Suicider loot?!

Ragna Rock

Old Alpha
Society
M2E
Ragna Ragna Rock
On a few ocasions Ive seen mobs directly running into turrets, wthout that there is any player in the near which they could follow, or just standing in water even if they are attacked without any reaction - the mobs were commiting suicide :D

but the funny part is that those mobs I actually could kill in this situation, were verry good looters, 10, 20, 30 PED mobs.

It seems like they are stressed from carrying to much money, and thats why they commite suicide.

On the other side it happens often that mobs attack you even If you arent in their agro range. those mobs are most of the time no looters, or carry just some pec wise loot.

Has someone here similar expirience? Or am I just going crazy?

have you ever tried to talk to them?

I tried to play the shrink for them, but they didnt listen, so I thought: If u are going 2 die, than trough my axe :D

yup. communicating with mobs is hard sometimes :(

eg. if i wanted to marry young argonaut, what i should do since they don't listen? should i approach an old alpha asking for its daugh** err. child's hand?

problems problems...

[edit] sorry in advance for going off topic :rolleyes: [/edit]

Last edited:
fun is fun, but please keep on toppic :D

No my Last Hof runned straight forward to me, i hadnt even killed it if it havnt tagged me :)

But i had a Funny Hunt last Days. I hunted with someone else and we Set up
Most Damage Takes all and Damage Decides Monney. We just wanted to Combine Firepower to handle the Mob Spawn and killed our own Mobs. While i got lots of Non Looters this Guy got the Big Ped Ones and Even Globaled.

There was a BIG Difference between our Loots, even as we Hunted the Same Mob , same Spot , same Time and Simillar Equipment. :)

This just make me Think about something

Something in the engine?

Perhaps there's something in the engine to ensure that these loot heavy mobs 'pass along' their goodies by dying and re-spawning?

Seems a good trick though - I usually ignore mobs in water etc cos they're gonna be a waste of ammo.

this could be also the way trough which we gain more loots in one mob, cumulating more heavy loaded into a fresh one.

Fiona Simmons said:
But i had a Funny Hunt last Days. I hunted with someone else and we Set up
Most Damage Takes all and Damage Decides Monney. We just wanted to Combine Firepower to handle the Mob Spawn and killed our own Mobs. While i got lots of Non Looters this Guy got the Big Ped Ones and Even Globaled.

There was a BIG Difference between our Loots, even as we Hunted the Same Mob , same Spot , same Time and Simillar Equipment. :)

This just make me Think about something

I notice this also. I have come to the conclusion that each avatar has like a horoscope. Some players are destined to loot armor shins and others harnesses. Some get nice items and some get tt crap.

Maybe someone should start reading the horoscopes for when your avatar started? Thats the only rational explanation. I cant imagine a looting system based on a companies dislike for a Soc. Well, I know they dont like BAHQ... I blame Knuckles.

dont say anything about the luck of BAHQ, Ive seen them yesterday a lot of times globaling on aurli, gratz ppl :D

Its also funny that I had the best loot around my birthday.

deposit frequency ;)
regular deposits have meant regular looting streaks to me.
When in teams if someone else looted the mob we got crap, when i looted we globalled.

Instead of dropping $100 into PE, only put in $10 each time, 2 times a day for a week, see if you notice anything.
It has worked for me on countless occasions.

For those talking about the mob "carrying" loot.....no...they are not . loot is generated at time of death from a loot table. And Im sure that your stats ,or some unknown code MA has on your avatar, determines quality of loot.

Az

wanda said:
deposit frequency ;)
When in teams if someone else looted the mob we got crap, when i looted we globalled.

Instead of dropping $100 into PE, only put in $10 each time, 2 times a day for a week, see if you notice anything.

I used to agree with this. But i would have to say i dont any more. The longest drought i have had in months (going on 7 days now) was after i deposited. And a good chunk too. And i deposited again in the middle of those 7 days and nothing again.

I do find it strange that i will be kickin ass getting loots from trox and i will tell soc m8 and they will come in and get shit. Same with me.. Soc M8 kicked awesome trox loot, i run in and get nothing.

I love the speculation of how loot works. But STILL, all said and done no one KNOWS for sure.

What works for you go for it!! :D

Suicide

wanda said:
deposit frequency ;)

Maybe this work for you but for me it seems that not depositing works very fine.
i haven't deosited for about 3 months and i get hofs and globals in a stedy pace and with the last one i got (847ped) it seems i'm not going to deposit in the near future.
in my opinion it all about luck so if you hunt a lot you have more chances, if you hunt just a little you have less chances but can still pull a hof
just my :twocents:

MandyrDoTKhron said:
Maybe this work for you but for me it seems that not depositing works very fine.

I Agree... I have never deposited (as far as MA knows) and have had my fair share of Globals/Hofs (~20 to date). Of course, I am on a really bad streak right now.. but with every high there is a low I guess :)

Suicide said:
I used to agree with this. But i would have to say i dont any more. The longest drought i have had in months (going on 7 days now) was after i deposited. And a good chunk too. And i deposited again in the middle of those 7 days and nothing again.

Suicide

....4k peds, going once, going twice, gone... (6days me)

Interesting note on Fiona's comment.

I have never noticed that in teams certain people looting the mobs get better loot, but I have noticed that my loot has been poor for ages.... go hunting and get like 20 no looters in a row.... teamed up with someone so we could chat more effectively...and after chatting we just left the team running. I go and kill 3 exarosaur youngs with an axe.... 3+ ped each.... so in like 10 axes my total loot was less than 5 ped, I kill 3 exarosaur youngs... all 1 - 2 hits to kill...and get 11 ped.... after that I got another 2x 2 pedders, and then he disbanded the team cos he was getting skins etc. and my loots returned to very bad.

Ragna Rock said:
On a few ocasions Ive seen mobs directly running into turrets, wthout that there is any player in the near which they could follow, or just standing in water even if they are attacked without any reaction - the mobs were commiting suicide :D

but the funny part is that those mobs I actually could kill in this situation, were verry good looters, 10, 20, 30 PED mobs.

It seems like they are stressed from carrying to much money, and thats why they commite suicide.

On the other side it happens often that mobs attack you even If you arent in their agro range. those mobs are most of the time no looters, or carry just some pec wise loot.

Has someone here similar expirience? Or am I just going crazy?

Yeah have happened for me too sometimes

Something like that happend to me too but in the bad way.
normally i got decent luck with loot but when i team with a friend of mine the loot seems to disapear most of the time, he got very depresed about that since now he think he brings bad luck to others

I wonder if all the "lucky looters" got together and made a team, if they could bankrupt MA....

Something for MA to worry about... :)

rig_assa70732.jpg

Last edited:
:rofl:

that happend to me!!

i tpd to ages mound and some crazy foul came to me from the END of the radar

he wanted MEEEEEE :laugh:
no body else was there

Back