Suggestion and ideas for more intressting mining

billairboy

Elite
Bill Airboy Ivanhoe
One thing that i thought was fun when i started too mine was too discover where i could find different type of ores and enmatters, "mapping" the resources. But we have a very helpful player community so all this information are often already available on Wikipedias and forums, just look at the map and the information are already free for all. That is great, but it also removes some of the fun, to discover it for yourself. The game should be about exploring and discovering things.

Some suggestion and speculation how this could be changed:

• Make the locations of the ores and enmatters different between the players. Each players could have a random "resource map", for example player "A" would be able to find iron and oil in area "21", but player "B" would be able to find copper and melchi in the same area. That way you must discover for yourself where you can find the resources you want. Some special resources as today only exist in pvp areas, could still be the same for all and only exist in the pvp areas.

• Create "temporary mining areas" (TMA) that can be found by miners. This TMA will be areas where you can find a resources type that are not usually found in that area for a limited time. For example, player "A" gets a special loot and finds a TMA they makes it possible to also find durulium in the are where he normal only could find iron and oil. The TMA could be connected to a type of mining deed that are limited in time, maybe a month, that gives the holder the right and possibility to find the resource in the area specified. The TMA deed could be traded too other players.

What do you think, anyone have other suggestions/ideas how to make the mining a bit more fun? (other than the size of the loot)

Back