Strange Vehicle Lag

Arokh

Stalker
Society
Gloryhound Irregulars
Arokh Arokh Cindar
Okay, bit of an odd issue here. For the most part, vehicles work great, nice and smooth all fine... no problem there.

However, after a while of driving I get a MASSIVE drop in frame rate (1-2FPS). Seriously, the frames seem to be slower than slides on a particularly dull PowerPoint presentation! I either have to relog right there, or after a few 100m of travel the lag seems to vanish. It's as if I'm passing through a sort of 'lag bubble'.

Now evidently not everyone is having this problem, and am trying to figure out what causes it. Happened tonight whilst driving around with a friend, and it turns out we're both running nVidia cards in SLI. So the theory is so far that it's caused by running two graphics cards, but of course thats only a guess based upon a quick discussion of our hardware.

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this?

Confirming this has happened to me as well. Also running with SLI (Two nVidia GeForce 9600 GT's). :( I still have yet to confirm if it happens with no SLI as well.

I've had this once or twice. Subscribing for a possible answer. :popcorn:

Well, you know I have experienced it, as we have gotten the lag at the same time. I am NOT running SLI.

On a side note, some of the places I have experienced the lag bubble, I have also experinced that same lag while moving on foot (prior to this VU with the vehicles added). Perhaps some of those places have a graphics error encoded? While I am not, by any stretch of the imagination, a programmer, I know this lag isn't normal.

First Calypso Car Event

Oh heck yh I've had this happen and today it really ticked me off. Nothing against the ppl at fish's event, "first calypso car event" but I was in the finals and I was in a pretty gd spot 3rd or 4th then after lap1 & half way across in lap 2. I had some serious lag issues, my overall speed was reduced and the other drivers were pulling away and I had no way to respond to that except drive to the best of my ability, which didnt work as I came 4th out of 5th :laugh:. If the lag wasnt there I cud of easily of gained a few spots up maybe 3rd or 2nd, fighting it out for 1st but that didnt happen. It was even more ridiculous that the lag was worse with less cars on the track than before when we had 10 cars that I didnt understand :laugh:. Either way I have no bad feelings, just fond memories of the event and grateful too all that made it happen it was a fun day and I sure did enjoy it :ahh:, Congratulations to Adamer, you deserve it :). Edit I have Gforce 9600M so I don't think its a hardware issue. Like Marco once said it is probably on the clients side of things. More stability?

Back