Suggestion: Space Ball Sacks - Rant

forgo

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Forgo Forgorth Lundain
So tonight I had a really frustrating experience in space I would like to share and warn others about.

I got up into space and started to leave Calypso station.

I see a green quad, is Kronan warp pilot, regular streamer.
Figure not a threat , as I went to his twitch channel in support a few times, and chatted without issues. Think he even owns a shop, so kind of silly to be out pirating.

So thats the one issue:
Common Kronan pilot in green quad killing his twitch viewers, cause shitainteasy or something.

I don't actually care about the kill, I was disappointed his skills sucked so bad I didn't even get some deep space knowledge gains.

But people should know if there are twitch streaming warp pilots and shop owners out being idiots in green quads.

The next issue....

The guy cant miss.

I literally have out strafed (4 directional) actual pilots 2 at a time from caly SS to planet and lived with over 1/2 health, I spent months in space, hunt there often, know what is normal and what is not. This guy you cannot out maneuver...which...we aren't dumb here...we all know how that targeting system is and should work.

Dunno for sure, don't care, seems abnormal.

So I am thinking some kind of aim bot....which I reported.

The next issue.....

I cant fire my laser to defend myself.

Self explanatory, not only at the time of the pirate kill (the only option was to try to bee-line for CP), but the whole flight back to Ark, went by a hunting area on the way over, and could not click fire, could not auto fire(did show the highlight in ammo window, and it did it over several servers, so was not lag...I left it in auto fire from hunting to ark, never fired.), and could not select use item from right click menu.

I only ever had this happen one time before that I can recall, and it was after a pirate came at me near caly as well.

So I am thinking I don't know...MA shit code again? Did the pirate do something to my ship? No clue, didn't work the whole time. And yes I checked, the laser is 23.08 tt left. and had the same amount of uni ammo as I left.

The last issue.....

MA making me feel even more like the idiot I already am.

The meaning of Forgo, is forgetting the t.
I have a severe brain injury, my memory was destroyed over 12 clinical deaths. I totally should have remembered when I left ark, to put the loot able pills back (about 315 ped worth) into the storage, since I brought them via warp to ark to sell in the first place.

But...I am an idiot and did not remember. I didn't even remember I left them on me to Caly until the buyer came asking back on Ark.

Its bad enough not remembering what your kids births were like or what they were like as a baby, or all of your life skills, let alone being reminded in a game that..... I most certainly forget shit, by direct punishment.

I don't blame the pirate as much as the system. Yes I am the idiot who forgot, this is nothing new, but the system is so illogically set up it is not only infuriating to me, but the people who were wanting to buy the pills, and the people in soc who despise this kind of activity, and anyone else who rightfully stands up and says this system is ridiculous.

So how about for some of the people in the world who struggle with memory, if we are even worth caring for:

A popup perhaps to let us know we actually have loot that can be taken.

So easy, an ability to abort the flight if need be by flying back to the SS and TP'ing back down, before its an issue.

The message

to Players: Be warned, some not so smart pirates in green quads that pilot warp ships and own shops , some not working lasers, and the same old we don't want you to know you have loot you forgot about trick.

And to wanna be pirates: Probably already noticed a few friends drop off, a bad reputation with sales in mind can really be a difficult time here. Your loss more than mine for sure, I buy lots of things every day, so do my friends.

Think again if it is worth one twitch follower lost, and whatever I might have bought from, or directly sold to you. You may be thinking 300 PED loot is awesome. That is only 15 minutes of hunting for me, and only a tiny fraction of my mayhem token stack, so its such a moot point its kind of funny. But on days I'm buying several k's of materials for craft, you will be sure I will avoid everything you sell.

to MA: Simple really....something less idiotic and infuriating on the player base as that design is. And some consideration for people with memory issues, most of us are getting into our senior years by now anyhow. ;)

I do love this game and very much appreciate that it has given me the only outlet to attaining actual wealth with my issues and limited income *, but for the love of the loot gods, make it at least make sense.

Thanks for being there for my space rant :cool:

Game on.

*am just over 5 million PED equivalent in net worth equity gained in 2 homes from reinvested Entropia withdraws since starting in 2006 when my net worth was 0 and homeless without a past or a skill. Great market here, but would never have happened if I didn't have that cash out money in 2008 when everything was perfect to buy after the crash.

Last edited:
Put lootales into some container like vehicle inventory or a box.
This way game won't let you leave the planet.

MA space is a big mess.

Space can be pretty confusing, and I've had people accuse me of killing them when I was in a ship with no guns.

Names? Screencaps, Anything? PM if you want to rant full out...

Karma is tied to ships so you can change karma or triangle color like a suit of clothes in this game. Triangle colors in space are worse than useless.

Wonderful... you cant name a person in PCF thread, yet you name a ship and say he is one of my pilots. Thereby in effect calling myself and my crew pirates. I have a strict rule about piracy and that is that we do NOT have pirates on Kronan,
If any of my crew ever pirate they are promptly removed from my guest list, and all crew advised why.

I would appreciate therefore if you pm me the name of the pirate in this rant. Though if it is the name I suspect (streamer etc) then he was removed from Kronan many months ago, having turned pirate and having shot one of our ships and his shipmates to announce it to us.

I am however very sorry to hear of your RL issues and ofc that you were looted and totally get the need to rant.

It only stops you if there's something in the inventory of the vehicle you're flying. In other vehicles and boxes you can have as much stuff as you can fit in there, and so can your passenger.

I think I know both the players your talking about here .

The first one was removed from Kronan as soon as it became apparent that he had turned to the dark side , he also streams this , I thought every one knew he had turned pirate.

The second one has been noticed that he never seems to miss as well by me and a lot of others . Not sure whats going on here.

The first one was removed from Kronan as soon as it became apparent that he had turned to the dark side , he also streams this , I thought every one knew he had turned pirate.

The second one has been noticed that he never seems to miss as well by me and a lot of others . Not sure whats going on here.

Agreed.. This individual's Impish behavior makes for good streaming but he is definitely not Kronan crew since turning to piracy. I would like to see a retraction from the OP on this.

Also, please do not look at the color of the arrow as an indication of friend/foe. MA's karma system is a joke and has never worked properly.

Regarding not being able to shoot despite having ammo - I always (try to remember to) check if I can fire before, or right after, leaving a space station. If I can't, I land, pickup and respawn Quad to fix.

I think happens when I repair damaged ship after hunting and go back out with out re-spawning, but not sure of the exact conditions to replicate (i.e. was ship destroyed/spawned/fixed/bugged or was ship only damaged/fixed/bugged), but it has happened to me occasionally for years. I don't think it ever happened when entering space from a planet.

Peace, Miles

hola

:cool:he called me aim botter :p thanks man thats a great compliment.

I mean he could of just looked at the soc name :confused:

Another space thread about campers who can't pvp.

MA should remove safe zone near SS, 99% of these "pirates" would leave the space. Shooting someone in the back from safe zone is not pvp.

Another space thread about campers who can't pvp.

MA should remove safe zone near SS, 99% of these "pirates" would leave the space. Shooting someone in the back from safe zone is not pvp.

Yeah let's do that! Hell yeah!

MA space is a big mess.

Incorrect.

I have been unknowingly hauling all my pills and make up, which I had on handbags, around space for years.
Luckily I never got shot in space before I found out they were all lootable.

I think it only goes for vehicle storage in the vehicle you fly.

All other storages will let you take stackables into space.

I think the warning sign before entering space would be a great idea and will prevent alot of grief!

The guy cant miss.

I literally have out strafed (4 directional) actual pilots 2 at a time from caly SS to planet and lived with over 1/2 health, I spent months in space, hunt there often, know what is normal and what is not. This guy you cannot out maneuver...which...we aren't dumb here...we all know how that targeting system is and should work.

Dunno for sure, don't care, seems abnormal.

So I am thinking some kind of aim bot....which I reported.

If he knows your not shooting back, no need to rush his shots, so the miss rate drops a lot. Plus I've fought imp several times, he's nothing special, and he doesn't aimbot. :lam:

As for the 2v1 on the way to the planet, from caly ss, they must have been really noobie pirates that were just getting used to the aiming system or you were just at the tip of their range before they hit the pvp zone and started shooting...

Anyway, I want to know how ya didn't know who exactly was attacking you, but you remember him piloting the kronan? When imp was on our side months ago before he turned pie rat, he barely ever piloted, and almost never worked as gunner during warps... so... kinda weird ya just throw that out, but cant remember his name.

So ya... weird situation there... but anyway, GL in space, don't bring loot if ya don't got a warp silly.

oh and kismet bug has been around forever, although only recently started acting up again, think since the ark moon update, but I could be wrong. Sheesh, how many good ambushes I've set up against pirates that have been ruined because my kismet decides it doesn't wanna work right now :hammer:

He's Kronan repair crew, pilot, streamer and proud of it :). Kronnie FTW!

Well he did fly into kronan as an nve member

Never trust Karma!!! There are some tricks they using (and I use too sometimes as countermeasures), to appear Quad in green or tottaly inactive etc. A good strategy is to spend some time (lot of time sometimes) and observe the space around SS before you push R. Ofc if you in hurry your risk is more.

Well who would have guessed it the pirate Pelzak tells lies. Impn was a member of Kronan crew when he turned pirate, but was removed from crew as soon as I was informed. In the absence of a crystal ball and other tools of clairvoyance I was unable to remove him in advance of his change of gameplay.

Well he did fly into kronan as an nve member
I don't doubt he did if only to show off. Probably found it hysterically funny to fly in and out with an NVE tag before I got the info and removed him.

I have no issue with him choosing piracy, MA have allowed even encouraged this as a game choice. But just like in RL when you change team or change job to go work for a competitor, it is normally good manners to let your friends and colleagues know and make a clean break of it.
Impn was more worried about having fun and streaming to his fans than showing any respect to those who had offered him friendship, help, training, that I do take issue with.

He is not the first member of our crew to go to the 'dark side' and I very much doubt he will be the last. We can only deal with it as it happens. But the Kronan has never knowingly worked with pirates and never will while I am owner.

Well who would have guessed it the pirate Pelzak tells lies. Impn was a member of Kronan crew when he turned pirate, but was removed from crew as soon as I was informed. In the absence of a crystal ball and other tools of clairvoyance I was unable to remove him in advance of his change of gameplay.

Killing and looting NVE and Kronan, if that means im a pirate, I am one (still got shadowplay vids and screens). I was, no more space drama for me. Since im in game day one for me always was clear who's who.:cool:

Update: We have that new "Stackables alert" now and won't let you fly without checking your stuff. This is helpful.

Last edited:
Honestly, like... you guys need to go play candy crush or something. Now we need a pop up that says - hey, you have loot?

You get one pop up before you go into space that you literally have to click. You get another popup when you're in space. Your PVP indicator turns flashing red, and before that it's yellow. BTW - you can't disable any of these things.:tongue2:

Oh, let's not forget the bigggggg banner that says lootable pvp zone when you enter it.

Please explain why more warning is needed? lol.

I dunno... I don't get it.

Honestly, like... you guys need to go play candy crush or something. Now we need a pop up that says - hey, you have loot?

You get one pop up before you go into space that you literally have to click. You get another popup when you're in space. Your PVP indicator turns flashing red, and before that it's yellow. BTW - you can't disable any of these things.:tongue2:

Oh, let's not forget the bigggggg banner that says lootable pvp zone when you enter it.

Please explain why more warning is needed? lol.

I dunno... I don't get it.

Space was designed as a boarder to separate planet economies, with the intention of having each planet have it's own economy. Piracy/random killing for loot was enabled to enforce this boundary by offering incentive to pvp'ers wanting to kill people spawning at, then leaving space stations. The whole point of this was to keep players from moving lootables between planets to keep market values of planet specific goods higher on other planets.

They did not design it with the intention of pirates making profits on brain farts, they did it to keep people from knowingly moving large amounts of loots between planets for easier profits. I understand pirates want to keep those profits and thus would not want any further updates, but I believe adding a list of lootable items in that players possession would only help space. It would reduce some of the hatred toward pirates because people will see that loot in a box and make the choice to either go for it or not. Also the age group for this game is much higher then other games, so memory issues are far more relevant to the design of a favorable player interface.

Is something like this too much to ask for?

current_vs_suggestion.jpeg

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=312763

:confused:

I think the OP is asking for the system to scan your ship and if u have lootable items display a message that says:

WARNING! You ARE carrying items that WILL be lost if you are killed in space.

Your message would not have helped the OP any more than the messages that already are generated by the system because he did not know he had lootable items.

"I think the OP is asking for the system to scan your ship and if you have lootable items display a message that says:..."

It is an excellent suggestion, would have saved me a few dollars lost to being looted by a pirate. And while the responsibility of being looted was wholly mine - sometimes one can be swept up in the present (ie excitement of the new Arkadian Moon) & overlook or forget what was still sitting in inventory.

Sawachika's suggested pic is how is SHOULD be.

And while we are at it, all those accusations of who is or who is not a pirate, and demanding apologies or withdrawals of statements- please stop, you are just making yourself look silly.

Back