Suggestion: Space

ProActive Mango

Stalker
How about we get a communal subway transit in space, you pay a fee and this cube will take you to your desired planet.
These taxi´s could be owned by players or rented out by mindark so others can use and have a taxi as a job for a month.

This travel will be clear from pvp and lootable pvp.
Focus the pvp and lootable pvp to somewhere else in space.

This wont affect current owners of a ship sence they already have a taxi service, this will open up for more ppl to work in space.

The future is now!

I would like more powerful pirate ships.
Fast and with much higher damage output.

MA should make missions for the pirates... kill 10 ppl for example. And those PED should go to the Pirates missions.

This will incentivize MS holders to create crews... resulting in revitalizing space.

PvP vs 100-200k SI is like hunting a SandKing that won't give you any loot.

Fix the space MindArk...

@ Deemer.
Pirate ships have the same ability to buy warp ships as any other player, they can upgrade their SI as other owners do
...and yes they do own privateers and an MS. They don't need handouts to level the playing field, they already have the same opportunities.

@ Proactive.
What space needs is not a means to by-pass its PVP completely, but greater content so pirates and other ship owners have plenty to occupy themselves without harassing newbs and the unwary for a few ped

[Moderated]

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Deemer.
Pirate ships have the same ability to buy warp ships as any other player, they can upgrade their SI as other owners do
...and yes they do own privateers and an MS. They don't need handouts to level the playing field, they already have the same opportunities.

@ Proactive.
What space needs is not a means to by-pass its PVP completely, but greater content so pirates and other ship owners have plenty to occupy themselves without harassing newbs and the unwary for a few ped

[Moderated]

I love you, I would never hurt you :hug:

I just need a stronger emotion in the game.

Space is a lost cause.

Edit: Perhaps UE5 will bring something new. However my view is majority of players grind on planet. I'm not sure what they can do to get these people to play around in space. If you want a space game there are many others out there which don't require such a high investment.

Again my view - only way to make space viable is to improve the PVP aspect - remove this what do you have? vast emptiness with some ships floating around.

Few ideas to do this:

-Make space smaller
-Reduce cost to shoot
-Remove exploit where you can log off and get a safe warp
-When you kill a ship you get some Loot (I will name it a gold chest), which can then be looted until you make it back to a new safe zone where you can cash it in.
-Ship owners can then get some form of reward and status for making safe trips from one planet to another. (Say if you don't get shot you get 1% of lootpoot) if you withstand 1,000,000ped worth of shots into your ship and survive the trip you get 50% of that amount and rest enters the above lootpool or pays MA yearly bonus.
-Above give a reason to shoot and to defend the ships.
-Ship owners can customize and increase speed, health of ship through buying certain loot or oils or something.

Will leave MA to flesh out the details on the above.

Like everything in this game, just create some use and close the circle with all the professions linking up.

Last edited:
I think there are 70 privateers (plus some from last Gold rush and some more from errors in last gold rush :) > 3.500.000 Ped
a handful of MS and those are another 1.000.000 ped
that money is locked into useless items that just serve as taxi service

the problem is not PVP (all know i harte PVP and RCE in the same sentence)

The problem is to remove PVP to incentive ppl to go in space and give to the 5m ped a way to get 500k ped per year income
so instead of "fresh taxi lcenses" need to get 3000 4000 ped per day of MU to extract in space
in a content that is hard enough to need an upgraded MS or privateer with full gunner capability and full repari team capability
consider ship crew as a "PARTY" for sharing the loot (and reserve a quota for "amortizing" ship cost (ea: Pilot get a share of loot).
and of course due to the fact that there are thousands of ped involved in the point, remove pvp

that would give for sure space a fresh life for years, and make some "retaliation" event that involve ALL THE SHIPS for say 1 month like mayhem

with this in mind, vessels have a fresh life, pvp removal will pose some problem to pirates that need to study how to extract mu from otehr sources than ambushing someone, not my problem.

as a side note, i was thinking of MA and Planet Partners losses coming from space in a 10k player travelling per day (EU5 prospective)
people with a Quad (i refuse to consider a sleipnir as a space vessel but in that case the time lost is even bigger) movign jsut from NI to cyrene for a daily mission grind use 30 minutes to travel
- 30 minutes times 10.000 players are 300.000 minutes (5.000 hours per day) or 1.825.000 Hours per year of inactive logged in players
- Boredom... either i get a shower, walk the dog or watch tv, i for sure do not look at eh decreasing distance counter from my waypoint
- loss of producing decay... at a simple 800 ped per hour, 3% decay thislead to 43.800.000 ped per year not cashed if from MA and PP for the "downtime" of shooters

this is why i think that space is detrimental to game environment and mechanics... simply it is too wide and useless.
mopving from one player to another shoudl require 3..5 minutes ( nature call pause or cofee break) and is already perceived as a "lost time" from heavy cycle plaery that ask for dense sapwn and istant respawn

i still dont realize how comes that MA and PP dont understand that company interest and playerbase (customer) itnerest sometimes lead to same

Last edited:
as a side note, i was thinking of MA and Planet Partners losses coming from space in a 10k player travelling per day (EU5 prospective)
people with a Quad (i refuse to consider a sleipnir as a space vessel but in that case the time lost is even bigger) movign jsut from NI to cyrene for a daily mission grind use 30 minutes to travel
- 30 minutes times 10.000 players are 300.000 minutes (5.000 hours per day) or 1.825.000 Hours per day of inactive logged in players
- Boredom... either i get a shower, walk the dog or watch tv, i for sure do not look at eh decreasing distance counter from my waypoint
- loss of producing decay... at a simple 800 ped per hour, 3% decay thislead to 43.800.000 ped per year not cashed if from MA and PP for the "downtime" of shooters

this is why i think that space is detrimental to game environment and mechanics... simply it is too wide and useless.
mopving from one player to another shoudl require 3..5 minutes ( nature call pause or cofee break) and is already perceived as a "lost time" from heavy cycle plaery that ask for dense sapwn and istant respawn

i still dont realize how comes that MA and PP dont understand that company interest and playerbase (customer) itnerest sometimes lead to same
Even maplestory took 30 minute boat ride to orbis. Flight time makes destinations more worth it.

The one thing that space needs more then any other is a balance of risk vs reward present on all sides.
Since the start of space there have been those going up empty and preying on those who carry loot which makes every single pvp fight an unbalanced fight simply because one side has nothing to loose (except ammo), another side will simply logoff if it becomes dangerous and the third side has the choice to fight back with nothing to win except their reputation in a universe where traveling while not in game has become normality.

The easiest fix within the current system to restore balance, get rid of economic immunity (due to high SI / cost to kill) as well as unrewarding targets (flying empty as pirate or passenger/traveler) would be to treat players and vehicles in space like mobs and let the system pay loot uppon kill and switch pvp lootable off till balancing has figured out a way to make it work without encouraging players to log out of the game they play.

The biggest balancing error to this day of space is the mere fact that mindark made players leave the game and do something else (play another game for example) to gain an ingame advantage (safe passage) over those who actually play the game.

I understand what you are saying but we both know this will never work.
Your statement is that somehow logging out with loot should be prevented/balanced/nerfed (give it a name) since its unbalanced.

So lets say MA fixes this tomorrow. Every passenger takes the risk to warp with TOS.
Then try to remember the last time pirates rekt your ship. It was within 20 seconds that they shot your 50k SI on one point down.
How? Well basically warp mine + privateer + 3 quads. Even your ship is then paper to them.
I know Bonny can repair your ship fast but she is no match to pirates who are organised.

The consequence is that nothing is safe. People do not leave the planet with loot because pirates camp 24/7. Its free cash for them.
If players get fed up with losing this much they wont leave the planet or dont bother playing.

One option would be that you need a 20 man crew who repair + wield guns to defend against pirates :ROFLMAO:

Removing lootable pvp also removing the risk vs reward. Why bother camping all day for xx.xx % tt return while you can just hunt on the planet and get xx.xx% tt return.

Current system has nothing better to offer :(

The consequence is that nothing is safe. People do not leave the planet with loot because pirates camp 24/7. Its free cash for them.
If players get fed up with losing this much they wont leave the planet or dont bother playing.
LOL it's insanely safe. I warp due to the convenience or time constraints I have when needing to stream on a different planet.

I understand what you are saying but we both know this will never work.
Your statement is that somehow logging out with loot should be prevented/balanced/nerfed (give it a name) since its unbalanced.

So lets say MA fixes this tomorrow. Every passenger takes the risk to warp with TOS.
Then try to remember the last time pirates rekt your ship. It was within 20 seconds that they shot your 50k SI on one point down.
How? Well basically warp mine + privateer + 3 quads. Even your ship is then paper to them.
I know Bonny can repair your ship fast but she is no match to pirates who are organised.

One option would be that you need a 20 man crew who repair + wield guns to defend against pirates :ROFLMAO:

Removing lootable pvp also removing the risk vs reward. Why bother camping all day for xx.xx % tt return while you can just hunt on the planet and get xx.xx% tt return.

Current system has nothing better to offer :(
I would apreciate if you try to comment on what i wrote above that you actually read it in completion, i didnt ask for logoff to be switched off - this is impossible i suggested for lootable to be switched off (while making players and ships count as mobs in regards to loot p[roviding loot from the system not the player inventory) in which case all loot would be secure -> so no need for you to be defensive.

Furthermore the case you described has never happened, just because you see on a video clip the last 20 seconds of a ship with no crew and not providing service getting blown up means nothing.
Normandie has since start of service in 2011 performed over 40k warps for over 4.3k different passengers with a security rating of 100% - this doesnt mean that we are 'unsinkable' but it means very much that we know how to calculate the risks we take and how to keep our passengers safe.
I suggest you refrain as a fellow transport provider from bad mouthing other services or insinuating risk by referring to half truths.
Did i mention that the clip you were referring to in which Normandie was destroyed actually goes further of Normandie returning with 1 pilot and 1 gunner and taking the pirate ship down even though they had a whole team on guns ? You can watch it on bonnies twitch stream. And when we run schedule we are more prepared then that.

But as i pointed out above getting back ontopic - my suggestion was about switching lootable pvp off and replacing it with treating ships and players as mobs with loot being generated by the system - this would solve all the big issues we got to know from space over the last decade.

cemtraòiozed auction with free delivery...... so no need to carry loot to caly for trading

REDUCE LOOTING FROM KILL
convert space kills to "Tree cutting"... spend 1 ped... loot 98 pec... if you got MU you rare lucky.. if not... well... helppens
shooting 1 ped and taking the loot off a player is unbalanced.,
sorry JBK but the solution is not F*ck more people, is reduce the fuckfest to some "petting"

the stupid feature to restart from begin of travel might remain ant that will leave people to rent a warp to travel faster

the example with PVP on palnet is wrong. you can avoid pvp on planet if not interested (now there is Pyrite in non looteble too)
but you can not avoid to risk loot on planet to planet travel.

we need to retain all the players that happen in game, and any ragequitter will spread bad advertisiement

I would apreciate if you try to comment on what i wrote above that you actually read it in completion, i didnt ask for logoff to be switched off - this is impossible i suggested for lootable to be switched off (while making players and ships count as mobs in regards to loot p[roviding loot from the system not the player inventory) in which case all loot would be secure -> so no need for you to be defensive.

Furthermore the case you described has never happened, just because you see on a video clip the last 20 seconds of a ship with no crew and not providing service getting blown up means nothing.
Normandie has since start of service in 2011 performed over 40k warps for over 4.3k different passengers with a security rating of 100% - this doesnt mean that we are 'unsinkable' but it means very much that we know how to calculate the risks we take and how to keep our passengers safe.
I suggest you refrain as a fellow transport provider from bad mouthing other services or insinuating risk by referring to half truths.
Did i mention that the clip you were referring to in which Normandie was destroyed actually goes further of Normandie returning with 1 pilot and 1 gunner and taking the pirate ship down even though they had a whole team on guns ? You can watch it on bonnies twitch stream. And when we run schedule we are more prepared then that.

But as i pointed out above getting back ontopic - my suggestion was about switching lootable pvp off and replacing it with treating ships and players as mobs with loot being generated by the system - this would solve all the big issues we got to know from space over the last decade.
I did not mean any harm.
Your last alinea in post 13 clearly is a statement that its unfair / should be fixed or just a complaint(You can give it the name you want).
My post was about that. Like i ended that post, its impossible to fix with the current system.

I never saw the other video. Do you have a link to the stream/video? Would be cool to see the payback.

-Remove exploit where you can log off and get a safe warp
-When you kill a ship you get some Loot (I will name it a gold chest), which can then be looted until you make it back to a new safe zone where you can cash it in.
You want get all loot but at same time you want be unlootable?
no need to re read its what you say you get only cash if you are back in safe zone

Last edited:
Back