SS stands for shamshe shamadarak

The Nazis have a rich history of stealing other cultures artwork and ruining it.

Use the damned SS symbol. It wasnt originally a Nazi thing anyway. It was a Sig rune.

The Nazis stole a bunch of Norse runes and attempted to fit them into their Aryan legend.

Like the burning cross, the swastika is so freighted with negative associations that reinterpretation seems a quixotic enterprise. Its appearance is unsettling even when it's clear that no endorsement of Nazism is intended.

:wise: :wise: :wise:

Like the burning cross, the swastika is so freighted with negative associations that reinterpretation seems a quixotic enterprise. Its appearance is unsettling even when it's clear that no endorsement of Nazism is intended.

:wise: :wise: :wise:

It's funny of course how caught up we are in our symbolism. We're so caught up in how things seem, we dont realize how things are.

For instance, for years we have battled racism, bigotry, and hatred in the US. We've been attempting to overcome these things and move beyond them.

Yet we have two leading candidates. One is running on a platform of kicking all immigrants out, building a wall, and painting everyone who does not agree with him as weak, stupid, and unfit to be attended to.

The other is running on an overt platform of sexism, using our fear of being labeled a bigot as a tool to be taken advantage of. There's a special place in Hell.... and other pointed remarks. Like this persons opponent, the entire campaign seems on some fundamental level to be focused on what a person is or is not lugging around in their trousers.

I bet you're wondering why I brought all this real life stuff into this discussion, right?

Because at some point, we need to look at what is actually around us, instead of constantly engaging in a shadowboxing match, and trying to appear like we are ready to fight.

The symbolism this person is using has enough meanings that we are perfectly free to assign any we want. We are choosing to assign this, because it affords us opportunity to appear evolved in the eyes of others. But it is the very need to appear evolved which betrays our lack of evolution. And thus we allow ourselves to continue to be predated upon by those who can see, and wish to use, these weaknesses against us.

We have no problem using "SS" for a model of motor car here in Australia.

ss.jpg

something like this I had in mind but with less curves in the S. Dor the people replying negatively on this thread how on earth is something like this photo offensive?

something like this I had in mind but with less curves in the S. Dor the people replying negatively on this thread how on earth is something like this photo offensive?

Most of them are just posting to bash Nazi regime and not actually thinking about this topic on wider scale (as i posted in my previous post about many politically incorrect soc names).

BTW if you decide not to use SS in your logo, please also stay away from using Arial font (as some might think it is somehow linked to Aryans) and also dont use Comic sans as it might be connected to comics which can be connected to Disney and we all know Disney can be connected to Nazis.

You should be thankful for not being carpenter or farmer, imagine having sickle and hammer on your logo... You would be lynched.

In my opinion the moment we link these symbols to the nazi cruelty doesn't that mean they won? and all the lives lost in WWII where in vane if u can't even choose something that looks nice and that you don't link to something in any way but people will give you a slap on your wrist or worse just cause they do?
any opinions?

You got a valid point in the bolded part of your post, but

It is impossible not to link these symbols to Nazi ideologie, as this symbols are still used by Nazi Organisations today.

It is a bad idea using it imho, especialy because Nazi organisations grow stronger last couple of years.
Although most Nazi live in USA today (don´t get why US law can´t do anything against them), they grow stronger in europe too.

Most of them are just posting to bash Nazi regime and not actually thinking about this topic on wider scale (as i posted in my previous post about many politically incorrect soc names).

BTW if you decide not to use SS in your logo, please also stay away from using Arial font (as some might think it is somehow linked to Aryans) and also dont use Comic sans as it might be connected to comics which can be connected to Disney and we all know Disney can be connected to Nazis.

You should be thankful for not being carpenter or farmer, imagine having sickle and hammer on your logo... You would be lynched.

Why is it so foreign that you are judged by the imagery you surround yourself with? Same way as if you have a image of the Mindark symbol as your Skype picture, people will probably assume your a fan of Mindark, right? Thats just how the human brain works, we associate imagery with the history behind it and the symbol he asked about is universally understood as a symbol for the horrible shit that happend in the 1930-40s.

He basically asked what peoples reaction would be and quite clearly people react badly to it. Freedom goes both ways you know, im free to think its a shit idea and express that just the same as he is free to do whatever he likes regardless of what i say.

Aren't you taking this a little too far now? The Comic font sucks and usually tells of a kid making its first homepage, or so goes the usual stereotype. But Arial being associated with Aryans, never heard of that one. Besides, Aryans are a lineage of the indo-european people family (ever read about where "Iran" comes from?) and have nothing to do with modern history's abuse of their name. Ofc you can get in hot soup for associating yourself with the term for the same reasons the other symbols are out of fashion, but by using the font? Come on. Eh, isn't it the standard font for this website and almost any other one out there...

Edit: I have just been told that I may have missed it was meant ironic. If so, my bad :D It is telling we're still not used to making light of these things after all these years. High time to grow up, but too many still profit from playing thought police.

Last edited:
Since I have no idea how you want to present the image I can't make a judgment on if people would take offense to it. Not everything represented by "SS" is looked at as representing the Nazis.

My advise is to go ahead with the design and see how it looks. If you look at it and think it looks to close to the Nazi SS for your liking, then change it.

Back