Help: Starting To Mine

Moignus

Young
Society
Miners Elite
Kyle Cabret Brigance
So I've started to mine, and well not yet. Rephrase: "I'm going to mine" the question or rather answer comes from experienced miners.

Questions:
How much will I need to Deposit? (Try To Give a Logical Answer) (E:1-100)
What Finder Should I use First? (Looking Into The F-101+ Series)
Current Skills*
(*Prospector (Unskilled,1)
(*Miner (Mediocre,0)*
(*Surveyor (Weak,0)*
(*Treasure Hunter (Weak, 0)*
(*Driller (Inept,0)*
(*Archaeologist (Inept,0)*
(*Average (Weak,0)*
How many probes would I use each run?
When Do I switch my finders?
What websites could include guides,information,software,help?
Are there any Ebooks on mining in Entropia?

I used to play awhile back during the summer of 2013, I spent 50$ I'd say, 30$ one deposit and 25$ another deposit. Ended up losing all of it and now my character sits at camp icarus sweating with no clothes naked nothing in his inventory but the VSE MK1 Sweat Extractor. This time I did my research, read forums, watched videos, for over a month now. I think i'm ready to at least get opinions and facts from experienced miners who have played this game for a longtime, and know what they are doing. I made this post so ya'll could answer my questions and give me tips and advice, you don't have to do it but it would be very helpful. So far i've accumulated over 3.55 ped doing nothing, and wearing a Island Shirt.\

:wise::wise::wise::wise:

So I've started to mine, and well not yet. Rephrase: "I'm going to mine" the question or rather answer comes from experienced miners.

Questions:
How much will I need to Deposit? (Try To Give a Logical Answer) (E:1-100)
What Finder Should I use First? (Looking Into The F-101+ Series)
Current Skills*
(*Prospector (Unskilled,1)
(*Miner (Mediocre,0)*
(*Surveyor (Weak,0)*
(*Treasure Hunter (Weak, 0)*
(*Driller (Inept,0)*
(*Archaeologist (Inept,0)*
(*Average (Weak,0)*
How many probes would I use each run?
When Do I switch my finders?
What websites could include guides,information,software,help?
Are there any Ebooks on mining in Entropia?

I used to play awhile back during the summer of 2013, I spent 50$ I'd say, 30$ one deposit and 25$ another deposit. Ended up losing all of it and now my character sits at camp icarus sweating with no clothes naked nothing in his inventory but the VSE MK1 Sweat Extractor. This time I did my research, read forums, watched videos, for over a month now. I think i'm ready to at least get opinions and facts from experienced miners who have played this game for a longtime, and know what they are doing. I made this post so ya'll could answer my questions and give me tips and advice, you don't have to do it but it would be very helpful. So far i've accumulated over 3.55 ped doing nothing, and wearing a Island Shirt.\

:wise::wise::wise::wise:

If you are willing to deposit and learn from one of the best, I recommend Strash as a mining mentor

Anything Else

Neil Greenleaf Stockton runs a profit share mining business. He'll provide all the equipment, probes, (usually 200 peds worth at a time) and training. All that you find is turned over to him of course. The downside is that you have to give him a deposit (refundable) of 200 ped which is security for the equipment that he is giving you to use.

You'll get a share of any profit made from your mining and free skills. I have been working with him for several months and can vouch for his integrity as can many others ingame and on the forums - he won't run off with your 200 peds :)

He is usually on Arkadia but he can probably meet you on Calypso. I'd suggest that you at least contact him and discuss it with him. He is usually online after 1300 MA time.

The answers are not quite as easy as it might seem.

First you have to decide if you want to start with Rookie equipment or with the low level regular equipment.

There are pros and cons for both. Rookie equipment can give you quite a lot of mining experience at relatively little cost. You might not find a lot of high mu stuff, but it is fairly easy to make up the losses otherwise. However, you definitely have to have the patience to put up with the small claims.

Regular equipment gives you larger hits and you are likely to find a larger variety of resources. - But bad runs will eat into your ped card a lot more.

Therefore, part of the answer how much you have to deposit depends on your decision what type of mining you want to do.

If you want to mine with regular equipment, check the item stats to see if your current professional levels fit the tools. Here's the linkt to the Entropedia list, which shows you what finders are available.

Another important aspect is how much of a bankroll you want to have in order to be able to collect nice stacks to get a good deal at the auction.

It is very difficult to get good deals on the small stacks you find with your rookie - unless you have a mentor, for example, who is willing to buy them from you at a good price.

The markups of ores and enmatters change all the time. So if you have enough peds to be able to wait until you can sell at a peak, this is an advantage.

You should also consider putting some time into finding good mining areas. Check out this map for some general ideas what to find there, get the tps and do a few runs. Keep in mind that the depth you can reach determines what you can find there and that not all resources can be found each and every time.

Last edited:
I would recommend Rocktropia for beginning miners. Alternative rock is fairly shallow so you can find it with low level finders and it has decent MU. If you go this route you will want to mine for ore only, the en-matter on RT are mostly useless. I would recommend a $100 depo, start with a TT finder and once you get to SIB on the F-105 switch to that and stick to it until max. Some people will tell you not to switch to the next finder until you're max on it but as shallow as the Alt rock is on RT it really won't matter. The rest of your 1k ped should be spent on probes, after buying TT finder and F-105 you should have enough left for ~900 drops worth of probes. This many drops should give you a pretty good chance to hit a good average return.

For an excavator, use the TT one from Calypso. Yes, it's slow but it's also one of the most eco excavators in game. For a refiner, grab the Cyrene TT refiner - it's THE most eco in game.

Another big help, especially in mapping out the resources found in an area, is Little Big Mining Log (www.mininglog.com). I highly recommend this tool as the map helps you ensure you're not overlapping drops and also keeps track of the claims you find for easy ID of what's in an area. There are also general resource maps (by server) available on that site.

Note: if you want to move up from TT finder before lvl 2.9 (SIB start on F-105), any of the F-10x finders is fine. It's not a very long trip to lvl 2.9 though and going from TT to 105 will save you the AH fees of reselling the others as you outgrow them.

Another option is simply to chip in to level 2.9+ and start on the F-105 right away. If this is worth it depends on the price and availability of chips and ofc your own view on chipping / earning skills naturally.

Hope some of this was helpful, if nothing else at least go get the Little Big Mining Log app :)

Back