Question: sweats

itchi

Provider
Society
Lost Renegades
scrappy1 itchi scrat
When people buy sweats at .5 to make ME. do they make profit when they sell the ME?

When people buy sweats at .5 to make ME. do they make profit when they sell the ME?

It all depends on the quantity of Sweat, Nexus & Mind Essence.

It also depends on the price of acquiring the Nexus. It could have taken a fair bit of PEDs to mine it or the Nexus on the Auction could've been a bit over priced at the time.

The final dependency is the price they sell the Mind Essence at. If Nexus is 120%, sweat is bought at o.5 and the Mind Essence is sold at 160%, it is a loss. 170%, it is a even break and anything over 170% in this scenario would be a profit if the Nexus is bought and not mined. :)

Hope my post was helpful and informative. :)

thanks!! it was very helpful and informative.
since im new to the game i dont really know the average rate nexus go for.
So assuming they got nexus at average market value, and sell ME at average market value would they make a profit?

You can go in-game to an auction NPC and browse Mindforce section to see the current prices for ME. Nexus is under Unrefined resources / Enmatter (I think).

thanks!! it was very helpful and informative.
since im new to the game i dont really know the average rate nexus go for.
So assuming they got nexus at average market value, and sell ME at average market value would they make a profit?

Generally yes.

The average Nexus & Mind Essence Markup is around the mark where you profit. :)

(...)
The final dependency is the price they sell the Mind Essence at. If Nexus is 120%, sweat is bought at o.5 and the Mind Essence is sold at 160%, it is a loss. 170%, it is a even break and anything over 170% in this scenario would be a profit if the Nexus is bought and not mined. :)
(...)

Count in refining fee and auction fee:

refining fee differs from 0.31ped per 1k for TT refiner and 0.23ped per 1k for MT-104 (MT-105 is barelly ever seen due to high cost of manufacturing)

auction fees (Well it depends on quantity and curent markup) generally differs from ~0.90ped per 1k (for 1k bulks), ~0.60ped per 1k (2k-3k bulks) and ~0.45ped per 1k (10k bulks - those are hard to sell now because tp users usueally dont need more than 3k, when healing with MF will be back those stacks will be more usefull).

So lets say you get cheap nexus for 117% and have MT-104 refiner and decided to sell ME on auction in ~2-3k bulks for ~178-179% (current good selling markup) - this gives you:
11.70 + x + 0.23 + 0.60 = 17.90
so:
sweat price = x = 5.37 so quite nice price :) (0.537 for sweat)

So buying sweat at 0.5 price and selling it later on auction like in the example gives you 0.37ped profit per 1k :).

Falagor
:bandit:

Itchi,

As the others mentioned it is dependant on several factors. How much your pay for Nexus is one. Today Nexus rate is at 117.74% if you pay full MU you will get less profit then if you pay less. I saw a guy selling Nexus for 114% the other day when MU was at 117%. That is one factor.

What you sell ME is also a factor. If you sell for below MU of ME then you will have less profit. Get too low and you will lose money.

So, you have to consider several factors. Get Nexus at a good discount and your get more profit. Selling ME at MU or a bit higher and you get even more profit.

Some people think that deserve to make more off sweaters per hour than the sweaters themselves make per hour. That is why offering less than .5 is a questionable practice.

Generally yes.

The average Nexus & Mind Essence Markup is around the mark where you profit. :)

When the rest of Mindforce comes back, markup of nexus and mind essence should hopefully go up as well.

Remember that item info MU = weighted average.

For instance the MU you can get from selling in small stacks can be higher but that won't affect the MU averages much.

but it can also be better to have a lower ME price, so you can sell more in less time.. so more profit, if it's done correctly

So, the short answer is- Maybe, Sort of, Not a lot. :)

So, the short answer is- Maybe, Sort of, Not a lot. :)

it all depends on how much you can cycle

hope the picture works and that you understand it

Posted via Mobile Device

Back