Sweating and Skills

Anaksanamune

Young
I have read loads of guides on sweating, and they make many interesting points. However I would like to know definativly, how different skill levels affect sweating performance?

The main two I am interested in are Sweat Gatherer, and Concentration.

Some guides say that sweat gatherer has a negative affect on amount of sweat that is collected however this may be to do with VU increases.
Other guides say it is completly random.
Some people I know say that concentration sets yor success rate and sweat gatherer set the max sweat collectable from a single sweating attemt.

I would really like to increase my ability to gather sweat, so would a concentration implant help?

Also I there a certain level where you will always be able to sweat successfully evey try?

All coments welcome, but can we stay on topic ;)

Statistics have shown that its all random, But MA can always change it, and they should too;)

Hello,

Firstly - if you can afford a skill implant you are most likey tradeing or depositing so sweat is less valuable to you (I realize that is an opinion).

Secondly - No, you will never guarantee a successful sweat every time you try. The most pressing reason for this is once the mobs is sweated out you cant get anymore. The second reason for this is that it works similar (but not identical to) the weapon systems. Even at HA 10 you are not gauranteed a hot every time or max damage.

Hope this helps.

Grounder

well, im just at level 700 in sweat gathering, but i really doubt the skill has any effect
just from the eco part of MA
before the sweat ability was capped at level 200, therefore, no need to implement anything that skill should do beside giving an approximation when you will be unable to sweat and have to deposit

i doubt MA programmers did that much work, especially not when the sweat cap existed, to give that skill any means, not after they removed the cap, and i highly doubt they gave it any means later

same for conc regarding sweating, but as i said, just level 700 there
thats a question for the 2k-3k ppl :D

but there are indeed skills that help sweating, and those are evade and all related ones, so you will take less hits

It's quite more tactical what Alice says, Defense + HP helps more than the actual sweat/conc skill more Evade and Hit points means you can last longer

I wouldn't advise chipping to sweat, the gain (if any) would be so small that it wouldn't be worth it. If you wanted to chip, evade would be your best choice, the less you get hit, the less you die, the more you can sweat.

Some people wear armour and it helps you to live longer, but the decay of the armour will take a lot of the profit :)laugh: ) out of sweating.

Going to somewhere like Nea's will help you sweat. In groups you get attacked less and die less. Also people there will heal and focus, which also helps.

Well I am at like 1k Skill and I noticed no difference...even one of those MA Guides said that he does not know about Sweat Gatherer so he was talking about Defense Skill increasing sweat efficiency

Some people I know say that concentration sets yor success rate and sweat gatherer set the max sweat collectable from a single sweating attemt.

I believe that the max sweat gathered in 1 attempt is 22 for everyone, no matter what their skills. I haven't heard of anyone collecting higher.

I believe that the max sweat gathered in 1 attempt is 22 for everyone, no matter what their skills. I haven't heard of anyone collecting higher.

I have recieved 23 on occasion (I think it was from ambu @ Nea's) and I have heard of people getting larger from bigger mobs but I have not seen confirmation of that.

Grounder

I have recieved 23 on occasion (I think it was from ambu @ Nea's) and I have heard of people getting larger from bigger mobs but I have not seen confirmation of that.

Grounder

screenies, i wanna see screenies :D

I got 23 maybe one or two times, but it was months ago and haven't got 23 since. My higest besides that is 22. SG seems to be random really to me. However, when I had no SG (starting out) skills it was MUCH harder to get sweat it seemed. It even took me around 200 tries once back then. I guess it was worth it though, because sweat was more valuable back then. :cool:

Chipping in Concentration will not help you with Sweat Gathering.

Only Sweat Gathering will help you. I have 1354 SG Skills. 450 in Concentration. It increases a little bit but it's stil up and down on your success rate and amount you gather.

Akbar who acheived 2k SG skills says the amount of sweat you can gather in a period of time doesn't really go up.

Hope this helps.

:D

Back