Question: sweating icarus

totalwar235

Young
Society
1st Society
totalwar235
is it cheaper to use a knife(13.5 Ped) or to buy bullets if it take 3 shots to kill a punny?(3 * 140 = 420 = 4 pec each)

13.5/ 0.04 = 337.5 punnies i could kill for the same price as the bullets alone.

so would I be able to kill more than 340 punnies with a knife before i had to get a new one?

Last edited:
yep, look at entropedia... and figure out what your primary profession is going to be. Why skill on blades if you plan to use pistols? Why use pistols if you want to skill on rifles? Why use any of them if you plan on taming?

puny have 10 health. Use that as a basis to help you figure out if you are overkilling or not. On puny, the more hits you do, it seems that the less likely you will overkill. one shot kills on them is definitely overkill... but it can be fun if you are just trying to get through the iron man mission and don't care about the economy of what you are doing on these little critters. Would love to see firestorm chip take out thousands of puny mobs in one click, lol.

I looked it up, it looks like the knife i saw gets about 420 uses. each hit is at 13 damage. so a slight over kill but it will kill a total of 40 more punnies.

this will leave the cost per punny at 0.033 pec a kill.

MasterMesh >figure out what your primary profession is going to be. Why skill on blades if you plan to use pistols? Why use pistols if you want to skill on rifles? Why use any of them if you plan on taming?

Reply> Most professions in combat have some of the same skills to rank up, so no matter what this will help out all around. Like now i am using a "Herman Cap - 99"(pistol) when i want to end up with rifles just because of cost. I'd rather keep costs low early game so i wont deposit more than needed.

whats an icarus? :scratch2:

whats an icarus? :scratch2:

Son of Daedalus :D Next question!

Ok, seriously. The only 2 things that should bother you is not doing overkill, as already said, and using the most eco weapon (dmg/pec) so you won't pay more for the same damage.

CAP-99R is a very good thing, but before you get a A101 amp for it, a S.I. Scorpion pistol from Cyrene is much more eco and has less dmg - so less overkill, witch is also good (but unfortunately too low dmg to put any decent amp on it in future, since amps give only 50% of max dmg).

Exactly the same situation with the knife you mentioned (I guess it's EnBlade-A, judging by the cost) vs. S.I. Combat Knife - the latter has less dmg and way more eco. And a way more fun to use :D

They usually are sold for a markup (like +1-2) since they're from another planet, but I happen to have both a Scorpion and a Combat Knife so you can have any of them or both for tt price if you want.

Last edited:
is it cheaper to use a knife(13.5 Ped) or to buy bullets if it take 3 shots to kill a punny?(3 * 140 = 420 = 4 pec each)

13.5/ 0.04 = 337.5 punnies i could kill for the same price as the bullets alone.

so would I be able to kill more than 340 punnies with a knife before i had to get a new one?

To kill punies the best option still is in my opinion not available to many new players.

It would be S.I. Scorpion pistol from Cyrene (there is still a possiblity to amp this with something that drops from punies, so 2 of them wouldn't be a bad idea, one with other without amp)

and to finnishes them using the cheap ass rifle from rocktropia (even most unfortunate is that they are L and have low tt).

That is what my friend got me when I asked.

Once maxed Herman CAP-99 R with A101 seems a nice option for the first shot them switch for a finnisher weapon.

Back