! The floor even turned black. A few seconds later I found something, it was pretty nice, 5 PED! As I continued my inexperienced mining run I had a very nice profit from doing it. Mining got me hooked for sure!

I then decided to deposit some more, 20$, that's going to be fun! I did pretty much everything I wanted to do on the small mobs, I got my Axe 2x0 and cut my way through the fierce cornundacauda that killed me while sweating at Zychion Citadel! It felt great I tell you, it gave me confidence I could handle anything now! So I chopped on a feffoid and died......

At the revive terminal I noticed one of those other guys, he had one huge rifle, I asked what it was and he said it was a Marber Bravo plasma rifle, I was like I got to get me one of those, everyone had them, they must be good. So I bought one at low TT for +10 PED. I also got myself some pixie armor. I got out to the field again and killed quite a bit of monsters, to my amazement there were items in loot! I looted some A103 amplifiers, those must be quite nice although markup was only +1 ped.

Well time passed on ingame and I got more interested into the other fields of Entropia, I deposited 20$ every 2 months and my PEDcard was growing while I mined, hunting didn't seem to work for me very well. I continued my mining runs equipped with a jester D1 +A104 against aggroing mobs.
After some time I discovered the other continent and started mining there, I wasn't doing very good on land and after a "accidental" bomb in the water I noticed I could mine underwater too!
That was my new goal, underwater mining, you never saw anyone mining on the bottom. As soon as I started I got my first global, what was that!!! I almost fell off my chair, adrenalin rushing through my veins, did I just find 63 PED!!? Yes, fun thing was you had to extract it first, I was getting more and more and more, I thought this was a nice find! Then it was done BWAM!

Underwatermining was my new profession, as long as I stayed underwater I kept profiting, I think in a few months I quadrupled my deposit money by doing this, I started to know the patterns and knew exactly where to drop bombs and where the hits would be.

More time passed by and I was still so excited about this universe, one thing that was buggin me were the ubers, how could we ever compete with them? Since I didn't have the money I couldn't do much about it. In those days it seemed completely out of range forever.

I'll just jump a bit forward to the upcoming (L) guns, I chipped out several times already because I wanted some money back, I was playing it the old fashioned way, it's all an investment, and you want investments back!
So whenever I started losing money I'd chip out leaving me without skills.

Little more than a year back I changed my attitude in this game. Instead of seeing it as an investment I went to the position of simply paying for the fun and considering the money gone. This helped a lot and really, made it much more fun as I couldn't care less about losing PED anymore, I may note though that I'm paying around 1000-2000 PED per month now to play the way I like.

With the introduction of the (L) guns and armor I suddenly noticed that they were pretty bad ass, with the LR53 I'd be able to kill someone in 1 hit (unarmored and not very high HP). I figured this would be quite possible getting into the slightest bit of competition against ubers, which was completely out of the question years back with a jesterD1.

This gave me a new goal, skilling up to use these kind of weapons, along the way I unlocked some skills in the hunting profession, that was so great, you actually got something for your efforts. At this very moment I got to the point where I maxed the LR53, the CB24 and going for SIB on the Svempa X1.

I can type 25 pages of text about my great adventure in this universe. The people are great, I love the societies and the things we do within them.

I just wanted to show something completely different than the usual posts that come by and I hope maybe some others can see the good things now too.

I want to thank MA for this great platform they've built, I've spent so much good time in here and I'm sure with current developments I will be here for much longer. I'm sure I will meet lots of good people further down the run and I hope many more people can tell a great story about a superb experience in a world called Entropia.

Thanks everyone :)

Nice story there mate :)

So I got the TT equipment and was ready to roll! I got out in the field and dropped a seismic bomb on the ground..... what happens next?! I don't know it was just lying there on the floor!
:laugh:

+REP for bringing back memories. These were the times I will never forget, sweating Faucervixes, Daikibas or even Atraxes in the "Sweat farm" South Of Nymphtown, while getting 1-5 bottles and constantly running from outpost nearby while getting killed by mobs which were no longer "trapped" or sweating at Camp Phoenix spaceships. :laugh:

Nice story...

I went through exactly the same things, but my positive feelings lost about EU.

Been at zychion, camp phonix... hit sweatcap
Started to depo and enjoyed playing for 10-20USD per week.

Then nerf after nerf came.

Conditions totaly changed...

I kept investing ... had to depo 100-300usd per month to keep my progress.

And got a huge :censored: in my :censored:... without garcen!

So stopped depo.
Now I am back to the level where I have been 4 years ago.
Most of the time chasing small mobs in gnome with axe 0x2 and living up all the stuff I gathered over the years.

My 'investment' slowly disappairs ... and that screams for blood.

It seems I switched over from investments to paying for fun just at the right time. I have withdrew 3000 PED once which was little more than my investments the first 2 years.

My 13k garcen hit back in the days did help a lot with that (although 5k of it got scammed by my former soc leader), I can remember being negative a lot back 1,5 year or so for exactly the reasons you are saying Ral, now that I simply pay I have much more fun. Yet money is very different of meaning to almost everyone, I can't be bothered paying 75-150 euro per month but there are many others that rather spend their money in a different place, which I can understand completely.

........... The larch:yay:

Ghost, + rep for your allways possitive attitude.

this game needs ppl like you , and you are one of the few that also know this game needs new players. i remember the time u were in nea and started a quiz for noobs and u gave away free items for ppl who knew the name of a mob u descibed.
youre a awwsome guy Dante, and good to hear youre still pos. :)

greetings nar.

Thanks nar, and the rest.

I just wanted to take a look at the positive side for once in the end it all seems worth it, not many people talk about the positive things.

Also nar, I'm planning on another set of those events, I'm saving up items agai in my storage ::)

Back