taxes

JackATHherer

Guardian
Society
irken invaders
JackATHherer
I was wondering how exactly taxes work...

as i understasnd - when u enter a land area and see the tax - normally 4%ish, it means that every time u get loot - or hit a mine - u will get 4% less tt value than u would normally get.

What im thinking is if MA is taxing the erst of the areas - or if theres some sort of other factors.

If not i dont so much understand why ppl would hunt/mine taxed land....

I mean - ok yes u might find bigger spawns or more uniform mob-distribution, but still - those ubers doin 5k ped hunts are paying like 100 ped tax on a hunt if the tax is 4%.

same as for mining - u might get beter markup ores - but is it so significant u would actually loose 4% of the tt value?

Dunno if its just me thats cheap / misunderstanding something / suxxors big time at math / all of the above, but it just seems a bit odd to me.

For short;

Is the non-LA parts of calypso also taxed?

What benefit could a LA have that wardens paying 5% of TT loot value?

One thing is higher maturity of specific mobs.

Higher maturity = better chance at getting better loot IIRC.

Also some mobs are LA only like Hogglos.

thx for reply - the higher maturities i spose could explain some of it - but for maturities there should be alternatives outside taxed areas for most mobs - i think.

For hogglo and other only in taxed lands mobs - (segs(?)) it makes sense - but then why hunt taxed hoggs when u can hunt untaxed atrox alphas? - ofc different loot would be the response - but is that really a good reason?

also - this only xplains hunting, nothing regarding to mining here ;D

- discuss ;D

thx for reply - the higher maturities i spose could explain some of it - but for maturities there should be alternatives outside taxed areas for most mobs - i think.

For hogglo and other only in taxed lands mobs - (segs(?)) it makes sense - but then why hunt taxed hoggs when u can hunt untaxed atrox alphas? - ofc different loot would be the response - but is that really a good reason?

also - this only xplains hunting, nothing regarding to mining here ;D

- discuss ;D

Yeah I cannot comment on mining as I only mine part time. Hogglo's have a chance at dropping rare items that do not drop off of other mob types. I mean that is an assumption. I havent hunted hoggs since they were around Argus.

I also am not aware of other places on Eudoria/Amethera that would have Stalker/Prowler Armax, Longu, other mobs besides LAs as well. I am not including all mobs, as there are places besides LA's to find Atrox old alphas, etc.

also sometimes you want to key in on a certain mob for the example of hunting for a certain dropped item, and you can choose to hunt on untaxed land with lower maturity of mobs, and /or sharing space with mobs that are not worth hunting, or agro to much and become a waste of ammo. Instead you can find a LA of just that mob with a decent spawn and decide the 4% is worth it compared to wasted ammo on mixed spawn of undesireables and lower maturity.

thx - i see ur point, could u give a good example of where this is the case? - i mean a reason to hunt - lets say - longu stalker, instead of equal hp atrox, because the longu drops a special item worth more than what the atrox might drop.

I know that eu is dynamic and its a lot to ask for any definite answers here....

thx - i see ur point, could u give a good example of where this is the case? - i mean a reason to hunt - lets say - longu stalker, instead of equal hp atrox, because the longu drops a special item worth more than what the atrox might drop.

I know that eu is dynamic and its a lot to ask for any definite answers here....

If I understand your question right then I would say T-10's(L). Longus drop these.

T10(L)

Also Anti Matter rifles are dropped by Longu (if they still drop).

Tiger arm guards as well.

the T10 would be an example - but is it so much better than what u might loot from a similar mob?

I mean if u pay the 4% tax to get that gun specifically - it might be a lot of tax before u loot it - and theres a feffoid dropping a korrs just next door untaxed...

Could be i just dont see the worth of the T10 to be in a different league than other guns (ofc nice gun but still...)

T10 and and Korss are totally different, and Longu and Feffoid are totally different.

T10 is BLP, Korss is laser.

T10 does more damage.

T10 has 200% markup.

Feffoid has high regen, Longu does not.

You're right, there is no need to pay taxes when there are plenty of mobs in tax-free areas. Some people never hunt in a taxed area. But some people like to hunt a particular mob or look for a particular item and in those cases very often taxed land is best.

I guess my point is, there are many factors to consider. Tax is one of them.

as i understasnd - when u enter a land area and see the tax - normally 4%ish, it means that every time u get loot - or hit a mine - u will get 4% less tt value than u would normally get.

Yes, you get 4% less in TT value than you would if there was no tax.
That % goes to the land owner.

What im thinking is if MA is taxing the erst of the areas - or if theres some sort of other factors.

One would think there is no tax on the other areas, however it's rather difficult to prove.

If not i dont so much understand why ppl would hunt/mine taxed land....

I mean - ok yes u might find bigger spawns or more uniform mob-distribution, but still - those ubers doin 5k ped hunts are paying like 100 ped tax on a hunt if the tax is 4%.

Better density - some mobs have horrid spawns elsewhere.
People value their time a fair bit, and Entropia is also about having fun.
It's not much fun if it takes you 5 minutes to find the next creature.

Rare mobs - Hogglo and SEG are often mentioned, however their are many other mobs that do not spawn at the desired maturities elsewhere.

Loot - This is more subjective, as it tends to change over time.
Some mobs do regularly drop specific items, such as (L) guns, which make them more attractive to hunt than others.

So yes, people doing big long hunts pay a few PED in tax.
On the other hand if they were elsewhere they may not even be able to do such a long hunt without spending an extra few hours finding mobs to shoot.

same as for mining - u might get beter markup ores - but is it so significant u would actually loose 4% of the tt value?
It can be if the market value of the ores is higher. 4% on mineral market values is fairly small, and some LA's have resources on them worth 150%, 200%, or more.
Generally mining on an LA is more about "I know that these minerals spawn here somewhere" and the LA boundary gives you a guide as to the area to search.

Dunno if its just me thats cheap / misunderstanding something / suxxors big time at math / all of the above, but it just seems a bit odd to me.

For most the tax is not noticable as they don't do thousands of PED a day.
Also only loot is taxed, and as you know loot is often less than the TT value of ammo spent - markup on found items is not taxed for example.

In the end you'll usually find that MA takes more in decay usually, certainly if you hunt with armour.
e.g. 500 PED ammo, 100ish PED armour+weapon decay, LA owner gets less than 20 PED whilst MA gets 100 or more.

So paying a few PED for a couple hours of fun in a good, reliable, spawn is pretty good value :)

Bye,
Deathifier

Back