Suggestion: STOP Cluster-Spawning Eomons and Fix Stuck Issues

Captain Jack

Elite
Society
Endgame
Eomons presently spawn in clusters rather than individually. This causes aggro issues and makes it difficult to hunt in a steady rhythm, as most hunters cannot simply tank three at a time solo. Eomons also get stuck on each other far too easily, often causing a pair of them to go unreachable.

A simple solution is to spawn them individually, reduce spawn timer, and reduce the mob block by 30-50% so they don't block each other as easily.

Fix it MindArk, it's been almost 20 years. You're better than this.

Last edited:
Fix it MindArk, it's been almost 20 years. You're better than this.
Nope, they are not.

You atleast have a decent spawn of Eomon, on small LT people have to fight (or steal) to have something to kill. It has been like this since I can remember (probably since migration is a thing), every year we complain and every year they ignore us.

Bunch of amateurs is what they are, what a joke of a company.

Nope, they are not.

You atleast have a decent spawn of Eomon, on small LT people have to fight (or steal) to have something to kill. It has been like this since I can remember (probably since migration is a thing), every year we complain and every year they ignore us.

Bunch of amateurs is what they are, what a joke of a company.
The LT spawns I have been to (Livas and Argus Beach) were actually less crowded and easier to hunt than most of the eomon spawns I was hunting.

The eomon young spawn seems fine, in that regard? Edit: But yes, if thats a problem somewhere, this needs fixing!

What I'd also love to see is some mechanic that doesnt spawn mobs right on top of you. I guess for some mobs outside of agro range would be best but for these kinda event spawns anything that doesnt spawn them right on my frigging head would make me happy.

The eomon young spawn seems fine, in that regard? Edit: But yes, if thats a problem somewhere, this needs fixing!

What I'd also love to see is some mechanic that doesnt spawn mobs right on top of you. I guess for some mobs outside of agro range would be best but for these kinda event spawns anything that doesnt spawn them right on my frigging head would make me happy.
It has been especially frustrating at the Old Alpha, Prowler, and Stalker spawns.

The LT spawns I have been to (Livas and Argus Beach) were actually less crowded and easier to hunt than most of the eomon spawns I was hunting.
Neither of those two spawns has small LT, which are (or would be, if there was a decent spawn) the most hunted LT.

Why must mobs go in unreachable state? Since you can't be bothered to fix the mob AI to go around objects like it did in the past. Why not simply make them move through avatars/mobs and objects like trees, small bushes of death that you get stuck in easily, except buildings?

If the reason for making them spawn this way is to keep the servers from lagging to death and crashing. Upgrade your damn servers. This is 2021.
On the new Moloch instances on Ancient Greece there's really fast respawn of the mobs so I think there is improvement to be made here in this yearly migration! Don't you want to maximize potential revenue? Players get pissed off when there's not enough mobs and leave the spawn I know I have. It's dumb design all around, same shit every year. Make an effort please.

The speed and amount of respawn of a mob depends on its current condition, it is part of the dynamic system. There are places that make exceptions, but not many. I haven't hunted Eomon, but I guess in a few days they'll have more caviar if it's small now.
And I do not understand why trees, stones and similar elements are not part of the environment. I opened a support case a few months ago because it puts more strain on rendering the video card on my laptop, especially when it's on battery and I change more places when hunting... just unnecessary overload in my opinion and I don't understand the reason.
The mob spawn in trees is also illogical and may be a consequence of the above. Тhey may prioritize the collision, when the mobs are or is not in active combat.
They haven't done anything in the last half year and maybe they're working on a whole new structure, game architecture... maybe, we'll find out soon.

Last edited:
MA truly refined the definition of "cluster fuck", glad at least the mobs don't teleport to space and not come back (anyone remember that for Prot stalker???)

MA truly refined the definition of "cluster fuck", glad at least the mobs don't teleport to space and not come back (anyone remember that for Prot stalker???)
They still do that, i have seen this 3 times since this migration started, and that was on the Eomon Stalker, on my mobs, that happen when 2 or 3 collide and because they have no idea to go around, only straight line one is pushed up until reaches CP or idk..

Also a similar issue was when ppl did in early days the SK and Atrox Queen, getting unreach cause someone was too small for that huge creature to smash it

If anyone noticed those birds Hiryuu can push an Eomon aside when a player gets agroed by them, now that's a force i m envy on, imagine that

Why must mobs go in unreachable state? Since you can't be bothered to fix the mob AI to go around objects like it did in the past. Why not simply make them move through avatars/mobs and objects like trees, small bushes of death that you get stuck in easily, except buildings?

If the reason for making them spawn this way is to keep the servers from lagging to death and crashing. Upgrade your damn servers. This is 2021.
On the new Moloch instances on Ancient Greece there's really fast respawn of the mobs so I think there is improvement to be made here in this yearly migration! Don't you want to maximize potential revenue? Players get pissed off when there's not enough mobs and leave the spawn I know I have. It's dumb design all around, same shit every year. Make an effort please.
Unreachable came into play to stop exploiters from trapping mobs. You had fresh (and old) characters trapping mobs and shooting away at them without fear of being hit. That is why when a mob gets stuck nowadays, it goes unreachable after 10 seconds or so. This was a temporary fix at best and never changed to something better. Unreachable can become a very frustrating experience for players and it makes the game look ultra janky.

I think they made a song about this "Where have all the good programmers gone"

They still do. You can get them back down by flying up in your quad and bumping them. Not a joke, totally serious. They aren't actually in space - they are a few hundred meters up.

Trapped creatures die
After a time period, a trapped creature will die.
---------------

Time for a rollback of this function? :)

Trapped creatures die
After a time period, a trapped creature will die.
---------------

Time for a rollback of this function? :)
May as well, mechanism is already in place for returning some shrapnel to the hunter (think turrets and drowning).

1.jpg

The mob just disappeared after I hit him once... it's not a ghost, just a bug.
I have others.. legs that chase me . Ass without body.. I can upload more.
When they start chasing me, only phalluses without a body will stop playing.

MA could be making more profit.. happier customers.. fix the issue, its been years.

Yes, I don't understand why the system waits a few minutes and then spawns a bunch of mobs. This is not specific to Eomon spawns. It could just spawn a single one every 5-10 seconds - would that really be so hard on the servers?

what to expect from company that doesn.t even attempt to fix web shop, and it is their significant income.. Why would they waste time on fixing spawns...

Back